Is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train a new "Mountain"?

kap91

Yes it's a mountain. Coaster that goes in and around a big rock. What else would you call it?

Granted it's more of a Mount Dora type mountain but it's mountain enough for Florida.

Captain Chaos

Expedition Everest and the Matterhorn don't have "mountain" in the title but they are still considered mountains.

Or are we only using MK in this example?
Well, first of all Everest is a REAL mountain, and considering Everest, in real life is called EVEREST and not EVEREST MOUNTAIN (though I have seen it called Mt. Everest), the fact the ride is based off the real mountain, it should be implied.... Second, the Matterhorn is a real mountain in Switzerland... Again, since the Matterhorn actually exists in the real world, it should be implied that it is a mountain... Third, the official name of Expedition Everest is Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden MOUNTAIN.. so there is that pesky word.. MOUNTAIN..

7D isn't based on any real life hill, mound, mountain, or place... And does not come close to looking like a mountain at all... Hill, mound... but not a mountain...

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Well, first of all Everest is a REAL mountain, and considering Everest, in real life is called EVEREST and not EVEREST MOUNTAIN, the fact the ride is based off the real mountain, it should be implied.... Second, the Matterhorn is a real mountain in Switzerland... Again, since the Matterhorn actually exists in the real world, it should be implied that it is a mountain... Third, the official name of Expedition Everest is Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden MOUNTAIN.. so there is that pesky word.. MOUNTAIN..

7D isn't based on any real life hill, mound, mountain, or place... And does not come close to looking like a mountain at all... Hill, mound... but not a mountain...
@Captain Chaos for the win!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
What's sad is the fans who have hyped it so much that even if they are unimpressed they would never admit it, not even to themselves. I'm not saying the ride will be unimpressive, they will like it, as will I, but they will never admit that it is NOT the "E ticket" they thought it would be, and that it should not be categorized as anything on the level of Splash Mountain or any other REAL mountain attraction or that Disney could have done waaaay better.

Last edited:

Macca250

The only aspect of this attraction that can be linked to the word 'mountain' is the mountainous pile of PR for it, that brings shame on even the most shameless corporate advertising entity; the 'Parks Blog' *shiver*

It's a great addition. Please don't make EVERYONE disappointed; don't incorporate the word 'mountain' into the mix - expectations are too high as it is. Mountain suggests something that the ride was never intended to be.

kap91

What's sad is that the fans have even hyped it so much that even if they are unimpressed they would never admit it, not even to themselves. I'm not saying the ride will be unimpressive, they will like it, as will I, but they will never admit that it is NOT the "E ticket" they thought it would be, and that it should not be categorized as anything on the level of Splash Mountain or any other REAL mountain attraction or that Disney could have done waaaay better.

Um have you been on these forums at all in the last 3 years? The only people that have been hyping the ride (excluding maybe one or two members) have been Disney themselves which I think is to be expected. Pretty much everyone else has been deriding it for pretty much every reason imaginable. Indeed I've never seen expectations so low.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Um have you been on these forums at all in the last 3 years? The only people that have been hyping the ride (excluding maybe one or two members) have been Disney themselves which I think is to be expected. Pretty much everyone else has been deriding it for pretty much every reason imaginable. Indeed I've never seen expectations so low.

Agreed that it's a small percentage on this particular forum. Visit a few other unofficial Disney fan sites or facebook, especially DPB, but that's because they moderate the pooh out of that forum. My post was in reference to the mindset of people who have hyped it beyond reprieve, not the volume of them.

Captain Chaos

What's sad is that the fans have even hyped it so much that even if they are unimpressed they would never admit it, not even to themselves. I'm not saying the ride will be unimpressive, they will like it, as will I, but they will never admit that it is NOT the "E ticket" they thought it would be, and that it should not be categorized as anything on the level of Splash Mountain or any other REAL mountain attraction or that Disney could have done waaaay better.
You mean like what will happen once Avatar/Pandora opens? All the naysayers and complainers will be in line on opening day, but then come here to bash it? LOL...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So what do we call it? Dwarf Mountain? Diamond Mountain? Mine Mountain? :rolleyes:
10300703_10202170901384260_4320628134302601926_n.jpg

gholcomb48

Third, the official name of Expedition Everest is Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden MOUNTAIN.. so there is that pesky word.. MOUNTAIN..

Not only in the name. The mountain the attraction takes place on is called Forbidden Mountain. None of the attraction is set on Mount Everest as it is the destination the train never reaches.

Reddog

Well, first of all Everest is a REAL mountain, and considering Everest, in real life is called EVEREST and not EVEREST MOUNTAIN (though I have seen it called Mt. Everest), the fact the ride is based off the real mountain, it should be implied.... Second, the Matterhorn is a real mountain in Switzerland... Again, since the Matterhorn actually exists in the real world, it should be implied that it is a mountain... Third, the official name of Expedition Everest is Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden MOUNTAIN.. so there is that pesky word.. MOUNTAIN..

I thought people were suggesting that it could only be a mountain if it had "mountain" in the name.

If you want to be technical. Expedition Everest doesn't take place on Everest. So the fact that Everest is a real mountain would be irrelevant. But you are correct. It does have Mountain in the name.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Expedition Everest and the Matterhorn don't have "mountain" in the title but they are still considered mountains.

Or are we only using MK in this example?
Everest is officially titled: Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain

tl77

If Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a mountain does that mean Be Our Guest Restaurant and the Little Mermaid ride are also mountains, because all 3 are the same height

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom