Isle of Disney - Imagineering paradise!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Well, I still am unable to see why you are so much against it. Usually you can build up a lot of excitement by having a big focus on the story in some point of the ride. I'm not saying it will have as much story as Splash Mountain, but at least some more than the current with a couple of AA etc....

ImaginEAR

I think the story would be absolutely pointless. People are rushing by so fast that they wouldn't even be able to follow the story. And slowing down the ride won't work. The reason it's so popular is because of its high speeds and status as a weenie.

Wannabe Walt

Again, I must say, a storyline with BTMR is abosolutly unneccessary. Like IminagEAR said, it wouldn't make sense, since you are rushing by everything so fast. I complety and 100%ly object to a story with BTMR.

MCBRIZZ5

Alrite I'm going to cahnge the subject to a more happier note. Before we strted working each indivual land when me and Nexus weree trying to figure out some rides we came up wit Walt Disney World of Tomorrow. I was intrigued by the idea and asked if i can work on it. I wrote most of the script. Imaginear I was wondering if u wanted me to post them or do you want to take care of that attraction since you are running Tomorrowland. If you do thats fine saves me the trouble of finishing it.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
ImaginEAR said:
I think the story would be absolutely pointless. People are rushing by so fast that they wouldn't even be able to follow the story. And slowing down the ride won't work. The reason it's so popular is because of its high speeds and status as a weenie.

Remember, we need to think new and creative, not just stick with everything...

Currently, I'm not totally satisfied with BTMR, simply because it doesn't give me the same memorable feeling as eg. Splash Mountain does. Now of course you would slow down the ride in the story parts, but why wouldn't that work?

I mean, people are just to wait a time before a rollercoaster kicks in because of the lift, so the extra "slow" time with the storytelling wouldn't make it stranger. I'm not saying it should occupy the majority of the ride, but I certainly believe it will make the ride more memorable, exciting and refreshing.

For me, rides are just plan rides without any form for storytelling, and I sincerely think it's a shame that storytelling haven't been utilized more in coasters. It's really not that hard to do and will also remove the feeling of the ride being to short, as people sometimes think about rollercoaster...

And it would also give the ride more spirit, IMO!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
MCBRIZZ5 said:
Alrite I'm going to cahnge the subject to a more happier note. Before we strted working each indivual land when me and Nexus weree trying to figure out some rides we came up wit Walt Disney World of Tomorrow. I was intrigued by the idea and asked if i can work on it. I wrote most of the script. Imaginear I was wondering if u wanted me to post them or do you want to take care of that attraction since you are running Tomorrowland. If you do thats fine saves me the trouble of finishing it.

I think you should finish it...

Besides, doing a land does not mean that you will work on every ride and place in that area. That work will certainly also be given others...

MCBRIZZ5

alrite i will finish it

Anyway if u tell the story during the lift and during the very beginning it could work but def none in between. A roller coaster is suppoesed to be fast and keep you thrilled. A story during the lift would be the only times that you could do it. Is that enough time????

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
MCBRIZZ5 said:
alrite i will finish it

Anyway if u tell the story during the lift and during the very beginning it could work but def none in between. A roller coaster is suppoesed to be fast and keep you thrilled. A story during the lift would be the only times that you could do it. Is that enough time????

The storytelling part will, of course, only be before the lift...

Wannabe Walt

NO STORY! BTMR is a Classic! You can't change the "concept" of it. No Story! BTMR doesn't have that much of a starter lift anyways. No time for a story! None, zero, zip!

ImaginEAR

MCBRIZZ5 said:

Yea, finish it. I really have no idea what the attraction is even about, or what the attraction even is, or how big the showbuilding is, whatever.

MCBRIZZ5

Alrtie heres my basic summary of Walt Disney's World of Tomorrow. Now I want a whole lot of suggestions especially on the ending. The ride starts out in Walt's secret lab. THe cars are futuristic looking and fit a total of 20 inside 5 rows of 4. After the boarding instructions your vehicles take you to one of two preshows both are the same. It's kinda hard to explain but the point of it is that itll cut down on wait times. During the preshow Jean Shepard (father from CoP and person in beginning) gives you a quick intro on Walt Vision of the city. After the preshow, the cars move up to the actual ride part. Here you are introduced to your guides who are two of Walt's great "friends", Jack Wagner (voice of Disneyland) and Mickey Mouse. Here they further get you ready. Then you launch for this launch it will be just a quick accleration uphill. Then the tour begins (I will explain more later but Im in a middle of a poker gm). During the tour you see many buildings from his vision including a sample house and other buildings like a school.

The rest is just an idea i had, to make it exciting while keeping it based on Walt's dream. Mickey will be called away with a problem and Donald will take over as first mate. While driving he crashes into the weather machine (one of Walt's plans was to make a machine that controled the weather) and the town gets mad. THey chase the vehicle all around into the finale when our vehicle races up the tallest building at 90 degrees (prob will be an 80 foot drop) and come stragiht down 80 degrees. That's when Mickey comes back and solves the problem. He promptly takes you back although this time it is a real launch. THe laucnh wont be tat fast prob 0 to 60 in 5 seconds and you arrive back in the lab.
Now as I said this does not have to be used at all. THis was just an idea that I thought of that I figured could work. Please all Comments and Suggestions are wanted along with Criticism.

Edit:I have decided that it would be better if the actual launch (0-60 in 5 seconds) was right after you crash into the weather machine. That way you can make it up the 90 degree hill. At the the end the reentry will either be a quick ascension or descesion.

MCBRIZZ5

Wannabe Walt said:
NO STORY! BTMR is a Classic! You can't change the "concept" of it. No Story! BTMR doesn't have that much of a starter lift anyways. No time for a story! None, zero, zip!

About the lift if we want it more exciting it will be a longer lift so a story could actually fit and maybe right as you come out of the station.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Wannabe Walt said:

Now this I don't approve of, because you seem narrow-minded. Yes, BTMR is a classic, but why does that mean it shouldn't be changed? It was changed a bit for DLP and that was for the good, I believe. Besides I really think this ride needs an update.

So at least put out some more useful arguments instead of the "it's a classic and we never change classics", because what this whole project is about is re-thinking everything Disney and make it better in every way possible...

stitchcastle

BTMRR story suggestion :D, what was supposed to be just a peaceful train ride to the enxt town becomes a harrowing ride to remember when the engine breaks and you are on an uncontrollable dash through the wild wild west.....simple but fun :D

ImaginEAR

stitchcastle said:
BTMRR story suggestion :D, what was supposed to be just a peaceful train ride to the enxt town becomes a harrowing ride to remember when the engine breaks and you are on an uncontrollable dash through the wild wild west.....simple but fun :D

Oooo... now, this I can picture!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
stitchcastle said:

See, a simple story example. That's what I want, ya know...

Nothing too big and flashy, but something that will make the ride more than just a ride...

Wannabe Walt

See, a simple story example. That's what I want, ya know...

Nothing too big and flashy, but something that will make the ride more than just a ride...

Make up your mind please. Earlier it sounded like you wanted an actual story with a plot. This however, isn't really a "story", its more of a background or happening. Most people won't comprehend this unless you tell them...but a story would be tough for them to follow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom