Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Okay...just gonna say this again...and it is only an opinion...but I think it is pretty universal...

It's not the hat.
It's not that it is a hat.
It's not that the hat lacks pizazz or that it's ugly.
It certainly isn't because the hat makes zero sense...it does...sorta...at least more sense than a giant yard gnome...

It isn't because it is not a big enough hat or that it's too big...
It's not the color...

It has EVERYTHING to do with the location...it's like buying a house...location, location, location. To make use of a childhood phrase from memory I'd often hear while blocking the view of a TV...

"You make a better door than a window."

Boom. Nutshell. We can ALL agree (whether you detest the hat or have it tattooed on your wazoo...) that it is just kinda in a bad spot...It had makes no sense as to where it is...if they had dropped the thing in front of Cinderella castle, everyone would hate it...but this is what we have...this is the issue. And it isn't like the wand at Epcot. That was an add-on. The only way this is an add-on is if you figure they added it onto the concrete. It's going to take some more doing to remove it...I'm sure they get complaints as much if not moreso than they did with the wand...

Maybe they'll just move the big lug to a better spot...

I'd like to suggest to the spot where the Christmas tree goes every year...
Not sure why this post doesn't have 30+ likes already.

In case you haven't discerned this already:
I agree.
I agree completely.
I agree with all my heart.
I agree with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Not sure why this post doesn't have 30+ likes already.
That's because:
I disagree.
I disagree completely.
I disagree with all my heart.
I disagree with a freshly baked pre-Starbucks cinnamon roll riding Mr. Toad's.

:D

The HAT is ugly. It is tacky. It is a cheap, plastic, temporary festivity structure. I only want it replaced to appease the mad HATters and to increase the odds of that monstrosity being removed from beautiful old Hollywood already.

~ Hatters gonna hat! ~

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
That's because:
I disagree.
I disagree completely.
I disagree with all my heart.
I disagree with a freshly baked pre-Starbucks cinnamon roll riding Mr. Toad's.

:D

The HAT is ugly. It is tacky. It is a cheap, plastic, temporary festivity structure. I only want it replaced to appease the mad HATters and to increase the odds of that monstrosity to be removed from beautiful old Hollywood already.

~ Hatters gonna hat! ~
I too want the hat gone. Moved ... removed ... blown to bits ... shipped to Timbuktu - doesn't matter.
Just get it off of Hollywood Blvd.

PS - Mr. Toad's < Winnie the Pooh.

NoChesterHester

'Disney' does not mean 'something from a cartoon franchise'. No, Disney means quality, placemaking, re-creating places in a reassuring setting. The Hollywood in DHS very much is Disney, every bit as much as the recreated New Orleans of DL is Disney, and World Showcase, and a 1900's Main Street.

Main Street does not get 'more Disney' by replacing the Emporium with a statue of Stitch and adding Donald's boat in Town Square. It would become less Disney. And more second-rate theme park.

Excellent! Quoting in hopes more people read this.

A Disney park is about quality and escapism. It is about immersion. It isn't about gaudy and garish.

The Disney copies of originals are about the place making or immersion not about "Disneyfying." The "architecture of reassurance" as Hench put it doesn't require larger than life obnoxious cartoon icons.

NormC

Move it to DTD, flip it upside down, paint it brown and stick some scoops of fiberglass ice cream on it and a big flashing cherry so planes don't hit it. :)

IowaHawks7

Just saw this is the new Disney Parks 2014 calendar covers. For WDW. I know its just another thing without the Hat on it, but just another "clue" if it is to close or not?
Quick note though: WDW is on Left, Disneyland on Right. Could not separate the two from the site i used.
tfc229847SMALL.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom