Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

Rich Brownn

You all DO realize the original vision of EPCOT was truly a "world's fair that never goes away."

I suspect most of you have never been to a World's Fair (Google: "Expo 86 in Vancouver" or "Expo 74" or visit the Expo Wikipedia) but In that sense, these changes align with that idea....
EPCOT Center was designed to emulate a very specific World's Fair == ironically a non-WF WF ... New York 64/65

Rich Brownn

So the new theme of FW will be - Booze & Merchandise World? Mission:Space will become the world's largest ride-in Margarita blender; The Land will all be about how to grow Hops for beer. Test Track will become a moonshine race against the police (with an in-vehicle uncharge booze dispenser...)......

aladdin2007

There's not a lot that I like in this.

The festival center makes sense. And to use the old Innoventions site does as well so that the building has access to Epcot's utilidor. No real issues with that in its essence I guess. That's the only thing on there I can see that I might actually stop in at.

I would have liked to see something else done with the old Innoventions buildings- a revamp, refocus, major update, rather than giving up and entirely scrapping the whole thing. But that really seems like it was done years ago and they just let it die a long slow extended death, which I think made it worse.

Not a fan of the beer garden in any way, shape or form. There aren't enough places around Epcot to get a drink? And enough issues with some of the people "enjoying" their way around the world showcase? Now lets let them get smashed almost as soon as they get in with something that's really already present in the park. Absolutely remotely interesting or unique about it.

And a stand alone Starbucks. whoohoo!

The "trail journey of water"... wow, an oversized extended water play area for kids.

Rather than updating and making something interesting, something that might draw people in, so far they pretty much are putting in what I can find at my local park. I mean the county park, that I don't have to pay to go to. Sad.

And at the expense of a lot- past, present, and future possibilities.

this, its already a problem and now just makes the park officially titled DrunkCot to me. they only want $$$$$ from whatever booze and merch they can rely on. so when does main street get its roof top bar???

mikejs78

Premium Member
Honestly, I don't mind most of this - with the exception of the removal of Fountain of Nations and replacing it with a Beer Garden. Now the Beer Garden could be tacky or it could be decent. Will have to see. It just seems like weird placement - the spot in front of the fountain made for great shots of SSE... Putting a beer garden in the middle of that will ruin that.

Now the concept art showed a large fountain more towards World Showcase. @marni1971 or @Magic Feather - can either of you hint if there may be more water features (possibly the fountain from the concept art, or something else) not illustrated in these current plans?

Magic Feather

Honestly, I don't mind most of this - with the exception of the removal of Fountain of Nations and replacing it with a Beer Garden. Now the Beer Garden could be tacky or it could be decent. Will have to see. It just seems like weird placement - the spot in front of the fountain made for great shots of SSE... Putting a beer garden in the middle of that will ruin that.

Now the concept art showed a large fountain more towards World Showcase. @marni1971 or @Magic Feather - can either of you hint if there may be more water features (possibly the fountain from the concept art, or something else) not illustrated in these current plans?
Adding more nature to back to the hub of Future World was something highlighted to me.

aladdin2007

if that is true and there is indeed another fountain in the plan then it would be slightly better and help, but right now it just looks like a messy design with no cohesion/vision/theme whatsoever other than merch and alcohol of course. this is todays execs and imagineering I guess.

matt9112

so its legitimately official now right? TWDC has admitted Epcot is the worlds most expensive bar? this is so absurd i could rant and rave for hours on the ridiculousness of this direction. the greenery is nice and im all for destroying the concrete blocky look of FW but hiding what amounts to more merch and F&B sales behind a VERY thin veil of a revamped innovations is low very low.

EPCOT has been dead since i first visited now TWDC has placed it in the incinerator.

DinoInstitute

Most of this really isn’t too bad. The only thing that saddens me is the removal of FoN, but at the same time, I can understand it from the perspective of its location being a bit restrictive in terms of full creative freedom in a complete refresh. What I’m looking for most overall though is just if they are able to create a really great atmosphere in the area, which we’ll just have to see through it’s execution.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
your nuts.

EDITCould actually go both ways considering the context.

aladdin2007

Getting rid of half of the Communicore/Innoventions buildings but leaving the fountain might feel weird, perhaps that's why they are going to change things a bit? Also, it might have to do with changing traffic flow....just some thoughts

more likely to save money on maintenance and operational costs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom