Is the Grand Floridian the deluxe of the deluxe?

Bparso87

Staying there for the first time this June. We hope it is good. We have are there many times. This is the first resort we stayed at on the monorail to so looking forward to the trip.

Disney5Mom

We stayed here and loved it! We felt really comfortable. The cast members were lovely and we were a large party of 12 with 8week old twins!We spent lots of time at the resort. Pools,restaurants were wonderful and we loved the turn down service and watching fireworks from the lawn. We hope to stay here again some day

38053WDW

After years and years saying I wouldn't stay at the GF because it was too fancy-pants for my comfort, I recently had the opportunity to spend a night there. Boy, have I been wrong all these years. Even tho florally type finer decor isn't normally my thing, it was extremely comfortable. The room, everything about it, was pleasant. The colors and decor were toned so that it created a very relaxing atmosphere. It was nice without being overly ornate or distracting. There was enough whimsy in the details to make the heart smile without feeling in your face or forced. I was only there 1 night but I'd absolutely stay there again for the right price. That's the kicker. I only paid 1/4 of a room that was priced at 60% of rack rate in a less expensive season. I was with 4 ladies who split it after the military discount was applied. The full rack rate is more than I'd ever consider acceptable per night for any hotel. But that's just me.

Cked out your trip report - the pics of GF a nice.. they look like water colors or a painting .. is this a trick of the camera? Maybe it's just me ...

sweetpee_1993

Cked out your trip report - the pics of GF a nice.. they look like water colors or a painting .. is this a trick of the camera? Maybe it's just me ...
Actually, it's over saturation by a novice at editing. But thank you. I know I totally butchered my pics but it's okay. I do still have the original raw files so I can go back and re-edit as many times as I want. ;)

38053WDW

Actually, it's over saturation by a novice at editing. But thank you. I know I totally butchered my pics but it's okay. I do still have the original raw files so I can go back and re-edit as many times as I want. ;)

I really thought they looked good.. They looked like they were painted to me ... Not all but especially the ones outside...

Jonathan Woolf

Original Poster
The only thing I don't know is which rooms we shall be in - OUTTP room means an outside building theme park view - so where? Exciting

Innkeeper's Club

In my opinion the one thing the Grand Floridian got wrong is having their self parking lot located across the street, along with having to cross at a stop light and the fact that it's the smallest self parking lot among the Deluxe Resorts.

I can see why they have the valet parking spots within walking distance of the entrance to the lobby, however for the "flag ship" resort in WDW I think they really need better self parking. Not everyone chooses to valet park.

ecranos

Please dine at Citricos it is amazing! Have a great time it is a lovely resort I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
In my opinion the one thing the Grand Floridian got wrong is having their self parking lot located across the street, along with having to cross at a stop light and the fact that it's the smallest self parking lot among the Deluxe Resorts.

I can see why they have the valet parking spots within walking distance of the entrance to the lobby, however for the "flag ship" resort in WDW I think they really need better self parking. Not everyone chooses to valet park.
If you are splurging for the GF then you should be able to afford to valet park. It just wouldn't have the same atmosphere if the GF had pull up parking like a Holiday Inn.

Innkeeper's Club

If you are splurging for the GF then you should be able to afford to valet park. It just wouldn't have the same atmosphere if the GF had pull up parking like a Holiday Inn.
You can make that same claim about any of the Deluxe Resorts because they are all still expensive. When I have stayed at the Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club I choose not to valet park because I don't think it's worth it.

Finally I never said people couldn't afford to valet park there if they wanted to. I just think for WDW's "flag ship" resort their self parking sucks since it's far across the street from it's main entrance.

rbiango5

Grand Floridian is easily my favorite resort. Everything about it is just perfect. The happy workers, beautiful buildings, great views, and cleanliness all make this resort to be outstanding. I don't know about everyone else but I even remember it by a certain smell (a good smell). I highly recommend it and for your sake not having any younger children, there seems to be less young children running around then the other hotels.

hsisthebest

Yeah, it's not too fancy-pants for anyone who hasn't made up their mind to not like it. :)

It isn't a fantastic place and the service is well below par for a true "luxury" kind of hotel. You could do much better outside the bubble!

But if someone is a bubble person and wants to go to the GF, they should not worry that it's somehow stuffy or too nice. :)
TROLL ALERT !!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom