Isle of Disney - Imagineering paradise!

stitchcastle

I saw Nexus' and Wannabe Walt's castles and...
castle.jpg

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Wannabe Walt said:
Make up your mind please. Earlier it sounded like you wanted an actual story with a plot. This however, isn't really a "story", its more of a background or happening. Most people won't comprehend this unless you tell them...but a story would be tough for them to follow.

Ehrm, people will get this because the story will actually be a part of the ride and told throughout the beginning. I'm sorry if it sound like it, but I never intended for the story to occupy the ride the whole way through, but all I really want is something in the beginning - possibly a middle section - that tells a story...

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
MCBRIZZ5 said:
Alrtie heres my basic summary of Walt Disney's World of Tomorrow. Now I want a whole lot of suggestions especially on the ending. The ride starts out in Walt's secret lab. THe cars are futuristic looking and fit a total of 20 inside 5 rows of 4. After the boarding instructions your vehicles take you to one of two preshows both are the same. It's kinda hard to explain but the point of it is that itll cut down on wait times. During the preshow Jean Shepard (father from CoP and person in beginning) gives you a quick intro on Walt Vision of the city. After the preshow, the cars move up to the actual ride part. Here you are introduced to your guides who are two of Walt's great "friends", Jack Wagner (voice of Disneyland) and Mickey Mouse. Here they further get you ready. Then you launch for this launch it will be just a quick accleration uphill. Then the tour begins (I will explain more later but Im in a middle of a poker gm). During the tour you see many buildings from his vision including a sample house and other buildings like a school.

The rest is just an idea i had, to make it exciting while keeping it based on Walt's dream. Mickey will be called away with a problem and Donald will take over as first mate. While driving he crashes into the weather machine (one of Walt's plans was to make a machine that controled the weather) and the town gets mad. THey chase the vehicle all around into the finale when our vehicle races up the tallest building at 90 degrees (prob will be an 80 foot drop) and come stragiht down 80 degrees. That's when Mickey comes back and solves the problem. He promptly takes you back although this time it is a real launch. THe laucnh wont be tat fast prob 0 to 60 in 5 seconds and you arrive back in the lab.
Now as I said this does not have to be used at all. THis was just an idea that I thought of that I figured could work. Please all Comments and Suggestions are wanted along with Criticism.

Edit:I have decided that it would be better if the actual launch (0-60 in 5 seconds) was right after you crash into the weather machine. That way you can make it up the 90 degree hill. At the the end the reentry will either be a quick ascension or descesion.

Sorry I didn't comment before now...

But it sounds really good and I like the Donald part (which I haven't heard about before), which seems both original yet very classic Disney ;)

WHat I really don't like is the town getting mad... I mean, would Disney want to show an angry, mad mob chasing a beloved Disney character?

I do like the weather machine, but would it be better with some kind of non-human danger or a villain?

MCBRIZZ5

THanks for the comments. I wasn't sure if anybody read it. Anyway yea I agree what you said about the town getting angry. How about the weather machine goes crazy or something and they have to escape. Same concept but without people.

I still want more comments though and suggestions.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
MCBRIZZ5 said:
THanks for the comments. I wasn't sure if anybody read it. Anyway yea I agree what you said about the town getting angry. How about the weather machine goes crazy or something and they have to escape. Same concept but without people.

I still want more comments though and suggestions.

Hmm, try being more creative...

Could we think of a character, original or classic Disney, who would might want to mess up Walts vision of the future?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
ImaginEAR said:
Mortimer Mouse?

Perhaps...

I'm not that familiar with Mortimer, so I wouldn't say it's my call... at least not right now. If you like it brizz, see what you can find out about it...

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
MCBRIZZ5 said:
Mortiemer Mouse was the original name for Mickey Mouse. I belive he was also created and was known as Mickey's Rival.

Yes, I know he's mickeys rival, but that's it...

ImaginEAR

Good! Then I can see whats the updated list for Tomorrowland.

Speaking of which, i think Tomorrowland's Astro Orbitor will be alot like Hong Kong's, but it will have its own unique differences (it's on a platform; no elevator, guests board ramps (sort of) to the upstairs queue area.)

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Yeah, I also really like the HK one and it's magnificient colors... should have more kinetic energy perhaps, but we can always look into that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom