Is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train a new "Mountain"?

dstrawn9889

well it is impressively sized(pics notwithstanding), it blocks sightlines when you are at the base, so sure, you could class this as another mountain... as much as you can call a fluted concrete cylindrical cone a 'mountain'

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yes. Ive seen it grow in size over the last 6 or 7 trips. But look at the size of Splash or Space mtn. Those are worthy of "mountain" being in the title. They are very big. Imo it just doesn't feel like a mountain. More like a big hill. Disney is patting themselves on the back waaaay too much over this ride. I said it in another thread about how they can smell the desperation of fans to have something new and they are taking full advantage of it with this coaster. The whole "we are telling the story through the dwarfs eyes" is a load of horse sh*t. I'm not bashing the ride itself, just Disney media for putting so much lipstick on one pig. At four years in the making, I'm not impressed by a kiddie coaster with one cool scene. EPCOT was built in almost the same amount of time but they want me to be impressed with ONE scene on a mine train? And now they want to call it a mountain? I'm gonna ride it, give Disney a big kiss and then tell 'em DO BETTER!

Captain Chaos

Typical of Disney, making a mountain out of a molehill.. Hey, they said it is a mountain therefore it is... Lou M said so too... He even called it an E ticket, therefore it must be... it isn't an E ticket nor is it a mountain... it a D ticket inside a hill.. Stop hyping this thing to be bigger than it is...

dstrawn9889

well, if you took measurements from the foundations... :rolleyes: i mean splash starts on the second floor of WDW... and 7D starts on ground level?(never were any utilidoors under 20k)

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I said I wasn't going this year, Not ever again. We may do DL this summer or Uni instead. Last visit was in January, next visit is end of this year, technically about 2 weeks shy of a full year. Stalk much? Jk, you stalker! I joke I joke. Good memory though, @awilliams4.

Last edited:

Seabasealpha1

Eh...

Looking at the pictures...I don't see a "mountain"... I do see a lot of greenery and geological variety...boulders, yes, a big grassy hill, check, a waterfall, some carved out little mini canyons...lots of trees... Mountain? Nope.

Tall...yes. As tall as the other mountains listed above...NOT even close.

You could probably just as easily call it "Dwarf Falls" or "Dwarf Canyon" or "Dwarf Point" or any other thing relating to the scenery of the attraction... I don't recall the dwarfs cottage being butted up against a mountain anyway in the movie...(I could be wrong)...

It seems like a cool little ride that does a good deal more than the other kiddie coaster next door. I'm not gonna "female dog" about it because it seems nice enough and has a bit of heart to it...it's not a BAD addition to Fantasyland. Not in the least. They did take friggin' long enough to build it! That's true. (and laughable!)

And besides...now that New Fantasyland is done-ish we really get a clearer view as to how much of a crapfest Tomorrowland is now!

If you want my vote...

Perhaps as a slang term...Call it Dwarf Mountain. It's got several meanings depending on how invested you plan to get into Snarksville for the ride. NO, I don't feel it's a mountain. But it ain't the proverbial mole-hill either...and besides...what's in a name anyhow? ;)

("Soarin'!" Seriously?)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom