Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

DisDan

I wonder if once the FULL plans for the park are laid out with new name and all that they will introduce a new structure to be the NEW park icon? Anyone given that any thought?

DisneyGentleman

This will be a day long remembered...
So true. This day is much more than just a simple restoration of the spires.

After a decade of "declining by degrees", the management is once again saying that details matter. What mades the parks so special are all the little details, which when taken together make for a truly immersive experience.

The past says I should temper my optimism, but just maybe today is the day for A New Hope.

lunchbox1175

Some have said the tower might come down because of expansion....What will then be the park icon if the tower does come down?

Me? I like the tower.
I have no idea. I guess that if that happened the park would get some kind of new Icon that would be inline with the new name. At least I would hope so.

Cesar R M

So true. This day is much more than just a simple restoration of the spires.

After a decade of "declining by degrees", the management is once again saying that details matter. What mades the parks so special are all the little details, which when taken together make for a truly immersive experience.

The past says I should temper my optimism, but just maybe today is the day for A New Hope.
Lets hope Rasulo doesn't bring a " The Empire Strikes Back" moment.

jrhwdw

"This will be a week long remembered. It has seen the end of Star Wars Land rumors without confirmation, it will soon see the end of the Chinese Theater without spires."

(At least, that's how I think the quote from the movie went).
The time since DHS's 25th will be long remembered!...And it's still going!!!
No one including me knew it when DHS turned 25 but, IMO, this day started on May 1, 2014. After a wonderful day full of 25th events we soon learned the news that Symphony In the Stars was given the SWW Promotion. Then Frozen came right after July 4th. Like Frozen or not, it gave DHS its first fireworks summer since F! Opened, which lasted till Oct.(weekends only after Labor Day) Then at the end of Oct., somehow we got confirmation that the Hat was coming down. It started in Jan. and on May 1, 2015, we had that classic MGM look back!! Since then SWW and Frozen has been awesome, we now know DHS’s Future and now the Spires! All DHS needs in the really short term is a regular fireworks show when it’s not SW or Frozen.

Sage of Time

All four. The Chinese Theater is back to its original appearance. It's a great day for WDW.

CM8H6BJWUAAWLNN.jpg

KDM31091

So the hat is gone, but as I understand, there is now/or is going to be a stage obstructing the theater? Sigh. All the recent pics I see of the theater are too close up to tell what the far-away view is.

BrerJon

This thread's work isn't done yet. We still haven't had a single day where there's been an unobstructed view of the theatre, with the new spires. Once we have that, and the metal stages are gone - even if it's just for a couple of weeks, at least thousands of people will get to see how good it looks, and that should make Disney think twice about building another hat.

After so many years, the campaigning work of all who've posted here and sent messages to Disney reminding them what an asset they were concealing behind the hat, will have achieved its goal. Not long now, hopefully.

G00fyDad

I just had a horrible thought. What if they COMPLETELY redo the ENTIRE park with the reworking of DHS?? They could conceivably remove the line of sight we have with the theater! :( Yes, I doubt it will happen too, but it is still possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom