Island Supply in the Magic Kingdom's Adventureland to close next week

JimboJones123

Looks like as good a place as any to once again suggest that the Dole Whips move to the Sunshine Tree Terrace and they PROMOTE bringing a Dole Whip into the Tiki Room like DL does, instead of forbidding it.

We have the DL print framed of the Dole Whip stand outside the Tiki Room. And we bought it at WDW.

This will never make sense to me. Aloha Isle is a TERRIBLE location too.

It is as if Disney hates making money and branding sometimes.

FutureWorld1982

I am among those who don't particularly care for the Jungle Cruise (I rode it once in the past few years. There are much better versions of this ride in many theme parks in Europe), but it would still be great to have another store that sold specific merchandise.

BrerJon

Looks like as good a place as any to once again suggest that the Dole Whips move to the Sunshine Tree Terrace and they PROMOTE bringing a Dole Whip into the Tiki Room like DL does, instead of forbidding it.

Yes a thousand times. It's so relaxing in Disneyland to sit and enjoy a Dole Whip float (with a cherry - you don't get that in Orlando) while watching the Tiki Birds. That show is made for whip consumption so it's crazy they ban it in Orlando, but you know, heaven forbid guests have a more fun time if there's a chance Disney might have to pay an extra $7 an hour to have a custodial on standby to clean up any spillages.

jdmdisney99

Disney could've gone all out and also included beef ragu, cheese soufflé, pie and pudding en flambé on the menu too. Talk about a unique restaurant.
be-our-guest-o.gif

Next Big Thing

heaven forbid guests have a more fun time if there's a chance Disney might have to pay an extra $7 an hour to have a custodial on standby to clean up any spillages.
They wouldn't even have to be on stand-by. All Custodial CM's wear radios to make it easier to communicate so all that would need to be done is the attractions CM report it to their supervisor, they'd call over to Custodial and Custodial would send a call out for a Adventureland custodial CM to go over to Tiki Room to clean up a spill. All they would have to do at that point is wait for the current show to exit (if they even sent one in, they may hold it up if the CM is close enough) and then go in and clean it up quickly. (Oh, and pay is at $9/hour now minimum).

You can probably figure out at this point how i'd know all this...

Magenta Panther

Checked the posted rules of the Magic Kingdom. Don't see anything that mandates all guests to ride it. So the only thing I can conclude is you have some aversion guides in boats on a rail wearing panama jack hats and telling corny jokes. You can admit it. It's the first step towards healing.

I don't consider myself afflicted. But thanks. ;)

surfsupdon

This is actually a store I love. Because it sells surf brands, not just Disney clothes. The Billabong, Hurley, and Quiksilver products are actually CHEAPER there at Disney than here at home at the beach. I always stock up at Island Mercantile and at the Poly GiftShop, or at Typhoon Lagoon. Surf brands are cheaper, and cheaper at WDW generally never happens!

Cosmic Commando

I'd love an indoor place to get a Dole Whip. The last time I bought some at WDW, it was blazing hot. They put my Dole Whips on the counter, then they were having trouble with the credit card machine. Between the heat and the fan overhead blowing the hot air down at me, my family's Dole Whips melted like a Nazi at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark before my family even got a chance to eat them!

Victor Kelly

Remember the shop that POTC used to have? If they open that back up with unique merch along with the JC shop that would be great. Generic, just does not cut it in any way.

Next Big Thing

None of the merchandise in that store ever makes me want to buy it though. It's not like the stuff in Marketplace Co-Op or Memento Mori where it's all very unique merch and actually has a level of quality to it.

I'd love to see a redo of the Pirates gift shop to get similar merch like in those stores. Everything in the pirates store feels cheap and overpriced.

jdmdisney99

None of the merchandise in that store ever makes me want to buy it though. It's not like the stuff in Marketplace Co-Op or Memento Mori where it's all very unique merch and actually has a level of quality to it.

I'd love to see a redo of the Pirates gift shop to get similar merch like in those stores. Everything in the pirates store feels cheap and overpriced.
Yes, I agree, but it's not closed and it is still unique. Just wanted to make that clarification to the post which said there wasn't one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom