Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

SnarkyMonkey

Rumor is that the first of the interchangeable icon blow ups will be Beymax, and after his four month tenure sources say a massive snowflake, then something called Moke Moke, are being designed. What the heck is a Moke moke? This is actually kind of inventive as a temp thing until a new icon is eventually decided upon. Kudos to TDO!

I'm having trouble determining if this is a joke or not. You are kidding right?

lazyboy97o

Hardly a dud. Fantasia was a critical success in the world of artsy fartsy. It was the ultimate "longhair musical". Leopold Stokowski, Mickey Mouse and Deems Taylor put Disney on the map as an innovative Hollywood studio rather than just a cartoon factory. Sure, it lost more money than Pinocchio but with the introduction of Fantasound, the very limited release of the film, the length of the film at over two hours and special seating of guests by Disney trained staff were all designed to make the movie a very special presentation unlike any other. It was very high class.

Or course it was not popular with the public. But Dr. Dre has sold more music than Stokowski ever dreamed of selling. The BAH is a symbol of power.
Fantasia was ripped apart by the "artsy fartsy" crowd. But making things up seems to be par for your course.

Last edited:

ExtinctJenn

"The World you have entered was created by The Walt Disney Company and is dedicated to Hollywood—not a place on a map, but a state of mind that exists wherever people dream and wonder and imagine, a place where illusion and reality are fused by technological magic. We welcome you to a Hollywood that never was—and always will be."
Appropriate quote to share. I think often folks lose site of the fact that the idea was to create a park that felt like Hollywood makes you feel. Not to be a remake of Hollywood plopped into Central Florida. For me, the view down the Blvd. toward the theater "felt" like Hollywood and the Earful tower was what sort of reminded you that it was Disney's take on it. The BAH felt like Disney trying to hide Hollywood or maybe better put, trying to hide the fact that their version of Hollywood (the working studio factor) had failed.

Eventually when only the rings and hands are left, it's going to look like Mickey is holding an unrolled condom, I am guessing there will be some incredible photo ops and photoshopping going on soon
There probably wouldn't have been until you posted this. Now even I'm thinking of how I could do it. LOL!

I'm having trouble determining if this is a joke or not. You are kidding right?
Boy I sure hope so.

DisneyGentleman

"The World you have entered was created by The Walt Disney Company and is dedicated to Hollywood—not a place on a map, but a state of mind that exists wherever people dream and wonder and imagine, a place where illusion and reality are fused by technological magic. We welcome you to a Hollywood that never was—and always will be."
We seem to believe that these theme statements somehow constrain TWDC to some sort of focus. They don't. Wall Street does. So the BAH was there to make money as will be the deal with Turner. We need to reboot our assumptions.

ExtinctJenn

Doubtful with the park closing at 7pm it's prime time I assume.
That's what I was thinking too. It sure does look like it was taken today though. They must've worked on something other than the blue... or chunks have been removed from the back that we can't see?

Kman101

Yeah, at first glance nothing looks different. I'm sure something had to be done, lol.

I agree, this thread is like a drug. I look forward to checking it every morning for the latest progress on the demo of the hat.

And can we stop using 'Disney is a Business' excuse. They were and have always been a business. Doesn't excuse poor decisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom