Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Californian Elitist

I heard from the Easter bunny that the BAH is moving to Buena Vista street at DCA in front of this
carthay-circle-theatre.jpg

I don't think TDA would want the Disneyland mob to come after them.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Okay two things
1. I read here that the hat was built to purposefully obstruct the view of the Chinese Theatre for the great movie ride because of legal issues with the outer facade. http://www.studioscentral.com/history-great-movie-ride
2. I like the hat.

It is well documented no such legal issues exist. The hat was temporary for Walt's 100th birthday and then never removed. It will be removed next big rehab for DHS. It is also possible that DHS changes names... Again.

G00fyDad

It is well documented no such legal issues exist. The hat was temporary for Walt's 100th birthday and then never removed. It will be removed next big rehab for DHS. It is also possible that DHS changes names... Again.

We need to stop replying to people that come up with this garbage. It is a waste of time. It has been said that is a rumor 100's of times but no one seems to listen. :rolleyes: Honestly, some people will believe anything no matter how silly it is.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
We need to stop replying to people that come up with this garbage. It is a waste of time. It has been said that is a rumor 100's of times but no one seems to listen. :rolleyes: Honestly, some people will believe anything no matter how silly it is.

I replied in this instance because the user is new and I wanted to provide them with an answer.

G00fyDad

I replied in this instance because the user is new and I wanted to provide them with an answer.

I get that. Really. Up until recently I replied constantly to this, but you need to remember, if they believe this now, then telling them different will not make a difference. There are those on here that have been told, and told, and told, and told, and told and they still choose to believe this silly rumor. :)

jt04

We really should not have had to wait until "the next big rehab". They should have contracted to remove it when the wand went away. It should never have taken this long and counting.

PurpleDragon

I get that. Really. Up until recently I replied constantly to this, but you need to remember, if they believe this now, then telling them different will not make a difference. There are those on here that have been told, and told, and told, and told, and told and they still choose to believe this silly rumor. :)

I can understand why people might believe that rumor. Of all the silly rumors that have been floating around over the years, that one has the most probability of having some truth in it. People want a valid reason for having that abomination remain in DHS after it fulfilled its original purpose and that rumor seems the most valid of all of them.

There was a time I thought it to be true myself, but I did the research and found no information on it at all and thus realized it was just pure laziness and penny pinching that is keeping it there.

lazyboy97o

I can understand why people might believe that rumor. Of all the silly rumors that have been floating around over the years, that one has the most probability of having some truth in it. People want a valid reason for having that abomination remain in DHS after it fulfilled its original purpose and that rumor seems the most valid of all of them.

There was a time I thought it to be true myself, but I did the research and found no information on it at all and thus realized it was just pure laziness and penny pinching that is keeping it there.
I think not wanting to accept the truth is a big reason the story survives. Walt Disney World can't be this perfect, magical, happy place if they're too lazy to follow through on removing the BAH.

lego606

MagicBandit
I think not wanting to accept the truth is a big reason the story survives. Walt Disney World can't be this perfect, magical, happy place if they're too lazy to follow through on removing the BAH.

Only when dreamers dream MAGICal wishes can the hat go away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom