Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

pmaljr

So I can stop dreaming about a couple fountains being put in front of GMR then? #parkfountainfetish

Here's the fountain they would put in ...
image112.jpg

IWant2GoNow

Here's the fountain they would put in ...

Ehh, if we go by most recent park fountain installed the ones from the MK hub would be alright. But I highly agree this thing is an offensive piece of trash compared to the original lobby. Never got to see it in person but even just the pictures of the old lobby did it justice to me. This looks like a long after thought, half-butted apology from Disney after all the complaints surfaced. Disney might as well put a plaque on it that said "Sorry Not Sorry".

ToTBellHop

Ehh, if we go by most recent park fountain installed the ones from the MK hub would be alright. But I highly agree this thing is an offensive piece of trash compared to the original lobby. Never got to see it in person but even just the pictures of the old lobby did it justice to me. This looks like a long after thought, half-butted apology from Disney after all the complaints surfaced. Disney might as well put a plaque on it that said "Sorry Not Sorry".
My understanding is that all of those rocks fell down as they were removing all of the asbestos and black mold from the lobby ceiling and Disney left the rubble due to their environmentality.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A stage is fine if it's a few feet high. The original flower bed was a few feet high.

Its a roof and non movable associated tech that would be a problem.

If they put anything in there taller than me that isn't a bush or a tree... I'm giving up on any hope of Disney's competence. I will have zero respect at all for them.

Staring at these huge lighting scaffolds and stages is NOT why I goto WDW.

ToTBellHop

If they put anything in there taller than me that isn't a bush or a tree... I'm giving up on any hope of Disney's competence. I will have zero respect at all for them.

Staring at these huge lighting scaffolds and stages is NOT why I goto WDW.
They've been around for awhile. It is my hope that any lighting structure can be placed in the planters further back and on each side (Mickey's "eyebrows"?), which wouldn't have much impact on the view down Hollywood Blvd.

Goofyernmost

This is looking more and more like a permanent large stage is going to be built. We finally get rid of the hat just to have some stupid stage put in its place. :banghead:
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't think that they are going to shot themselves in the foot again. We'll see, but, I doubt it.
Looks like a big pile of petrified dinosaur poop.
Cool... where do you live? Is it nearby that big pile of petrified dinosaur poop? I've never seen one, sounds interesting.;)

DisDan

Cool... where do you live? Is it nearby that big pile of petrified dinosaur poop? I've never seen one, sounds interesting.;)

Well... I saw the original Jurrasic Park this weekend and that fountain just reminded me of those piles of poop from that sick Triceratops scene. Anyhow, I was obviously joking, but that is one ugly fountain.

G00fyDad

It's considered backstage and they have and will harass people about taking photos like that.

Yet they will not say anything to people walking down the middle of Main Street USA puffing on cigarettes and blowing smoke in everybody's face. However, you take one picture over a wall and they want to make you feel like garbage.

Goofyernmost

Yet they will not say anything to people walking down the middle of Main Street USA puffing on cigarettes and blowing smoke in everybody's face. However, you take one picture over a wall and they want to make you feel like garbage.
Not to just be contradictory, although I am good at that, I haven't seen anyone walking down main street smoking a cigarette since the mid 90's. I have, however, seen a large number of people attempting to take a picture of the backstage areas and even saw some of the results on this very thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom