Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

JLipnick

For FL it could. I live in SE Texas if we have ice it's an issue. Our cities are not equipped for cold like that. Why should they be? Cold like that doesn't happen often. It would be stupid to spend $ on equipment that would be rarely needed. If it freezes on the road people don't know how to drive because it's not our normal. I don't know why people always discount that.

I'm not rolling my eyes at people from cold weather climates that can't handle our TX heat.
I am in maryland where we get both teh cold and then the upper 90s heat in the summer with 95% humidity. we also don't get a lot of snow normally so when we get 4 inches or so, it is a big deal. compare that to chicago or boston currently and a 4 inch snowfall wouldn't even be covered on the news. again, all relative. but, i do like being in WDW in January when you can tell the locals from the visitors from up north by the layers of clothing.

HRHPrincessAriel

I am in maryland where we get both teh cold and then the upper 90s heat in the summer with 95% humidity. we also don't get a lot of snow normally so when we get 4 inches or so, it is a big deal. compare that to chicago or boston currently and a 4 inch snowfall wouldn't even be covered on the news. again, all relative. but, i do like being in WDW in January when you can tell the locals from the visitors from up north by the layers of clothing.
That's still more than FL or areas of some other southern states ever gets in multiple years. I've lived in Houston for 14 years and can think of snow 2 times. Once was more of a dust.

PhilharMagician

For those of us that have been down here for a few years, it is stupid cold.
I think I've already lost my tolerance. Back home, 50 used to mean break out the shorts.
Now, it's break out that winter coat in the back of the closet.

Yeah, we had -50 wind chill last Sunday. Looks like we'll finally be up in the 20's this weekend before the bottom falls out again for next week. Now I know why Punxsutawney Phil bit the Mayors ear. He want to go back to bed because he knew it was going to be too damn cold! :banghead:

Creathir

The MM+ app for iOS was updated, and check out DHS:
image.jpg

The park icon is also different:
image.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is what I was thinking too. I just can't see them finishing the demo and building a new permanent stage in time for SWW. Would also explain the blank spot on the park maps. I'm guessing walls will come down for SWW and possibly through summer and then work beginning in autumn on the more permanent stage. Please note I have absolutely zero facts just a feeling that this may be the case.

There was already a permit filed for construction in that area, although I don't know exactly what it entails.

Fordlover

For FL it could. I live in SE Texas if we have ice it's an issue. Our cities are not equipped for cold like that. Why should they be? Cold like that doesn't happen often. It would be stupid to spend $ on equipment that would be rarely needed. If it freezes on the road people don't know how to drive because it's not our normal. I don't know why people always discount that.

I'm not rolling my eyes at people from cold weather climates that can't handle our TX heat.

Well said. It's funny when people transfer to Houston and say, "it's so hot!".....in May. I say, just wait.

elchippo

Has anyone brought up the possibility that they may put the "Mickey and Young Walt" statue from DCA where the hat used to be? My guess is with all the expansion of Pixar, Star Wars lands, etc. that DHS will end up structured closer to the MK model of main street to hub to weenie to lands. So if the Chinese Theatre stands in for the castle, then it would be the stand-in for Partners.

imagineer boy

Has anyone brought up the possibility that they may put the "Mickey and Young Walt" statue from DCA where the hat used to be? My guess is with all the expansion of Pixar, Star Wars lands, etc. that DHS will end up structured closer to the MK model of main street to hub to weenie to lands. So if the Chinese Theatre stands in for the castle, then it would be the stand-in for Partners.

I always felt that statue was self indulgent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom