Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They are not an efficient use of space.
Yes, they are
They layout is confusing to non-regulars.
They are purpose built open plan to adapt to any layout.
They function as a massive barrier to the different lands.
No, they don’t
They hinder crowd flow and that is increasingly a concern.
No, they don’t. No, it isn’t. Not here anyway.
They no longer have an architectural appeal.
Opinion?
Energy inefficient.
Opinion?
Layouts that limit creativity and new additions.
More difficult to refurb or reimagine due to guests proximity at active attractions.
No, they’re not. They’re incredibly easy to refurb as they have done in the past.
It’s Florida. Most park buildings have it.

Happy new year.

DanielBB8

Yes, they are
Even when few people wander through them?

It’s one corridor.

No, they don’t
If you insist.

So who cares?

Opinion?

Opinion?
Useless buildings have no appeal and empty buildings are energy inefficient.

I’m sure they will get around to another rehab that never happens.

No, they’re not. They’re incredibly easy to refurb as they have done in the past.
Okay, either they turn it into a new attraction or it remains nothing for awhile longer. They have never been in a rush to refurb the apparently easy refurbishment.

Happy new year.
No worries.

jt04

Yes, they are

No, they don’t

Opinion?

Opinion?

Happy new year.

They look like something you might see at a higher end office park not a Disney theme park. Boring.

Hopefully they go right down to the roots so they won't grow back.

Sort of like removing the wand or the bah. People won't appreciate it until they see the results.

IMO.

Slowjack

They are not an efficient use of space.
They layout is confusing to non-regulars.
They function as a massive barrier to the different lands.
They hinder crowd flow and that is increasingly a concern.
They no longer have an architectural appeal.
Energy inefficient.
Layouts that limit creativity and new additions.
More difficult to refurb or reimagine due to guests proximity at active attractions.
Mildew.
To be honest, jt, I would agree with many (if not all) of these points as relates to those buildings in their current configuration as Innovations. But these don't apply to the structures when they were Communicore. When you could see through the buildings (and there was something other than concrete to see), their visual impact was entirely different; they didn't seem to block the rest of Future World,; the flow and layout worked; and I, at least, found them attractive, something I can't say for the current walled-in paint-chip display.

Point being, I might prefer a totally redesigned spine to what we have now, because what we have now is crummy, but if we still had what we once had, I don't think Disney would need to be considering this.

Last edited:

jt04

To be honest, jt, I would agree with many (if not all) of these points as relates to those buildings in their current configuration as Innovations. But these don't apply to the structures when they were Communicore. When you could see through the buildings (and there was something other than concrete to see), their visual impact was entirely different; they didn't seem to block the rest of Future World,; the flow and layout worked; and I, at least, found them attractive, something I can't say for the current walled-in paint-chip display.

Point being, I might prefer a totally redesigned spine to what we have now, because what we have now is crummy, but if we still had what we once had, I don't think Disney would need to be considering this.

Personally think the land could be put to much better use. I am sure they are debating the pros and cons internally. Time will tell.

TrainsOfDisney

At this point anything is better than empty buildings just sitting there.

If Disney wants to internally debate what should go there, that’s fine. But right now there should be something in those buildings for good show. Even if the building with Baymax is going to be all character meets FILL it with character meets and make it look like something worthy of a $100 entrance fee.

I don’t care if you put in old models from wdi, make a kingdom hearts game room, or whatever just fill out the 1 wing that’s left of innoventions so it looks like you at least pretend to care.

jt04

At this point anything is better than empty buildings just sitting there.

If Disney wants to internally debate what should go there, that’s fine. But right now there should be something in those buildings for good show. Even if the building with Baymax is going to be all character meets FILL it with character meets and make it look like something worthy of a $100 entrance fee.

I don’t care if you put in old models from wdi, make a kingdom hearts game room, or whatever just fill out the 1 wing that’s left of innoventions so it looks like you at least pretend to care.

Like I used to say when we were waiting for the design for DTD to be revealed, Imagineering does not work like a fast food drive thru.

Nor do they have unlimited funding or resources.

TrainsOfDisney

And DTD was a total embarrassment as well that should have never happened just for the sake of show.

Not sure what you mean with wdi.... im sure if they were given a small budget and told to have something ready to install ASAP they could think of something.

jt04

And DTD was a total embarrassment as well that should have never happened just for the sake of show.

Not sure what you mean with wdi.... im sure if they were given a small budget and told to have something ready to install ASAP they could think of something.

Actually they were given a mandate to create on a big scale so you couldn't be more wrong.

They are spending billions on WDW so naturally that has to be spread over several years. Which allows more time for the creative process. Win win.

TrainsOfDisney

If you count what we have now as a win than we obviously don’t agree.

Empty or half empty innoventions buildings, empty theatre at the land, Pixar shorts dropped into a former major attraction space. I don’t know if I should count the empty wonders of life building since something might be happening there?

jt04

If you count what we have now as a win than we obviously don’t agree.

Empty or half empty innoventions buildings, empty theatre at the land, Pixar shorts dropped into a former major attraction space. I don’t know if I should count the empty wonders of life building since something might be happening there?

They haven't announced the plan yet. Perhaps a bit more research on your part would help you with your opinions.

TrainsOfDisney

My opinion is based on what we have now and what we have had for the past few years.

I am quite aware of potential future plans, that’s irrelevant for letting future world be in its current state.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom