Is there an Underground Tunnel System

Slipknot

disnyfan89 said:
there not underground! There the first floor. You can't dig in florida you silly
:p

To the average tourist they are... And yeah. Try and dig a hole in Florida and you hit ground watter not even a foot deep.

And, oy, my editor mom is rubbing off on me. It is spelled they're.

BwanaBob

Static-X said:
To the average tourist they are... And yeah. Try and dig a hole in Florida and you hit ground watter not even a foot deep.

And, oy, my editor mom is rubbing off on me. It is spelled they're.
I'm afraid she missed that funny liquid in your post! :rolleyes:

DisneyFratboy

Correction on epcot tunnel

Lee said:
Nope.
Well, there is a very short one at Epcot, but nothing on the scale of MK.

I found one photo pretty quickly, so here you go. It's from the 70's, but it all looks pretty much the same.
The tunnel system at epcot actually runs completely under both Innoventions buildings, including under mouse gear, and under under ice station cool, it is actually a very long walk, in fact very comparable to longer distances at MK (well probably only if you got lost) so yeah all the way to the end under ice station cool, from the mouth of the tunnel on the side of Universe of energy is indeed a very long tunnl.

Captain Hank

For anyone wrestling with the logic of the tunnels being the first floor, the utilidoors were built first, then buried, then the Magic Kingdom park that we all know and love was built on top of them. Their purpose is to hide the movements of cast members, characters, merchandise, etc. from the vision of the guests. Pretty much everything that you don't need to see as a guest is going on beneath your feet.

WDWKat26

You know, you can post up the pics and the maps, but until you're a CM and you really see the whole thing, one picture doesn't do the whole utilidors system justice. As we like to say, the utilidors are "The only basement you will find in Florida". As for those who think they can make it down there for a sneak peek, good luck, i'd love to see a guest try and either 1. Not get lost or 2. Get caught by a manager. Yes the Utilidors are cool, yes they are under the whole park and yes there is a tour for them, but until you're a real CM you won't really see much at all. Besides, there's nothing fancy about the whole thing, there's just a lot of people walking, lotsa dumpsters and trash stuff and power generators and all that fun stuff. BTW: The Utilidors are considered the basement, you're on the first floor if you're walking around the park that's why all of the stairs/elevators to our wonderful tunnel system go down.

WDWKat26 said:
The Utilidors are considered the basement, you're on the first floor if you're walking around the park that's why all of the stairs/elevators to our wonderful tunnel system go down.
Actually though, all of our elevators do have the tunnels numbered as floor 1 rather than B. Park level in all of the elevators is 2. Just getting technical. hehehe

Thelazer

Actully you bring up a good point. I beg to differ about being caught in the tunnels when your not supposed to be there. Have you had a look lately at some of the folks in the tunnels without an ID badage on??

Mark_E said:
I read somewhere that there it.
I dont think its true but could someone tell me if there is one and what its like

Here is the link - http://www.tycoonplanet.com/page.asp?page=others&other=secrets
Nothing secret about those tunnels. Noting amazing about them as well. They're just huge and they reek of something. Lots of moving around and they have thier own cafeteria and hair salon down there. Where are they? Well , they're for us to know and you to never find out. Just kidding, one day I'm sure you'll stumble across them.

Speaking of tunnels, mgm and animal kingdom don't have them. Also, has anyone actually toured all the utilidors completly? I mean, spent the whole day getting to know them?

v_misses_epcot said:
Nothing secret about those tunnels. Noting amazing about them as well. They're just huge and they reek of something. Lots of moving around and they have thier own cafeteria and hair salon down there. Where are they? Well , they're for us to know and you to never find out. Just kidding, one day I'm sure you'll stumble across them.

Speaking of tunnels, mgm and animal kingdom don't have them. Also, has anyone actually toured all the utilidors completly? I mean, spent the whole day getting to know them?
I think I have a pretty good exploration history. I think the only area that I am a bit unsure in is the Diamond Horseshoe area. Call me crazy, but I hardly am in that area of the tunnel. :)

SpenceMan01

Lee said:
Nope.
Well, there is a very short one at Epcot, but nothing on the scale of MK.

I found one photo pretty quickly, so here you go. It's from the 70's, but it all looks pretty much the same.
Anyone else notice the forklift parked in front of the sign that says NO PARKING?? :hammer: :p

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
disnyfan89 said:
there is no such thing as the the underground tunnels in the magickingdom! It is the biggest lie in Disney history.

Took the keys to the Kingdom tour. They are there and I was in them....

disnyfan89

hakunamatata said:
Took the keys to the Kingdom tour. They are there and I was in them....
Ya I took a tour and went in them to!!! The tunnels exist! It is the underground tunnels that dont exist

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
disnyfan89 said:
Ya I took a tour and went in them to!!! The tunnels exist! It is the underground tunnels that dont exist

If its because of high water tables that tunnels cant be built underground, would any one care to debate the existence of the channel tunnel. The utili tunnels are at ground level, but the castle silo equipment tunnels are definitely subterranean.

disnyfan89

Pumbas Nakasak said:
If its because of high water tables that tunnels cant be built underground, would any one care to debate the existence of the channel tunnel. The utili tunnels are at ground level, but the castle silo equipment tunnels are definitely subterranean.
:lol:

PhotoDave219

My only problem is getting from upstairs to downstairs. Unless im on main street, i generally cant find my way downstairs. However, i can find my way around the tunnels pretty welol. Although ive gotten lost many - many - a time.

Atta83

Once you get the feel for the tunnels you learn where exits lead to the park. Its pretty neat the first time, but after that its just like ...OK..cool...But I like them, nice place to get away and listen to music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom