Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Earful Tower on SWW poster

10982085_10152575514057035_6356977243136279673_n.jpg

roj2323

Courtesy of **************

https://twitter.com/*****/status/567758150389227520

Edit: Oops, guess I can't name that Twitter here. Well, credit to this Twitter account haha
If the work site is pretty clean but that's kind of common for Disney projects. What's interesting to me however is the plastic sheeting that's laid out underneath that I'm sure is there in part to catch things that fall off as they are cutting things away but it makes me wonder why they're protecting the concrete when the reality is we think it's being ripped out eventually. Even the planter railings are still there, it's just weird.

Last edited:

roj2323

Supposed to rain all night so I wouldn't be surprised to see no progress in the morning.
It's supposed to be stupid cold as well. Thursday night we have freeze warnings in some areas. I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any progress until saturday morning.

Goofyernmost

If the work site is pretty clean but that's kind of common for Disney projects. What's interesting to me however is the plastic sheeting that's laid out underneath that I'm sure is there in part to catch things that fall off as they are cutting things away but it makes me wonder why they're protecting the concrete when the reality is we think it's being ripped out eventually. Even the planter railings are still there, it's just weird.
Just a guess here, but, there is a lot of falling junk in this project from pieces of metal to bolts that they might be taking out, angle iron, etc. If it falls on a tarp type like thing it is easily picked up and not a risk to all those rubber tired vehicles that they are running around there. If the railings aren't in the way and it can wait until the structure is below fence level, why not wait. It might just be easier.

It's supposed to be stupid cold as well. Thursday night we have freeze warnings in some areas. I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any progress until saturday morning.
They'll have those 2000 degree torches to keep them warm so cold shouldn't be a problem, but, rain would be. Not for the torches, but, for the operators.

Next Big Thing

Maybe the walls will come down, we'll get a temp stage for SWW, then they'll begin construction on the permanent stage?

erwinalber4

Maybe the walls will come down, we'll get a temp stage for SWW, then they'll begin construction on the permanent stage?
This is what I was thinking too. I just can't see them finishing the demo and building a new permanent stage in time for SWW. Would also explain the blank spot on the park maps. I'm guessing walls will come down for SWW and possibly through summer and then work beginning in autumn on the more permanent stage. Please note I have absolutely zero facts just a feeling that this may be the case.

Jwhee

Maybe the temp SWW stage will happen. Remember, when the hat is gone there will be an elevated concrete circle that was left over from the pin shop floor.

Brad Bishop

Maybe they're going to repurpose the concrete under the hat as the new stage?

JLipnick

a freeze warning doesn't qualify for stupid cold. sorry, but -10 might... (wishing i lived in florida now where all i was worried about was a freeze warning). Its all relative...

NearTheEars

a freeze warning doesn't qualify for stupid cold. sorry, but -10 might... (wishing i lived in florida now where all i was worried about was a freeze warning). Its all relative...

For those of us that have been down here for a few years, it is stupid cold.
I think I've already lost my tolerance. Back home, 50 used to mean break out the shorts.
Now, it's break out that winter coat in the back of the closet.

HRHPrincessAriel

For FL it could. I live in SE Texas if we have ice it's an issue. Our cities are not equipped for cold like that. Why should they be? Cold like that doesn't happen often. It would be stupid to spend $ on equipment that would be rarely needed. If it freezes on the road people don't know how to drive because it's not our normal. I don't know why people always discount that.

I'm not rolling my eyes at people from cold weather climates that can't handle our TX heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom