Is the Haunted Mansion actually haunted?

Pioneer Hall

There have always been rumors, but there is no way of proving it.

Some CM's swear they have seen ghosts, and so have some guests.

I guess we will never know.

Grim Grinner

The Haunted Mansion is NOT haunted. Nothing registers there, however certain parts of Tom Sawyer island, Tomorrowland Transit and Pirates do register something on my senses.

Don't laugh, when my folks and I were looking for a house, my Mom and I were able to tell which houses had... uh interesting pasts before the realtor divulged the info.

I'd be willing to walk around the HM in the dark. I cannot say the same for Tom Sawyer island. Can anyone find out if any accidents happened there?

It would be interesting if my foolproof senses worked despite the overpowering sense of Disney...

tenchu

I think doombuggies.com have some ghost stories for HM. Correct me if I'm wrong. I dunno about Tom Sawyers Island though, those rafts you go across on always look dodgy to me!

Pioneer Hall

Someone has died on HM. In the Madame Leota scene. He got out of the doom buggy and decided to go to the crystal ball but didn't know that there was a gap to the platform. He fell and died.

tenchu

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Someone has died on HM. In the Madame Leota scene. He got out of the doom buggy and decided to go to the crystal ball but didn't know that there was a gap to the platform. He fell and died.

Yep, I knew that one.

Sheri

As much as it would be cool for the Hm to actually and truley be haunted, I doubt it :(

lol, I would understand tom Sawyer Island though. Those little mine-lookin things there are soo freaky :(

Castle Cake Apologist

I can only think of one person who has died near TSI. There was a group of college kids there and they had had a few too many drinks so they stayed behind on the island after dark. Well, after the effects the alchohol wore off, they decided it was getting boring on the island, so they decided to swim back to the mainland. One of the guys kid brothers didn't know how to swim and he drowned. As for the TTA, that is the leading cause of deaths in the park. Because there are no restraints and all of those dark tunnels, and if someone climbs out, they will get hit by a car. MANY people have died on the TTA. Luckily Disney has now installed pressure sensitive mats along the track. And that guy who got out during the seancé scene, he didn't actualy die. He was just severly injured. There are nets lining the drop off and he landed in one.

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

Actually, it was a small girl who left her doom buggy because she was scared and wanted to go into her mom's car behind her, but tripped, and got.. stuck.. under the track.

There are some HM CMs who claim to have seen real ghosts. I know it all sounds silly because it *is* the haunted mansion, but my mom, sister, and I have some sort of inherited phsycic sense(nothing major, just little signals) and certain parts of it feel a little unsettling, and not because of the animatronics.

For some reason, amusement/theme parks are breeding grounds for ghost stories and ghost sitings. For example, at Cedar Point, they say the merry go round in the front of the park will start by itself in the middle of the night, and at the far back section of the park, latenight workers have seen figures walking. OoooOoo freaky stuff!

Grim Grinner

Tom Morrow, you proclaim to have that ability to "feel" things. For me I like to call it the shakey stillness. It's like that feeling of a perfectly still room- a pressure of sorts. It feels as if someone is rocking you slightly by the shoulders in a faint, barely perceptible way. It's almost always joined with a slight hollow noise in my ears, almost as if they're ringing, but they're not.

How is your sense of the unknown portrayed to you?

This is passed down from my mom's side of the family. According to my mom, it's very rare for males like me to get the power. Women are more finely tuned to such things supposedly.

I can enter graveyards and what0-not without getting strange. However certain churches can really get me to freak out. It was so bad at my wife's church that we had to get married at a nice hotel instead!

Anyone else have this happen in the Parks or elsewhere?

Luau Cove

What I know is that HM's CMs are very wise and unique, and they started spreading millions of rumors to millions of people and the stories keep coming and going like urban legends. Haunted Mansion is not a creepy ride for most people, but a funny way to meet the topic, but if someone is told that there are real ghosts stories because "X" reason, they will certainly be more afraid.
-->LUAU

StarscreamLSU

Snopes

I figure many of you have already seen this, but for those who haven't it has some informaton about park deaths and stuff. You can also click one of the 'back' buttons at the bottom of the page for more Disney Urban Legends.

Kel_loves_simba

I heard a story about a grandmother who went on her first disney trip with her family. Then her grandchildren asked if their parents and their grandmother would take them to pirates of the carribean. They waited in line and finally got on the ride. The kids were all happy and laughing on the ride (so were the parents) but the grandmother started acting uneasy. She became kind of scared and during the middle of the ride she had a heart attack and when they got off the ride, she was dead. Talk about sad!

Tomcat47

The two ghost stories I've read and heard the most about Disney are. A man drowned in BayLake and now haunts the Magic Kingdom. Then there is the story of I believe his name was George. Story goes he was on the construction crew that built Pirates of the Caribbean. George died on site during construction. Now it is believed that Pirates CM's must say good morning George when the arrive and goodnight when they leave or George will cause the ride to go 101 (break down).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom