Is there an Underground Tunnel System

I've been pretty much all the way through the tunnels and used most of the exits to get in to the park. I used to do it every morning before I went in to work, just to get a little exercise. Some places are more interesting than others, but it is mainly like someone else said... extra stock, garbage, packages to be taken elsewhere, costuming... Also on places such as Main Street U.S.A. there are offices on upper levels.

JoeyJoe

It's hard to get lost in them, they are basically a circle, with a long, straight tunnel under the castle.

And YES, they always smell like something. Usually garabage. There is also creative costuming, "the head room", Kingdom Kutters, Mickey's Mousketteria, even a small bank. Operations and deployment offices are down there. Also, all locker rooms and dressing rooms. The men's locker room is actually under the 20K lagoon, or what was the 20K lagoon.

tigger248

They also color code the walls and have little symbols letting you know what land you're in. That saved me many a time when I'd be in another land or running an errand or something. It is a giant circle, but it's easiest to know them because it makes for quicker travel time sometimes.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I dont know about the stairwells, most of them come up backstage. When we took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, I was very suprised at how open the access is to the back stage area. On one of the sidestreets on mainstreet there is a passage to backstage that is well hidden and only visible if you look at it from an angle.

nicholas

maxime29 said:
Are the stairwells "cleverly" concealed so the majority of guests walk by them without noticing anything?
I think most of them are behind gates/doors that have signs on them saying Cast Members Only. But since I'm not a CM, what do I know on the subject? :p

tigger248

maxime29 said:
Are the stairwells "cleverly" concealed so the majority of guests walk by them without noticing anything?

Yup, they're concealed pretty well. Some are behind doors saying "cast only", but some are behind doors, or walls, with no markings at all. Just sorta built into scenery and such. I know where many entrances are, but that's just because I was a cast memeber once. I wouldn't have known where most of them were if I hadn't have ever worked there.

wannabeBelle

I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour not too long ago and we went into the Utilidors. It was pretty neat to see. Most people are right about what is in them but I thought it was pretty cool how all that was built and then the park is 14 feet above that!!! Check out the tour sometime. I thought it was worth it!! Belle

mikeymouse

disnyfan89 said:
there is no such thing as the the underground tunnels in the magickingdom! It is the biggest lie in Disney history.
I've been in them! They do exist! I was under what was Mission to Mars the one time. You could see the entire ride system from underneath.

hakunamatata said:
Took the keys to the Kingdom tour. They are there and I was in them....
Read!! Obviously he's talking about how the tunnels are there but aren't "UNDERGROUND" as in they're covered by ground, dirt, you know. They're there and exsist yes, but they're on subland. You know, 1st floor = utilidors, 2nd = magic kingdom and 3= who knows what? castle or something like that. Anyhow, heh...hope noone responds to disneyfan anymore after this post.

disnyfan89

v_misses_epcot said:
Read!! Obviously he's talking about how the tunnels are there but aren't "UNDERGROUND" as in they're covered by ground, dirt, you know. They're there and excist yes, but they're on subland. You know, 1st floor = utilidors, 2nd = magic kingdom and 3= who knows what? castle or something like that. Anyhow, heh...hope noone responds to disneyfan anymore after this post.
thankyou :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

maxime29 said:
They are hid cleverly. Almost everybody who goes to MK will walk past two of them for sure! When you are walking through the Castle to get to Fantasyland, there is a door on your left (which is locked), which is a stairwell that leads right down to the tunnel and on the right is a door that leads to an elevator (if you have ever seen the characters coming up for the Castle sets, that's the elevator they use). Both doors are locked, so don't try to get in them. Just wanted to give everyone something to look at when they are MK next time!

TheDisneyGirl02

lildivaaa

disnyfan89 said:
there is no such thing as the the underground tunnels in the magickingdom! It is the biggest lie in Disney history.

Wow...are we bitter about something, disneyfan89? The fact remains....YES, there are tunnels underneath the Magic Kingdom for cast member usage. Like many others have said, they are called the Utilidors. Many areas for CM's to access such as daily costumes, training, breakrooms, etc. I have visited them myself on the "Keys to the Kingdom" Tour that Disney STILL gives on a regular basis and I've walked the entire length of the tunnels. If you don't believe me or anyone else here, why don't you take the tour and see for yourself?

MissM

I get the impression, lildivaaa, though I could be wrong, that they were attempting to make a bit of a joke that they're not actually underground. Because, they're not. They're ground-level. (Though of course, that just happens to be beneath the park level.) It did come off a bit odd - as if they were saying they didn't exist at all - but I don't believe that was the intent.

*shrugs*
-m

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
TheDisneyGirl02 said:
They are hid cleverly. Almost everybody who goes to MK will walk past two of them for sure! When you are walking through the Castle to get to Fantasyland, there is a door on your left (which is locked), which is a stairwell that leads right down to the tunnel and on the right is a door that leads to an elevator (if you have ever seen the characters coming up for the Castle sets, that's the elevator they use). Both doors are locked, so don't try to get in them. Just wanted to give everyone something to look at when they are MK next time!

TheDisneyGirl02

Wow, now that I know, I will have to put my Disney Visa to work and see if I can jimmy the lock and get in...... :D

lildivaaa said:
Wow...are we bitter about something, disneyfan89? The fact remains....YES, there are tunnels underneath the Magic Kingdom for cast member usage. Like many others have said, they are called the Utilidors. Many areas for CM's to access such as daily costumes, training, breakrooms, etc. I have visited them myself on the "Keys to the Kingdom" Tour that Disney STILL gives on a regular basis and I've walked the entire length of the tunnels. If you don't believe me or anyone else here, why don't you take the tour and see for yourself?
......................................................... :mad: :dazzle:

Goodness!! Don't you read post? I'm sure you skipped my rant about how disneyfan89 was saying that the tunnels aren't "LITERALLY UNDERGROUND~!!!!!!"

*sighs* Please go read my post and read the sentence he wrote more then once because in reality, the tunnels aren't "underground" they're SUBLEVELED!!! He knows they're there, I know they're there. EVERYONE KNOWS THEY'RE THERE. They're just not underground!!!

:hammer: :brick: :cry:

Sorry, I just have little patience sometimes with some people. So please forgive me if I went a little out of hand.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
i'm evil

lildivaaa,

obviously you're not getting what they're saying. It's ok though, I'm here to help.

I call this, Magic Kingdom Topography for Dummies

Attachments

• MK.GIF
    MK.GIF
    16.4 KB · Views: 153
mkt said:
lildivaaa,

obviously you're not getting what they're saying. It's ok though, I'm here to help.

I call this, Magic Kingdom Topography for Dummies

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: lmao!!!! I almost spit my drink out at the computer lab. *breathes* I HOPE THEY FINALLY GET IT!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom