Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
How bizarre? Why are you using two accounts? You're that squidward guy. As if, your ranting and raving under that name wasn't enough. You log into a second name to say the exact same thing, which is basically NOTHING. And, then you went back and even liked your own post. Yikes! LOL. It's not that serious.

Ewww. I'm totally creeped out.

I don't know what it is. But, whenever you're around me, strange things are sure to happen. Like above. LOL. This means it's time for us to bounce.
If Steve wishes me to leave, he'I'll not be reluctant to say so. Until then, I'll continue to let people know your true motives....

Siren

If Steve wishes me to leave, he'I'll not be reluctant to say so. Until then, I'll continue to let people know your true motives....
No. That's not what I meant, at all. I always forget that you speak a different English than I do. I mean, that it's time for me to leave this discussion. Of course, you can stay and warn people of my "true" motives, but I will not be around for it.

EOD K9

So you are saying the parks are lacking a place to sit down, pull stuff out, and maybe just decompress for a short bit? Don't you think such needs apply to all?

Ironic given the park has gone through such efforts to remove seating around the park..

But for your needs, wouldn't the d-zone setup, like the one there in the circus area suffice?
I never said the parks lack a place to sit. I also said swap stuff out, as in leave a cache of supplies, which I realize can be done with lockers. I also never said I was going to do it, but I can understand why people would want to.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I never said the parks lack a place to sit

Didn't say you did. I made the statement :) The lack of places to get off your feet (aka benches) is fact.

I also said swap stuff out, as in leave a cache of supplies, which I realize can be done with lockers.

I read it to mean 'expand and exchange' between your army of strollers :) Somewhere you could pull things out and reorg between the group without being crowded for feel like you were doing it on the side of the highway :)

My point is Disney could take these d-zone concepts and expand them. Look at how people praise these temp lounges like the current one at Imagination. It's because people do like this idea of taking a breather and being able to take a seat and maybe decompress a bit. It's something Disney should be looking at solving for the parks as a whole - not simply turning into a monetized offering for those willing to pay their way past Disney's shortcomings.

Doing things at volume is the hard part -- it's also what made Disney a leader in the industry in the past.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No. That's not what I meant, at all. I always forget that you speak a different English than I do. I mean, that it's time for me to leave this discussion. Of course, you can stay and warn people of my "true" motives, but I will not be around for it.
Well, not many speak the corporate b#ll#cks you do....

Luxe

Please explain why anybody who appreciates Walt Disney World accepts these tents in the theme parks.

Then explain what idiot in TDO approved the idea.
If it doesn't impact my vacation directly, why should I care?

Did reading that make you as mad as I was writing it?

Siren

Well, not many speak the corporate b#ll#cks you do....
LOL. My business acumen is razor sharp , it's intrinsic, like a sixth sense. And, I am not apologizing for it.

And clearly, you must speak my language. LOL.

OMG. Lets just end this on a good note.

Please explain why anybody who appreciates Walt Disney World accepts these tents in the theme parks.

Then explain what idiot in TDO approved the idea.
LOL. You complain about the tents, Avatarland, Toy Storyland, Rivers of Light, Disney Springs, etc. Where does it end? When is it time to move on?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
LOL. My business acumen is razor sharp , it's intrinsic, like a sixth sense. And, I am not apologizing for it.

And clearly, you must speak my language. LOL.

OMG. Lets just end this on a good note.

LOL. You complain about the tents, Avatarland, Toy Storyland, Rivers of Light, Disney Springs, etc. Where does it end? When is it time to move on?
Or not. But it's your OT shift....

Last edited:

note2001

Have they installed porta-potties in these tents yet, or do the rich have to rub elbows with the common folk in the Space Mountain bathrooms?

Luxe

Probably when they start making proper decisions rather than knee jerk reactions. Active vs reactive.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You would have thrown something at them in the original one. "Just iron my shirts dear..."

This guy must be a fan of the original CoP..

iron.jpg

ULPO46

If it doesn't impact my vacation directly, why should I care?

Did reading that make you as mad as I was writing it?
The idiot was an intern who thought it was a great way for people to have a personal experience while in the park. These are going to be a test run. If they work there will be a more permanent A/C cooled area. They will be both hidden away from view and some themed to the land which they are within.

Goofyernmost

Or not. But it's your OT shift....
You know, I should stay out of this, but, it is getting so old that something needs to be said. This constant implication that Siren is a WDW employee, is so completely irrelevant and really nothing more then a diversionary statement to avoid justifying your own stand. The OT comment was cute, but, seriously unfunny and useless. A person, employee or not, has a right to their opinion and the right to comment on stuff that is equally over the top except in the other direction. They could start arguing your points by saying that you need to hurry before you're late for your shift at Universal. Two can play those games. It is childish and as insulting as perhaps saying that you need to get to the Dumpster behind IHop before all the good stuff is gone and you have to miss breakfast.

It is impossible to have adult discussions with factual interchange if not everyone is an adult. Why not try taking the high road or just not responding. Remember it is better to remain quiet and be thought the fool then to speak out and erase all doubt.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Disney World is not some rite of passage, it is a luxury vacation destination. So, this whole "value" argument is laughable at best.

You are griping over a random $700 tent that you don't have to rent -- on a vacation that averages $7000+. It doesn't make sense to me.
Your employer is engaging in a form of Hegelian Dialectic. I am sure it was not covered in the " social media advocacy" pamphlet you were given on your first day, so Ill explain it on a third grade comprehension level. Disney created a problem (remove park benches and seating areas with shade), only so they could offer a solution (charge $700 to sit in the shade).

If executed properly, the target, (Disney World guests in this case), will be thankful for the "resolution" that is offered by the very same people who created the "conflict" that started it all. I would have thought your "razor sharp, sixth sense, I see dead people business acumen", would be knowledgeable of such practices, but I digress.

Goofyernmost

Your employer is engaging in a form of Hegelian Dialectic. I am sure it was not covered in the " social media advocacy" pamphlet you were given on your first day, so Ill explain it on a third grade comprehension level. Disney created a problem (remove park benches and seating areas with shade), only so they could offer a solution (charge $700 to sit in the shade).

If executed properly, the target, (Disney World guests in this case), will be thankful for the "resolution" that is offered by the very same people who created the "conflict" that started it all. I would have thought your "razor sharp, sixth sense, I see dead people business acumen", would be knowledgeable of such practices, but I digress.
There are hundreds of other options. There are walls, there are curbs, there are rides and attractions, there are all kinds of places to sit, if that is your need. I've never had a problem finding someplace. If sitting on your butt is your primary objective of a visit to a theme park, perhaps staying at home and watching a You Tube of attractions would be more appealing. Those two things are only slightly connected, but, not directly connected. The cabanas are simply a way of sucking more cash out of people with more money then common sense. Let's keep the drama out of it. Just like going to WDW to begin with, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to force them to go or to rent a ridiculously useless cabana. I can see it starting out as interesting, but, so many factors are going to enter into it that before to long it will be in the same place as the Spectromagic Parade. The climate, the logistics, the cost with no real return will do them in eventually. Some will try it, some will even like it, but, will there be enough. Time will tell, but, I'd like to see the enthusiasm right after the first sideways down-pouring rain comes flashing through the park. Or even if they are still there shortly after that.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You know, I should stay out of this, but, it is getting so old that something needs to be said. This constant implication that Siren is a WDW employee, is so completely irrelevant and really nothing more then a diversionary statement to avoid justifying your own stand. The OT comment was cute, but, seriously unfunny and useless. A person, employee or not, has a right to their opinion and the right to comment on stuff that is equally over the top except in the other direction. They could start arguing your points by saying that you need to hurry before you're late for your shift at Universal. Two can play those games. It is childish and as insulting as perhaps saying that you need to get to the Dumpster behind IHop before all the good stuff is gone and you have to miss breakfast.

It is impossible to have adult discussions with factual interchange if not everyone is an adult. Why not try taking the high road or just not responding. Remember it is better to remain quiet and be thought the fool then to speak out and erase all doubt.
And where did I say they didn't have the right to respond? And quite frankly, you've not been bashful about making comments where they weren't necessarily welcome either.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
There are hundreds of other options. There are walls, there are curbs, there are rides and attractions, there are all kinds of places to sit, if that is your need
Yes, because a parent with two children and a stroller will feel extremely comfortable posting up against a wall like youth's at a 1980's 7-Eleven. And those curbs in MK most certainly trump the comfort of a bench under a tree.

The cabanas are simply a way of sucking more cash out of people with more money then common sense. Let's keep the drama out of it. Just like going to WDW to begin with, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head to force them to go or to rent a ridiculously useless cabana. I can see it starting out as interesting, but, so many factors are going to enter into it that before to long it will be in the same place as the Spectromagic Parade. The climate, the logistics, the cost with no real return will do them in eventually. Some will try it, some will even like it, but, will there be enough. Time will tell, but, I'd like to see the enthusiasm right after the first sideways down-pouring rain comes flashing through the park. Or even if they are still there at that shortly after that.
The success or failure of this endeavor does not negate nor excuse what is at its core. The ideology at work has no place in a theme park,... Or at least in a theme park operated by people who actually care about their guests experience.

jakeman

Yes, because a parent with two children and a stroller will feel extremely comfortable posting up against a wall like youth's at a 1980's 7-Eleven. And those curbs in MK most certainly trump the comfort of a bench under a tree.

The success or failure of this endeavor does not negate nor excuse what is at its core. The ideology at work has no place in a theme park,... Or at least in a theme park operated by people who actually care about their guests experience.
This is pure paranoia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom