Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

phi2134

Soooo what everyone is saying is we should have a new thread devoted to people's opinions on Echo Lake and overall park aesthetics in regards to water features in a different thread? You know instead of putting in pages of filler on people's opinions of others things besides the hat removal. Good? Thanks!

JohnD

Additionally, Echo Lake is one of my favorite places at DHS for the very reason that it is the only real water I can be near.

View attachment 83374
The picture is from January 9, right after the construction walls went up around the BAH...but you can see the Earful Tower poking over the tree line.

And I love the California Crazy architecture of Gertie. In an area of the park that represents Hollywood in the second quarter of the 20th century, California Crazy needs to be represented.

View attachment 83373
I do wish it was open for business more. Perhaps a cold day in January isn't the best time to judge the availability of an ice cream shop...

Earful Tower is like, "Hey, remember me?" as it does its best photobomb, almost waving goodbye to the hat.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Did I click into the "Is the clock ticking on Echo Lake thread" accidentally?

I have no opinion on keeping or removing Echo Lake without having context about what would take it's place if it were replaced. I sure wish they'd stop sitting on their hands and just announce whatever the heck is going on at DHS. Waiting around for the "grand reveal" that it seems they are intent on is just causing too much speculation.

yellowrocket

That pond did not do anything for me, so I'm all for it's paving, and that dinosaur and boat can be moved too. The dinosaur should move in with Chester and Hester, and that boat can be moved to Disney Springs.

I always think its funny when people suggest moving steel and concrete structures. "Move the hat!" "Movie Gertie!" "Move the World Drive flyover on Interstate 4!"

Cesar R M

another angle, courtesy Caitlin
11004975_773963206026247_338904994_n.jpg
funnt that theres the hearful tower, and on the right, explosions and destruction of the stunt spectacular.
Its like a hidden message.
"Hearful is the key now.. this hat thing will blow in fire"

note2001

I really want to see Disney release some design plans for this rumored stage. It had better knock the socks off us and compliment it's surroundings if they're putting it in front of the Theater. I'll take a restoration of the garden that was there before too!

Rasvar

That pond did not do anything for me, so I'm all for it's paving, and that dinosaur and boat can be moved too. The dinosaur should move in with Chester and Hester, and that boat can be moved to Disney Springs.
There used to be a reason for the pond. Granted that view has been severely degraded with time.
sbe003712LARGE.jpg

Seabasealpha1

mmmkay...two things...

The first one... That stage that was there on opening night for the big show they put on in front of the theatre...was that something like they'll construct (if there is in fact a stage going there) or I guess looking at the video of it, where was the lighting system at? I don't see a roof...was there like a seperate taping or how would they best address lighting a stage without a big honkin' roof to ruin the view down the main drag?

Second thing.

When will this site stop using the hat for posts on the home page regarding this theme park? I keep seeing new stuff...and it's all using the hat and stuff still...are they waiting on the official icon or ? Better yet...if you want a giggle, why not use the hat in its current state?

Not criticizing...call it OCD...

Brer Panther

How come it takes Disney a pretty long time to BUILD things (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) and yet they're able to get rid of the hat in, like, two months?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom