Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Genie of the Lamp

How long would it take to bring down this:

And transform the area like this?:
tumblr_lmizakat3Y1qzbdgko1_500.jpg

Lexxweb

I think the thing I love most about DHS is that it actually has a movie studio feel to it throughout. The hat ruins that vibe. I do like the hat, but after seeing what it used to look like without it, I vote it gone as well. I'd really like this park to have that movie studio vibe when it gets its rumored upgrade.
Sidebar: As much as everyone raves about Cars Land and I'm sure it's awesome, I don't want to see the entire back half of the park become a giant PIXAR area. The PIXAR Studios portion is perfect as is. Not to mention I like LMA and the mediocre BLT. Maybe update the BLT and make it really cool and interesting again? Then place a new and exciting E-Ticket elsewhere? Just a thought.

Monorail Mike

Speaking of park icons, we'd better hope that water tower shown in the Disney Springs concept art isn't the same one currently on the backlot at DHS!

Monorail Mike

I hope you're right! Seems like the hat was a "quick fix" that gave the park a more obvious icon at the expense of the original theming. I wonder if the Buena Vista street project at DCA (inspired by DHS) will in turn re-inspire the studios?

steve76

It would be cool if they could relocate the hat to somewhere else on property. Like maybe the Art of Animation resort or the Ticket and Transportation Center.

RoyWalley

Just because you don't want it to go does not matter. WDI wants it gone and once DHS' expansion gets underway the thing will be joining the Epcot Wand in Yester World.

Agree, they don't ask my opinion or yours. All i know, it's been there since 2001.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom