Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

BrerJon

But those were set up for indoor plumbing which would not be theme well with the way TDO now envisions Tomorrowland

Having to leave the house and go outside to find a bathroom is very much in the theme of Tomorrowland... or to be specific, the first scene of that Tomorrowland attraction The Carousel of Progress.

W
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...-magic-kingdom-cabana-700-20161123-story.html
"What you can buy for $700 instead of a Magic Kingdom cabana"
Way to go, Orlando Sentinel.
(edit) If you can't view the link, here is what is listed:
  • One night at the Bay Lake Towers, with a 'Theme Park View'- $604.17
  • Seven individuals could participate in the Keys to the Kingdom tour, that runs at $99 per person
  • Four people could dine at Victoria & Albert's for $740
  • You could visit the Senses Day Spa and receive the Berry Bliss Facial ($145), the Rose Renewal Facial ($150), the Senses Signature Facial ($235) and the Refined Gentlemen's Facial ($135) and toss in two spray tans ($55 each) for a total of $635
  • Rent a holiday sleigh at Fort Wilderness for $79. Do it for eight days.
  • The Disney Platinum Plus Pass, which currently gets you 13 months of theme parking for the price of 12 without blockout dates, is listed for $729
  • At SeaWorld Orlando, two people can sign up for a Private VIP Tour for just under $600. They'll get a walking guided tour, feed sea lions, eat at Sharks (the restaurant, not the sea life) and have SeaWorld admission plus other extras
  • At Universal Orlando, Halloween Horror Nights devotees this year could buy the Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass with Express for $599. That got them front-of-line access to the haunted houses and admission for all of the 31-date event
  • Universal-goers could get a three-day ticket with park-to-park-to-park powers for Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and the under-construction Volcano Bay water park for $295 apiece, meaning a couple would pay $590.
  • 164 Mickey Bars- $700
What about a three night cruise with Disney to the Bahamas for two?

JohnD

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...-magic-kingdom-cabana-700-20161123-story.html
  • Seven individuals could participate in the Keys to the Kingdom tour, that runs at $99 per person
  • You could visit the Senses Day Spa and receive the Berry Bliss Facial ($145), the Rose Renewal Facial ($150), the Senses Signature Facial ($235) and the Refined Gentlemen's Facial ($135) and toss in two spray tans ($55 each) for a total of $635
  • The Disney Platinum Plus Pass, which currently gets you 13 months of theme parking for the price of 12 without blockout dates, is listed for $729
  • At SeaWorld Orlando, two people can sign up for a Private VIP Tour for just under $600. They'll get a walking guided tour, feed sea lions, eat at Sharks (the restaurant, not the sea life) and have SeaWorld admission plus other extras
  • At Universal Orlando, Halloween Horror Nights devotees this year could buy the Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass with Express for $599. That got them front-of-line access to the haunted houses and admission for all of the 31-date event
  • Universal-goers could get a three-day ticket with park-to-park-to-park powers for Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and the under-construction Volcano Bay water park for $295 apiece, meaning a couple would pay $590.
  • 164 Mickey Bars- $700

Wow a Cabana for one day in MK or a Platinum Plus pass for 13 months which gets you admission to all 4 parks, both water parks, ESPN WWOS complex, and Oak Trail Golf Course with no blockout dates; free PhotoPass, 20% off merchandise and select dining, and free parking. Hmm. Let me think about that one.

Last edited:

EOD K9

Wow a Cabana for one day in MK or a Platinum Plus pass for 13 months which gets you admission to all 4 parks, both water parks, ESPN WWOS complex, and Oak Trail Golf Course with no blockout dates; free PhotoPass, 20% off merchandise and select dining, and free parking. Hmm. Let me think about that one.
You should, because if you choose the Platinum Pass, you cannot get a cabana. What is there to think about??
But really, I was there last week with a group of 13 adults and 5 kids (3 triplets(not mine) and 2 twins (mine). The cabana would be a good place to swap out supplies, take a few minutes off our feet, leave our stroller, and just chill for a minute. However, the tents' location is poorly executed. The pictures inside looked better than I thought. If they were out of sight, had HVAC, and were permanent, it would be something worth it to split with a large group. As it stands now, I'll just vacation the way we have without them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
  • 164 Mickey Bars- $700

The cabanas are not for people who have to make a choice between cabanas or something else. They are for people who can afford the cabanas and everything else.

JohnD

You should, because if you choose the Platinum Pass, you cannot get a cabana. What is there to think about??
But really, I was there last week with a group of 13 adults and 5 kids (3 triplets(not mine) and 2 twins (mine). The cabana would be a good place to swap out supplies, take a few minutes off our feet, leave our stroller, and just chill for a minute. However, the tents' location is poorly executed. The pictures inside looked better than I thought. If they were out of sight, had HVAC, and were permanent, it would be something worth it to split with a large group. As it stands now, I'll just vacation the way we have without them.

You're right. The cabanas should be in the hub. Easy access to all lands. What were they thinking???

Siren

Never said TWDC was being greedy. Tacky, yes.

And I'm sure your CM discount will come in handy with the price tag on that canopy....
2j1a2rm.jpg

You are just too funny! It does look like a canopy, though -- and, a really ugly one at that. But, the inside looks nice. Ugh, stop raining on my parade let me enjoy my tacky tent. LOL.

And like, why would I need a discount when I've got you? DUH. I'll just use your CM discount.
2wrlr2x.jpg

25jcvah.jpg

These are tucked away behind the bushes, you can tell by the pictures that most people don't even notice them.

#ImWithTent2016

#maketentsgreatagain ;)

I also agree with this #TENT2016

@Nate @Mr Ferret 88 -- You guys are so hilarious! I cannot stop laughing at this. This is exactly what this thread needs. LOL.

ProjectXBlog

Uh-oh, the resident SJW was triggered by CoP. Maybe the cabanas have safe spaces and play dough.
uh, CoP WAS sexist as hell when it opened. it's an accurate snapshot of a different era, and that era really didn't care for women.

but by all means, be a big baby on a disney world forum who takes other people to task over their feelings about a 20-minute spinning room with robots

Siren

I've considered this a lot over the length of this thread, and I think I can sum up my views simply.

I'm not averse to the idea of cabanas. But for $650 a day, ferchrissakes make them classy. These are not classy. These are gazebos.
LOL. I totally agree. The exterior is just unforgivable.

I have to agree... I don't mind the idea of cabanas at all..But not a tamporary tent...make a nice gazebo...the prices they are charging for one is more expensive than a suite at the Waldorf...Surely they can afford to make some lovely cabanas with decent amanities for that price....without destrying the ambience of the park...if it's in Tmorrowland, make it a sort of take off on a retro futurist hotel..a-la-jetsons...fun futuristic and relevant to theme... Maybe it's the Transit Hotel for Space Mountain intergalactic travelers...
OMG, @Bocabear! Those are such great ideas and I totally agree. Disney can do better. I would love for Disney to design a futuristic, stylish, contemporary, minimalist cabana that will compliment Space Mountain and Tomorrowland's landscape. So hopefully, this is just a test version or something. Here are examples of cabanas with clean, simple lines that compliment Space Mountain.

fvio39.jpg

I totally love the roof on this one.

2823ok8.png

This one, too. I like the circular design on top. Disney could do something special with this, like give it a Space Mountain style roof.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The cabana would be a good place to swap out supplies, take a few minutes off our feet, leave our stroller, and just chill for a minute

So you are saying the parks are lacking a place to sit down, pull stuff out, and maybe just decompress for a short bit? Don't you think such needs apply to all?

Ironic given the park has gone through such efforts to remove seating around the park..

But for your needs, wouldn't the d-zone setup, like the one there in the circus area suffice?

Siren

In fact it's hurting everyone, because the company is not solving the actual issues, but instead giving a few a way to buy their way out of the problem.... while the 99% still suffer through the original issue.

Study the phrase "everyone is a Vip"...

Disney didn't get to be who they were because they had creative sales offerings...
LOL. People on a 10K+ vacation at Disney World are not "suffering."

By your poor logic, I suppose Delta should totally forgo its Private Jets and First Class/One categories and only sell economy class. Or, why should people fly Delta at all? We should all be flying on Spirit or taking Amtrak.

And, lets just get rid of the entire luxury market altogether and just shop at Walmart.

Why go to Disney World at all? When we can take that money and donate it to better causes.

It's just astounding, how people associate Disney with being a charity. LOL.

Disney World is not some rite of passage, it is a luxury vacation destination. So, this whole "value" argument is laughable at best.

You are griping over a random $700 tent that you don't have to rent -- on a vacation that averages $7000+. It doesn't make sense to me.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
2j1a2rm.jpg

You are just too funny! It does look like a canopy, though -- and, a really ugly one at that. But, the inside looks nice. Ugh, stop raining on my parade let me enjoy my tacky tent. LOL.

And like, why would I need a discount when I've got you? DUH. I'll just use your CM discount.
2wrlr2x.jpg

25jcvah.jpg

These are tucked away behind the bushes, you can tell by the pictures that most people don't even notice them.

@Nate @Mr Ferret 88 -- You guys are so hilarious! I cannot stop laughing at this. This is exactly what this thread needs. LOL.
"Most people." Wishful thinking or the latest TWDC line?

And don't project; it's not your fault when OT hours are reduced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom