Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I haven't read all 46 pages of this thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned. I saw mentioned some where the Chinese theatre could possibly be re-themed to look like the Cathay Circle theatre. I know I read that it was only a rumor but I haven't been able to find it again. Does anyone think that this is a possibility? I long for the days before 2000 when that beautiful Chinese theatre was the showpiece of Hollywood Blvd.
Marni1971's quote said it all.

I heard this rumor once, but am not sure how credible it is. DHS already has a store themed after the Carthay Circle Theater so that would have to be re themed also.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

G00fyDad

I haven't read all 46 pages of this thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned. I saw mentioned some where the Chinese theatre could possibly be re-themed to look like the Cathay Circle theatre. I know I read that it was only a rumor but I haven't been able to find it again. Does anyone think that this is a possibility? I long for the days before 2000 when that beautiful Chinese theatre was the showpiece of Hollywood Blvd.
Marni1971's quote said it all.

What does rethemeing the theater have to do with the hat?? And please don't say for copyright issues.:rolleyes:

BryceM

WHAT IF... the hat remains the icon... but is at the front of the park like Islands of Adventure. It's recognizable and a somewhat-good icon AND it keeps the Chinese Theater unobstructed
Yeah, but at Islands of Adventure the lighthouse actually ties in with Port of Entry. The hat does not fit at all with Hollywood...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What does rethemeing the theater have to do with the hat?? And please don't say for copyright issues.:rolleyes:

Actually, it could be the copyright issue. Even though we know it's a myth, enough people believe it is true, coupled with the fact that DCA got a Carthay Circle restaurant along with Carsland, that it might have lead to the rise of this rumor.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
2009 post.... not happening
It's been pretty much confirmed that it is just a matter of time before the hat is dismantled.
wave.gif

JonUWStout

I am one of the strange people who would hate to see the hat go. For me though it isnt a matter of the hat is better than the theatre, its more of a matter of...I worked in that hat! It was one of my favorite locations to work when I was a CP and I will always love it. I understand that the thing really serves no purpose other than a glorified gift shop, but for nostalgic reasons I would hate to see it go :( . I know Im in the minority here...LOL.

Lexxweb

I just wanna have the experience of walking down Hollywood Blvd. and seeing the Chinese Theatre. It would really make me feel like I'm in Hollywood. Minus the hat, I think DHS does a better job (park theme wise) of creating a movie studio/hollywood feel. I wish they would go IN on that. Get rid of the hat.

cslafferty

I am one of the strange people who would hate to see the hat go. For me though it isnt a matter of the hat is better than the theatre, its more of a matter of...I worked in that hat! It was one of my favorite locations to work when I was a CP and I will always love it. I understand that the thing really serves no purpose other than a glorified gift shop, but for nostalgic reasons I would hate to see it go :( . I know Im in the minority here...LOL.
The Sorceror's Apprentice is one of my favorite MM features - certainly my favorite part of Fantasia. So I LOVE the hat! But, I agree that it needs to be moved. Maybe they could put it somewhere at All Star Movie???

Macca250

Whats going to be the park's icon though? (Sorry if its been mentioned already in the previous 400 pages of the thread). I know someone is going to say the earful tower, but it isn't very central is it? And the theatre isn't tall enough or suitable to be an icon alongside the other three.

dcibrando

I personally think the hat is fine (I know most on here don't however). I think more regular guests are ok with the hat too just like most don't mind the disco yeti (in all of its 2 seconds of glory anyways).

So the cost in removing the hat isn't really going to benefit Disney plus it's the icon everyone can relate to in the hub

I think the pin trading underneath is cheesy though. Maybe do a meet and greet there so the characters can be in the shade?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom