Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

HauntedMansionFLA

Can anyone map out the rumored new direction future world is headed better than that “other site”?? There are several members on here that have impressive skills.
I’m not happy about the fountain of nations going away. It’s such a relaxing place to stop and take in our surroundings. I hope it’s a ugly rumor.

Rodan75

Do we know the order of operations here? Do they update the look of East and build the path to Guardians before they tear down West? Hit both at the same time. Or start on West?

I can’t imagine them tackling the front entry and both sides of innoventions at the same time.

TOCPE82

As someone said- fountains don’t make money...

I’m gonna Hold out hope this all turns out great and “wows” us all...

Imagineers can do amazing things!
I can appreciate optimism, but I don't think the Imagineers are necessarily in doubt here. Even the best imagineers are limited by the scope of the project, budgets and management decisions that are out of their control.

Think of it like a world renowned sculptor being hired to create the most amazing turd anyone has ever seen. It's probably a great turd, but a turd none the less.

General Mayhem

I can appreciate optimism, but I don't think the Imagineers are necessarily in doubt here. Even the best imagineers are limited by the scope of the project, budgets and management decisions that are out of their control.

Think of it like a world renowned sculptor being hired to create the most amazing turd anyone has ever seen. It's probably a great turd, but a turd none the less.
Honestly I have complete doubt in modern "Imagineers". The term "Imagineer" should be used sparingly nowadays because a massive part of these creative teams are temps brought in for that said project alone. They don't even know a single thing about the park they are working in. This entire Beer Garden plan is a ridiculous idea that should've been shot down or relocated in the early design phases. Possibly if we make a big enough fuss the plans will change and this thing will never see the light of day.

Timothy_Q

Honestly I have complete doubt in modern "Imagineers". The term "Imagineer" should be used sparingly nowadays because a massive part of these creative teams are temps brought in for that said project alone. They don't even know a single thing about the park they are working in. This entire Beer Garden plan is a ridiculous idea that should've been shot down or relocated in the early design phases. Possibly if we make a big enough fuss the plans will change and this thing will never see the light of day.
Nowadays imagineers just design whatever they’re told.

The big decisions come from above them.

That’s what being an artist is like 99% of the time.

They’ll try to make the beer garden as nice as they can, but they don’t have the power to say no to the idea.

General Mayhem

Nowadays imagineers just design whatever they’re told.

The big decisions come from above them.

That’s what being an artist is like 99% of the time.

They’ll try to make the beer garden as nice as they can, but they don’t have the power to say no to the idea.
My point is there is no point having faith in people who are just random designers from literally anywhere brought in to work on something we as fans actually care about.

Timothy_Q

I'm just saying the days of having veteran imagineers or even just people who know squat about the parks working on these projects are gone. Especially with Bob Chapek in charge...
You gotta be a young “random” designer first to eventually become a veteran. That’s how they all started.

Like I said, not up to the imagineers to decide to put GotG, a m&g pavilion and a beer garden in FW

The Pho

I am kind of curious as to whether Disney has any concept themselves of what Future World is supposed to be after all of this is completed. For the moment, it seems like a very curious collection of attractions with little if anything linking them. I get that the theme almost has to change as neither corporate sponsors nor Disney seem to have any interest in the former model of FW, but I am struggling to see how Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Mission:Space, a Guardians of the Galaxy rollercoaster and Living with the Land, for example, are supposed to relate to one another once this is all completed.

Must say that I am less put off by the notion of almost permanent festivals at Epcot than most people. One thing WDW parks lack relative to DL is seasonal attractions, so Epcot as one park that always has something different going on during different times of the year doesn't seem too terrible to me.

Honestly, I just don’t think Disney is interested in operating fully Themed Parks anymore. Really of the 6 parks in the US, only Animal Kingdom still has a clear theme.

Ultimately Epcot does seriously need the change at this point, but I’m not getting my hopes up for what they deliver apart from some enjoyable rides (which is something it needs more than the other parks considering it doesn’t have a single ride that isn’t in need of significant work).

Last edited:

Rosso11

So the beer garden - do you know if it's a structure vs an outdoor area?
If it is truly a beer garden then by definition it is outside. And if they are doing a traditional one it is under large trees and gardens. So that would actually make sense with the rumors of a lot more greenery in this area. Hopefully it is designed well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Adding more nature to back to the hub of Future World was something highlighted to me.

That'll wind up with the park looking like... a park!!!

WRT: Fountains -- Isn't World Showcase Lagoon getting updated fountains? If yes, perhaps those fountains can run in the daytime, too. Also, the main entrance will be getting a new (non-dancing) fountain.

WRT: DrunCOT -- Joke's on them... I don't drink!! Hahahaha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom