Is there anything in WDW you just never get around to?

David

I've never done:

Flights of Wonder
Triceratops Spin

Until a couple of weeks ago, had never done Country Bears.

mousebymarriage

We have been to Disney so many times but, I just never get around to:

-Tom Sawyer Island
-Astro orbiter
-Disney Quest

Maybe I'll remember to check those out during our trip in Feb.

Disney4Eva

Lately it's been Test Track. Fun ride n' all, but the line has always been at least 90 minutes every time we've passed it during the last couple of years, even on lighter days.

Buried20KLeague

Fun thread topic!

And after REALLY thinking about it, there doesn't feel like much we've missed, which is really cool. Here's our list:

Jelly Roll's
Movies in France and China
Never played golf at all while there
Never rented one of those little SeaRaycers (but want to)
Never done a tour (because of the little ones)
La Nouba

disney magic 06

We made a point of doing most of the things we normally skip on our last visit: Tom Sawyer's Island (waste of time), Carousel of Progress (better than expected), Disney Quest (excellent if the weather hadn't been so glorious), Stitch's Great Escape (yuk), astro orbiter (loved it) and Enchanted Tiki Rooms (truly poor). All we are left with now is:

Leave WDW and actually see some of the 'outside' attractions! :lol:

djpoore94

Ice cream at Beaches & Cream and mini golf are the two things I keep saying we're going to do and never seem to make it!

wdwmomof3

There are a few things that I keep saying that we will do but I have somehow manages to skip. They are visiting the water parks, The kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream, astro orbiter, the film in Canada, spending more time in the shops in the world Showcase, seeing more of the entertainment like the bands & such and the main one, trying the Beverly. I can't believe I forgot about it again. lol

That said, I was able to mark off some other things that would have been on this list on our last trip. It feels good when you finally see something that you missed, and even better if you really love it. :)

MarkTwain

Seeing other people's posts makes me proud to have played every round of mini-golf at WDW. :king:

But other than that, we've never done any of the other recreational activities at WDW. No golf, no watercraft, no hot-air balloon, nada. We're more of the traditional park-going types, I suppose (except for mini-golf).

That said, the Fairway course at Fantasia Gardens, which is supposedly the most challenging mini-golf course in the world, took my family of 4 over 2 hours - and I was completely burned out by the 12th hole. This makes me think that I don't have the patience for "real" golf. :lol:

Other than that, there are places here and there I've never done, and in many cases really have no desire to do. Enchanted Tiki Room UNM, Indy Speedway, Rock'n'Roller Coaster (not a coaster fan), Tower of Terror (not a drop fan either :p), and eating at a number of restaurants around the World (this is the one I would most like to change).

MarkTwain

... And I really must recommend Mini-Golf to anyone who hasn't done it! Fantasia Gardens (but not the Fairways), and either of the two in Winter Summerland (they're pretty much the same) are my favorites.

NewfieFan

You HAVE to hit the America Pavillion the American Adventure is one of the best shows I've seen on property it's inspiring and has the good classic Walt Disney feel to it!

If you have time Beauty and the Beast is worth while too especially for the kids.

I know! All of those things are on my list to do in March... and more!

DrummerAlly

Aaah so many things it seems like...

Flights of Wonder
The Finding Nemo Show in AK
Tom Sawyers Island
What feels like most of Fantasy Land - Pooh, Snow White, Dumbo
Universe of Energy
Pretty much every sit down restaurant in WDW
Any recreation items, mini golf, tours, etc.
Disney Quest & all of Downtown Disney
Lights Motor Action show in DHS & probably a few other shows in DHS

My goal for our next trip is to try some of the things that we always seem to run past and hit as many of the "still left to see" attractions on the list.

_Scar

There's a few for me:

-TSI (!)
- Characters in Flight
- Animation Building
- CoP
- never ate in a park table service restaurant yet- or even a hotel table service. :/
- Shark Reef

NiarrNDisney

Here are mine:

_MK_

Country Bear Jamboree
Goofy's Barnstormer
Jugle Cruise
Peter Pans Flight
Tom Sawyer Island

_Epcot_

Innoventions
Reflections of China
Soarin (never again will I wait longer than an hr.)

_DHS_

Indiana Jones (would love to see it)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (would love to see it)

_DAK_

Festival of the Lion King (would love to see it)
Flights of Wonder
Pangani Forest

_Around the World_

A ride on the monorail to Epcot
Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf
JellyRolls

bigorangeandy

I would like to see the new Canada film, along with the films from China, and France. Every time we are at EPCOT no one what to go to see the films. I keep wanting to ride astro orbiter again, but the lines in the sun are too long for me. The nice thing about not doing everything is that its a great excuse for making another trip.

richiericher22

Fantasmic, I saw it once when I was younger, but every trip we made to DHS when we went on vacation to WDW, it would get rained out. Every trip to DHS it would rain.

Walt Disney1955

I have never gone on the Liberty Belle Riverboats. I assume people have here? Do you need a special pass or just get in the normal line up?

I am going in March and I plan on hitting Typhoon Lagoon. I have never done the water parks.

For whatever reason I never have done Donald's Fiesta Boat ride or whatever it is, in Epcot in the Mexico section. Don't know why. Someone once said it is similar to Small World?

Susan Savia

We never get around to the movies in the World Showcase, Fantasmic, MK train, Illuminations (usually too cold or too tired by that time), or Country Bear Jamboree...to name a few.

MarkTwain

I have never gone on the Liberty Belle Riverboats. I assume people have here? Do you need a special pass or just get in the normal line up?

I am going in March and I plan on hitting Typhoon Lagoon. I have never done the water parks.

For whatever reason I never have done Donald's Fiesta Boat ride or whatever it is, in Epcot in the Mexico section. Don't know why. Someone once said it is similar to Small World?

The Liberty Belle is wonderful, and probably my favorite non-E-ticket ride. It's so relaxing, and makes a great break from the crowds and bustle of the Magic Kingdom. I highly recommend you ride it. Usually, the only wait is for the boat to come back around, which is 20 minutes tops, because the boat can hold just about any number of people who line up for it.

As for Mexico, it's also a can't miss for my family, if only because it's so convenient. :D Only one room resembles Small World... the rest actually reminds me more of Pirates, albeit a comical and musical one featuring video screens and the Three Caballeros. The beginning in particular, where you sail past the giant temple and San Angel Inn restaurant, is very reminiscent of the Blue Bayou scene of the Pirates ride in Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom