Isle of Disney - Imagineering paradise!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
True, but many original scores have been developed throughout time for the Disney parks...

Oh and the castle looks a LOT better now... still needs improvement, but think it's on the right track.

1. The base structure IMO still needs more towers and doesn't really look wide enough (generally there are some problems with height/width, eg. the gate looks abnormally large considering the size of the rest of the castle).
2. The main building should perhaps be a little wider and located a little more in the middle.
3. Still need many more smaller towers, especially on the left side.
4. I think you should go with another design for the main tower, with more variation throughout (look at the Cinderella castle for inspiration as well as many european chapels).

And about the base, it looks really well, but expand to the sides, while increasing the size of the rest of the castle. That will get the proportions right I think.

MCBRIZZ5

i agree with nexus it is def better than the other one except it needs a few changes good work. I'll have my work up prob by saturday

O and have a good time on your trip Nexus

Wannabe Walt

As of now, the castle is 140 ft. wide at the base and 216 ft. tall from the base to the tip of the highest flag pole. If I would make side and back elevations I think you would see that the base is not too small. Also, the rest of the castle will fit together fine once you see sides and the back. I will start working on those here in a little bit.

Wannabe Walt

Oh! Also, I have got quite a bit done with Once Upon A Time... here is just the song list for it so far. Tell me what you think...what I should add...and what I should remove.

Once Upon A Time...

A Time for Fantasy (Cinderella Castle)
 “Cinderella Medley” (“Cinderelly, Cinderelly” & “Bipidy-Bopidy-Boo”) – Cinderella
 “Once Upon A Dream” – Sleeping Beauty
 “Beauty and the Beast Medley” (“Tale As Old As Time” & “Be Our Guest”) – Beauty and the Beast
 “Part Of Your World” – The Little Mermaid
 “You Can Fly” – Peter Pan
 “It’s A Small World After All” – It’s A Small World

A Time for Remembering Yesterday (Main Street Station)
 “Mary Poppins Medley” (“A Spoonful of Sugar”, “Dance In Time”, & Supercalagragalisticexpealadocious”) – Mary Poppins
 “All Aboard!” – Main Street Station

A Time For Adventure (Fire Mountain)
 “Indiana Jones Theme” – Indiana Jones
 “Aladdin Medley” (“Arabian Nights”, “Prince Ali”, & “A Whole New World”) – Aladdin
 “Lion King Medley” (“Circle of Life”, “I Just Can’t Wait”, & “Hakuna Matata”) – The Lion King
 “Yo Ho, Yo Ho A Pirates Life For Me” – Pirates of the Caribbean
 “Two Worlds” – Tarzan

A Time For Moving On (Big Thunder Mtn. & Splash Mtn.)
 “Woody’s Roundup” – Toy Story
 “Song of the South Medley” (“Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” & “Laughin’ Place) – Song of the South

A Time for Tomorrow (Space Mountain)
 “Star Wars Theme” – Star Wars
 “Future Jam” (Techno & Rock style)

No Time for Villains (Bald Mountain)
 “Night on Bald Mountain” – Fantasia
 “Poor Unfortunate Souls” – The Little Mermaid
 “Cruela Devil” – 101 Dalmatians
 “Grim Grinning Ghosts” – The Haunted Mansion

A Time for Believing (Entire Park)
 “Sorcerer’s Apprentice” – Fantasia
 “Colors of the Wind” – Pocahontas
 “Strangers Like Me” – Tarzan
 “A Whole New World” – Aladdin
 “Go The Distance” – Hercules
 “When You Wish Upon A Star” – Pinocchio

ImaginEAR

Ehhh... it's okay.. nothing spectacular...

Star Wars theme? In Tomorrowland? I don't think Star Tours is even in the park at all. Unless it's in that overview document I never got. Why not Space Mountain's music instead?

Wannabe Walt

Ehhh... it's okay.. nothing spectacular...
Okay...everybody keeps saying negative things about the castles (except KentB3)! What do you want?! What would make them better?
Telling me its nothing spectacular doesn't tell me anything to change or add or take away! If you want something changed...tell me (and I may do it).

Space Mountain has an actual soundtrack that people would recongnize?

ImaginEAR

what i mean is DETAIL! Look at the back of Cinderella Castle in WDW or Tokyo! See those detailed , huge windows? That's what this castle needs!

Space Mountain could have a unique soundtrack... we could have a new one made...

Wannabe Walt

We are only basing this castle off of the Cinderella Castle in WDW and Tokyo! It's not near identical. I can't go in to TONS of detail with CAD anyways, I would have to have much more time than I do. The windows look plain and boring, but there would be shapes in them, not just curves and straight lines. they would look more like the windows at WDW. (Notice that the front has a huge set of those kind of windows and that the side has a small set also)

MCBRIZZ5

Imaginear if you want the overview I'll send it I have a copy just give me an email address

Oh look back in the thread to and I'm pretty sure Nexus posted all rides he wants in Magic Kingdom

Just checked page 12 has the list It's the same as the overview

MCBRIZZ5

ImaginEAR said:
Space Mountain could have a unique soundtrack... we could have a new one made...

Yea we could do some techno thing or futristic. I agree that Star Wars isnt really even Disney. If u really had to go with a Tomorrowland song maybe use "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"

Wannabe Walt

Adventureland
Attractions:
- Jungle Cruise:
- Pirates of the Carribean:
- DuckTales and the Treasure of the Lost Lamp:
- Tom Sawyer Island & Swiss Family Treehouse:
- Adventure Island:
- The Enchanted Tiki Room:
- Tarzan’s Jungle Swing:
- Arizona Goof’s Tales from the South:

I don't know if someone has corrected the problem that I see here or not yet. Well, Tom Sawyer whatsoever does NOT fit in Adventureland. This cannot happen...Tom Sawyer was written by Mark Twain and was set in the mid-west (Missouri I believe). Adventureland and Tom Sawyer do NOT go together at all!

Just thought this needed to be fixed.

ImaginEAR

Thanks so much McBrizz!

Here's Tomorrowland's overview, with my comments in GREEN!

Tomorrowland
Attractions:
- Space Mountain: Obviously
- Walt Disney’s World of Tomorrow: Yup
- Gyro Gearloose, Inventions Inc.: ...Details?
- Orbitron: of course
- Flubber 3D: I KNEW something was missing. Ya... now that I think about it... it could work
- Starcade: Um...
- Timekeeper: Well.. I'm not sure...
- Alien Encounter: Again... not sure...
- Tomorrowland Transport Authority: Yep
Shows:
- Galaxy Theater: Tomorrow Is Made of Dreams: See Gyro Gearloose Inventions Inc.
Dining:
- TransGalatic Pizza Port: Sounds like Redd Rocket's Pizza Port
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café I'm against clones of rides, so shop and restaurants are a no
- Moons of Jupiter Starside Inn: See "Tomorrow is Made of Dreams"
- Tomorrowland HyperMeals: I'm guessing Quick Service Meals?
Shops:
- Milky Way Merchants: Ya
- The Observatory: Ya, but it sounds like a bar
- Gyro’s Inventers’ Club: Ya
- Outer Sphere Souvenirs: ...um...
- Galatic Gift Shop: I'm not sure... too many shops in Tomorrowland.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
I'm doing some quick writing from my vacation!

ImaginEAR --> Your comments are much appreciated ;)

About Timekeeper and AE, I feel the same way. Remember much of this list is old and much of it was just fill for now. Many things should be changed..

And about the cloned shops/restaurants, I'm against too, but for now I just borrowed the names, I did imagine something else. I'm not always good with names ;)

And too many shops? Perhaps... we'll look into that later!

Wannabe Walt --> Look at a drawing KentB3 had done of a castle. I mean, it had many more smaller towers and complexity. Besides, I still don't like the space between the main building and the towers. The towers should rise out of the large main building (that should decrease in width when getting higher... if you know what I mean? Like several layers, each times decreasing in width)...

That's all for now and good job on Once Upon a Time (maybe you should cut some of the tracks though... a bit too many in some areas perhaps)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom