Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Genie of the Lamp

It is well documented no such legal issues exist. The hat was temporary for Walt's 100th birthday and then never removed. It will be removed next big rehab for DHS. It is also possible that DHS changes names... Again.

Another name change. Didn't know that one. What possible name changes are being considered for this park?

Sped2424

"Disney Hollywood Studios is inspired by the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created California Adventure, with the hope that it will be a source of second-rate attractions and uninspired theming to all the world"
I mean if TOT and RRC are second rate attractions then we are in some trouble

BryceM

A gussied up stock roller coaster isn't second rate?
Actually, there are only three versions of that layout. The 2nd being the other Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and the 3rd being the one built after Rock 'n' Roller Coaster that's located in Europe.

It's not like its Flight of Fear, which has features the same layout as many, many other coasters.

lego606

MagicBandit
That type of logic could once again be applied to a lot of things. What is splash mountain but a gussied up knotts berry farm log flume?
Well, when half the animatronics broke down it was. But when it works, its an experience.

Rock N Roller coaster doesn't even try. 2D California stuff ftw(?)

BryceM

Well, when half the animatronics broke down it was. But when it works, its an experience.

Rock N Roller coaster doesn't even try. 2D California stuff ftw(?)
The queue, facade, loading area/launch area and unload all look fantastic. Yes, some of the interior things during the main coaster portion aren't that great, but some are, such as the highway signs, the Hollywood sign and the doughnut.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I was thinking yesterday while in the subway how cool a Spider-Man ride would be if you're waiting in a NYC subway and you actually have trains periodically pull in and out of the station. (You wouldn't be able to go near that portion but you'd see it. It was just a cool theming idea for Spider-Man. Too bad WDW doesn't have the rights.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I think a good re-branding for the park would be "Disney's Stuff to do Islands of Fun". First, it could attract confused tourists who think they are going to the park with Islands in the name that has lots of good rides. Secondly, the theme of "stuff to do" would be easily achievable.

BryceM

I was thinking yesterday while in the subway how cool a Spider-Man ride would be if you're waiting in a NYC subway and you actually have trains periodically pull in and out of the station. (You wouldn't be able to go near that portion but you'd see it. It was just a cool theming idea for Spider-Man. Too bad WDW doesn't have the rights.
Thank god that they don't! The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is already perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom