Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

G00fyDad

Or maybe they will build a "temporary" water tower right in front of the theater and say it's for a celebration!

1329414634_dog_slap.gif

Goofyernmost

I like the water tower. I don't know why they ever changed from it.

And I still don't miss the BAH.
Now they need to get rid of the BAS (big *** stage!!)
I don't think that they ever really did. But they built the BAH and then decided that it would cost too much to take it down, so let's make it an icon. For most of us, it never was other then in name. I think that they felt that we would just go away quietly and then they could convince new people that it had been there forever and that it was listed in Walt's will to find a prominent place for it if they ever built a Hollywood themed park. (that last part I made up)

I don't know what the end focus will be for DHS, but, considering what is probably staying it will still be movie related and the tower will become more visible and probably have a pin trading center under it. After all it is what has been seen from outside the park since the day it opened. Other things were added later. What if they had changed the icon for things after opening. Things like... MK sells off the castle to a wealthy couple from the mid-west and now has either Splash Mtn. or Space Mtn. as the icon. Epcot rolls SSE out of the way and Soarin becomes the new icon. DAK chops down the tree and Everest becomes the new Icon. Over a period of 3 generations, new visitors would not know the difference, so except for continuity there is no reason to keep any of them.;):grumpy:

cheezbat

Since they are actively promoting the water tower as the icon of the park I would be willing to bet that they're either going to move the water tower that they currently have, or that they will build a bigger water tower closer to the middle of the park. Somewhere off to the side of the theater.
That could change as soon as the park is rebranded. Honestly, I don't think the water tower will stay the icon after the park rebrand.

Goofyernmost

That could change as soon as the park is rebranded. Honestly, I don't think the water tower will stay the icon after the park rebrand.
I have to disagree with that as I said in the post above. Whatever the re-brand is it will still be movie/entertainment related, just not studio's anymore. Water towers and movies are closely linked and have been since film studios were built. There is no need to spend money on replacing or repositioning it.

Monorail_Red_77

Speaking of Hollywood Hills. I noticed back in May the San Fran skyline on streets of America was under refurb scrims. During the 24 hour celebration. I have seen pics of the same area since then and now it is changed to the Hollywood hills scene with Hollywood Marque.

I thought that was interesting since there is talks of the Streets area possibly going away. I would have thought they would have left as is, if that was the case.

peter11435

Speaking of Hollywood Hills. I noticed back in May the San Fran skyline on streets of America was under refurb scrims. During the 24 hour celebration. I have seen pics of the same area since then and now it is changed to the Hollywood hills scene with Hollywood Marque.

I thought that was interesting since there is talks of the Streets area possibly going away. I would have thought they would have left as is, if that was the case.
It is still San Francisco. I believe you were mistaken about those pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom