Is this worth it?

neverbeen

Just weighing my options and thought I would ask you Disney pros. I have the opportunity to stay in a studio at the Boardwalk for a week for about $350 more than the Pop Century. What do y'all think?

Gail Hayden

neverbeen said:
Just weighing my options and thought I would ask you Disney pros. I have the opportunity to stay in a studio at the Boardwalk for a week for about $350 more than the Pop Century. What do y'all think?

Hands down I would spend the 350.00 more for the studio. Much more room, a toaster, fridge and microwave. You can save a significant amount of money by just eating breakfast in the unit. In fact, if you crunch the numbers of renting a fridge and eating out, you might find that it is a wash or maybe you might come out ahead and the BWV's are within walking distance to Epcot and MGM (you can also take a boat to both parks).

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Definatly worth the extra money. We visited Boardwalk last week and I loved it! I would LOVE to stay there! (But Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht and Beach Club, and Polynesian are on my list first...)

Upvote 0

Erika

DO IT!

I've visited the Boardwalk and it was just beautiful. Unfortunately we did not have the means to stay there. If I were you I could not pass this up.

Upvote 0

barnum42

It's certainly a much nicer place. All depends on how easy an extra $350 comes to you, or whether you'd rather spend that $350 on grub and gifts in the parks rather than where you sleep.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hands down yes. Boardwalk has probably the best location of any resort on property. (Walking distance form MGM and EPCOT.) Not to mention with a studio you will have a mini kitchen and could easily save the $350 by buying some groceries and eating breakfast in the room.

Upvote 0

Edeyore

Is it worth it?

Take time to determine how much time you really think you will spend in the room. I have stayed at the Polynesian and at the All Star Sport, (opposite ends of the spectrum.), but I found that we actually spent very little time in
the room. It is a more expensive room for a reason though, and you are closer
to some attractions. So, go for the bigger room and cooking in or take the
smaller room and have a couple of nice dinners.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

Gail Hayden said:
Hands down I would spend the 350.00 more for the studio. Much more room, a toaster, fridge and microwave. You can save a significant amount of money by just eating breakfast in the unit. In fact, if you crunch the numbers of renting a fridge and eating out, you might find that it is a wash or maybe you might come out ahead and the BWV's are within walking distance to Epcot and MGM (you can also take a boat to both parks).

I again agree with Gail. For $50/nt, you're going to get a huge upgrade. The entire Boardwalk area is my favorite in all of WDW.

Upvote 0

Disneytripper

Same vote here. My wife, son and I stayed at Pop Century the last two times we went. It really wasn't bad at all; quite comfortable for the price despite the crowds. But my wife got the grand idea of looking into the DVC (God bless her) and, now while I type this, I'm within 3 weeks of a great trip with a villa at the Boardwalk waiting on me. I am already excited. As good as Pop was, I'll probably never stay there again after I sample the Boardwalk!

Disneytripper

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Generally speaking, yes. For all the above reasons.
And if you wind up even spending one day-ONE AFTERNOON-winding down from all the activity, you'll be much MUCH happier that you chose Boardwalk

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom