Isle of Disney - Imagineering paradise!

ImaginEAR

Currently there's only one 3-D show in Tomorrowland- Flubber 3-D. I don't know about SiS! being 3-D. And wearing those glasses in the cabnin would be kinda tough...

Wannabe Walt

3-d would be cool, but I don't think it would work well. SiS needs to be like Star Tours, a "3-d" thats not really "3-d"...you know what I mean?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Finally back and ready to kick ______, mwuhaha!!

Lets start with SiS and Buzz. Again I'm still not too fond of Stitch (and Buzz to some degree) as characters for TL, but your attraction ideas sounds compelling, so try do work on it some more and lets see if it works :)

As for the much disputed Tom Sawyer Island, it will, of course, go in Frontierland. To say it again, the overview document is a bit outdated right now and some of it was, unfortunately, created in a hurry to complete the att. and shop overview of MK.

As for the attractions in Frontierland:

- Splash Mountain I would want to remain somewhat the same, but I dunno what others feel about this? To me this ride is very whole. It feels long, has a good storyline, great theming, some surprising thrills and can be ridden by most age groups.

- BTMR will indeed be changed. My original plan was to put it on a seperate island like in DLP, simply because I like the idea of seperating the ride from the queue area.
But instead of doing the Klondike ride, which would be based off Scrooge McDuck and his years as a Golddigger in Klondike, I thought it would perhaps be better to base BTMR on this theme? This will of course include a massive preliminary story part for the rollercoaster, but hey, that's what I like :)

- It is of course Country Bear Jamboree :) I am thinking about changing this att from a show into a ride though.

- Fort Duckburg will be a construction located at the entrance of FL (coming from the hub), or will actually be the entrance. It will have some smaller attractions, like gold digging etc., shops and eating places.

- The mark twain riverboat departs from FL... shouldn't it?

- The junior woodchucks att isn't fully thought out yet. I would just very much like an att. with hewey, dewey and louie as woodchucks in FL and perhaps a live stage show would do well?

And now onto the castle. Again the work is improving a lot WW, but... I know I'm hard to please, but I'm still not fully satisfied. Just remember that this is the single most important piece of property in MK, if not on the whole Isle of Disney, so it needs to be perfect! I did some rough drawings on my vacation, which I will scan in a minute, so you better can get read my visual thoughts :)

I hope that covered it all :)

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Ok, here are the castle drawings. The first one I wanted to see the castle from a Main Street perspective (and also added some very ugly drawings of the other MK landmarks), whereas the other is more detailed. As you probably will notice, several arrows and such point to areas I already want changed, so please keep in mind that this was my first draft... I want many things changed!

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL721/3205922/6543169/90497449.jpg
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL721/3205922/6543169/90497520.jpg

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
ImaginEAR said:
BTMRR with a CHARACTER OVERLAY?!?!? Keep it the way it is, please!

Well, of course it would change name as well I think, but I at least I want some story for the attraction.

Of course I could still keep the Klondike ride and then just built on what BTMR already has as a background story.

ImaginEAR

NeXuS1000 said:
Well, of course it would change name as well I think, but I at least I want some story for the attraction.

Of course I could still keep the Klondike ride and then just built on what BTMR already has as a background story.

You want to change its name too?!?

BTMRR has a story- Come take the wildest ride thru the wilderness.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Oh yes, sure... but I simply want a lot more emphasis on the story. Like a large potion of the early part of the ride entirely devoted to the story...

Wannabe Walt

A story and BTMR do not go together at all. The only "story" with it is the legend that the Imagineers came up with. They do it for nearly every ride (that doesn't have a storyline) however, so its not really a story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom