Is There ANYTHING you Just Don't Like About Disney?

nngrendel

I wouldn't dare go to WDW at Christmas-time for 2 reasons: 1. Too crowded. 2. It's another pagan holiday I won't have anything to do with.

Even Disney realizes they cant make everyone happy all the time.

Although I posted earlier that I dislike parents who refuse to "Parent" their kids it doesn't ruin my visit. There is nothing that's going to make me HATE to visit Disney World.

nngrendel

I'm totally with you. I've seen people saying things and giving dirty looks. I've been terrified to get one up until this year. I'm going to try it this year. Last year I think I went on 2 rides and spent most of the time in the hotel. Someone on another thread suggested that I just say to them "have a magical day". I would GLADLY wait hours for a ride if I could go on more than one anyday.

There have been many threads about this issue which most become locked in a very short period of time. I think people get frustrated if they believe someone is taking advantage of using the benefits that someone disabled will receive. There are some that do take advantage of that. However I think that people shouldn't assume someone is taking advantage of that because they don't see any obvious evidence of someone being disabled.

I have a good friend who is a quadriplegic and he gets the looks and comments when he parks in a handicap space. Well that's until he gets out of his specially equipped car with his wheelchair. He is young so people think he is just taking advantage of having a handicap permit. When he is sitting in the car he doesn't appear to be disabled at all.

ddbowdoin

There have been many threads about this issue which most become locked in a very short period of time. I think people get frustrated if they believe someone is taking advantage of using the perks that someone disabled will receive. There are some that do take advantage of that. However I think that people shouldn't assume someone is taking advantage of that because they don't see any obvious evidence of someone being disabled.

I have a good friend who is a quadriplegic and he gets the looks and comments when he parks in a handicap space. Well that's until he gets out of his specially equipped car with his wheelchair. He is young so people think he is just taking advantage of having a handicap permit. When he is sitting in the car he doesn't appear to be disabled at all.

at no point should a thread ever be locked... it's censorship and is sad

disneymom is extremely quick on locking threads, and of course my PM's went unanswered...

typical

Annielkd

why would you thank someone who spares you but strickens another?

I still Thank God for everything I do have. I might not be able to physically do what others can do... but, I have a loving husband, a beautiful boy... and enough money to be able to go on a vacation every year. I'm lucky!

copcarguyp71

With all due respect to everyone's religious views and opinions can we please get back to the constructive discussion that the thread was meant in before the lock happens.

I understand that the topic of religion evokes strong feelings but you all have to know where this is headed. If you want to discuss it do so in PM's if you feel the need. I have a feeling this will go unheeded but wanted to try and keep this topic open for discussion if we can.

With all due respect to everyone's religious views and opinions can we please get back to the constructive discussion that the thread was meant in before the lock happens.

I understand that the topic of religion evokes strong feelings but you all have to know where this is headed. If you want to discuss it do so in PM's if you feel the need. I have a feeling this will go unheeded but wanted to try and keep this topic open for discussion if we can.

Yeah, c'mon!
Leave Jeebus outta this :lol:

Kramerica

No, and I never will. Pagan holidays aren't for me.

Well I can see why you're upset then. But there's a reason why they need to make people that haven't payed leave. When you pay for that ticket, you're paying for the Halloween parade, the lower crowds, the atmosphere, the fireworks. The things that if you still were able to hang out, you could enjoy for free. Making Disney spend all that money for nothing in return

Yodadudeman

Well I dont know about you guys but I can't stand that Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama... It just looks like a giant state fair. I love Disney, and will continue to visit as often as I can, but this section is just a fail for me. It seems so out of place with everything else in the park.

Stellajack

Nope, nothing I don't like a about Disney.

BTW, if I am the person who is slowly walking down the middle of Main Street, keeping you from getting to your destination, please forgive me! Occasionally I "look off" and lose myself in the magic.:dazzle:

ddbowdoin

ah yes, conversations and topics do EVOLVE... get it haha :ROFLOL:

Because you are blessed in the respect to have mobility which others would like to have but don't

Because without him none of us would be here to write our thoughts and opinions about Disney or anything else.

(facepalm)... hence why America is a scientific and mathematically illiterate nation

Powerline

You do know that these religious posts are just inside jobs so we take our minds of being disgruntled about something with glorious Disney World.

ddbowdoin

You do know that these religious posts are just inside jobs so we take our minds of being disgruntled about something with glorious Disney World.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

excellent post!

I'm sure someone is reading this, hands crossed, with a maniacal laugh... yes! off topic!

Stellajack

Hey wait, where did everybody go? :confused: Come back! Keep the thread going! Let's talk about Disney and what we enjoy and don't enjoy. It's what bonds us! (You can jump over the interpersonal conflict posts.

I'm going in 9 days with my husband, 84 yr old mother and 59 yo brother who is disabled. It will probably be the only trip I will ever make with them to Disneyworld and probably the last trip anywhere with the two of them together. DH and I are looking forward to getting lots of pictures with the two of them. So...give us more suggestions about what to avoid and what to do.

DisneyJunkie

Well I can see why you're upset then. But there's a reason why they need to make people that haven't payed leave. When you pay for that ticket, you're paying for the Halloween parade, the lower crowds, the atmosphere, the fireworks. The things that if you still were able to hang out, you could enjoy for free. Making Disney spend all that money for nothing in return

I disagree. My money has gone towards purchasing tickets that allow access to all parks throughout my vacation. (That also goes for the hundreds or thousands of other people vacationing in WDW at the same time who also don't do the Halloween stuff.) So despite not having a ticket to the Halloween show, I still have paid for my entrance to the Magic Kingdom. For them to push out people earlier than they need to so those who wish to participate in wearing their costumes and having their own fun is unnecessary and definitely not appreciated.

steamboat wil

Sorry to bring up a sore subject. But other guests treatment of GAC users is the thing I hate about Disney world. I guess I also hate the current state of future world and primeval whirl. Other than that I'm good.

rodserling27

I wouldn't dare go to WDW at Christmas-time for 2 reasons: 1. Too crowded. 2. It's another pagan holiday I won't have anything to do with.

Wait, wait, Time-out. I understand why you would be against Halloween...but Christmas is a pagan Holiday? You do know that the early Church founded the feast of Christmas to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, widely regarded by many to be GOD...so how is this pagan??? Are you referring to Santa Claus? Because he's the modern equivalent of St. Nicolas, yet another religious figure... Christians all over the world celebrate Christ's birth by giving presents to each other...how is this pagan??? I'm so confused!! :shrug:

Back to Disney...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom