Is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train a new "Mountain"?

dstrawn9889

If Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a mountain does that mean Be Our Guest Restaurant and the Little Mermaid ride are also mountains, because all 3 are the same height
by that reasoning, everything in MK is the same height; >200 feet tall. (because nothing in the park has a red beacon light on top of it...)

kap91

Playing devils advocate here...

Fantasmic! Doesn't have mountain in the name nor is it even a ride but the mountain is commonly cited as the fourth tallest in Florida/Orlando. If that hump of concrete that only is presentable under the veil of darkness can be called a mountain than certainly the mine train can be.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Playing devils advocate here...

Fantasmic! Doesn't have mountain in the name nor is it even a ride but the mountain is commonly cited as the fourth tallest in Florida/Orlando. If that hump of concrete that only is presentable under the veil of darkness can be called a mountain than certainly the mine train can be.
I've never heard that one before - but there are so many Disney stats out there!

kap91

I've never heard that one before - but there are so many Disney stats out there!
Yep. Although I might have mistaken WDW for Orlando. Depends on the source. It's been a while since I've heard it come up, but then fun facts and secrets aren't quite the focus of this site anymore.

#4. http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Studios/Secrets/Fantasmic.html
3rd Interesting fact: http://allears.net/tp/mgm/m_fantasmic.htm
9th Tidbit: http://www.studioscentral.com/fantasmic-trivia
#6 http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida_guide/fantasmic-facts.aspx

Heck this site refers to the structure as a mountain
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasmic.htm

BOOM! I win. Lol

tl77

by that reasoning, everything in MK is the same height; >200 feet tall. (because nothing in the park has a red beacon light on top of it...)
I meant they are the same height (and are rock work structures that are made to look like mountains) but I assumed that second part was self evident

JimJam

Toy Story Midway Mountain
Lights! Motors! Mountain?
Mountstrom :rolleyes:
The Haunted Mountain.
The list goes on and on.....:D

jeff59rt

This is based off the 9th honorary dwarf "tiny" mountain.
If this is a mountain what is HARRY POTTER up the street a world ? Um yea.

NearTheEars

What's sad is the fans who have hyped it so much that even if they are unimpressed they would never admit it, not even to themselves. I'm not saying the ride will be unimpressive, they will like it, as will I, but they will never admit that it is NOT the "E ticket" they thought it would be, and that it should not be categorized as anything on the level of Splash Mountain or any other REAL mountain attraction or that Disney could have done waaaay better.

I think that goes both ways here. People express their dislike for things so much and so often, also before experiencing it that they would never admit to it actually impressing them.

That, I think is even more sad. Not even giving it a chance.

Me, I'll wait until I ride on June 1. And report back.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I think that goes both ways here. People express their dislike for things so much and so often, also before experiencing it that they would never admit to it actually impressing them.

That, I think is even more sad. Not even giving it a chance.

Me, I'll wait until I ride on June 1. And report back.

I don't think it goes both ways at all in this case. I haven't seen one post here that said it looked like a bad ride or it was horrible. All I have seen is people (myself included) calling it what it is, simply a fun coaster, not an E ticket, not a mountain, and that Disney is over hyping it.

95% of people here on wdwmagic already know this. My post was in regards to the poop you see on DPB or FB, Disney fanboi sites, Lou, twitter, etc.

DisneyOutsider

What does it matter what they call it? I don't think the designation of "mountain" is any indication of the quality of the ride. People seem to agree that BTMRR is a mountain, yet if it turns out that 7DMT isn't at least as impressive as BTMRR overall, I think we'd all agree that it's a disappointment. I don't see how you can fault Disney for pushing their product in this way.

Captain Chaos

What does it matter what they call it? I don't think the designation of "mountain" is any indication of the quality of the ride. People seem to agree that BTMRR is a mountain, yet if it turns out that 7DMT isn't at least as impressive as BTMRR overall, I think we'd all agree that it's a disappointment. I don't see how you can fault Disney for pushing their product in this way.
Wait what? I hope I am misunderstanding you here... But people agree that BTMRR is a mountain? Well duh... since the word MOUNTAIN is in the title of the attraction...Big Thunder MOUNTAIN Railroad....

NearTheEars

I don't think it goes both ways at all in this case. I haven't seen one post here that said it looked like a bad ride or it was horrible. All I have seen is people (myself included) calling it what it is, simply a fun coaster, not an E ticket, not a mountain, and that Disney is over hyping it.

95% of people here on wdwmagic already know this. My post was in regards to the poop you see on DPB or FB, Disney fanboi sites, Lou, twitter, etc.

I do agree that there has been remarkably less negative posts about SDMT.
In general here, though I think it can go both ways.
But I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even if they differ. I just wish it was possible for everyone to go in with an open mind. That's tough though, with all the video teases and press these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom