Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It looks like the Tower of Terror is going to be the new Icon for Hollywood Studios. The My Disney Experience app now shows Cinderella's Castle for Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth for Epcot, Tree of Life for Animal Kingdom and Tower of Terror for Hollywood Studios.

Personally I don't think they have any idea what they want the new icon to be.

Rose&Crowner

It looks like the Tower of Terror is going to be the new Icon for Hollywood Studios. The My Disney Experience app now shows Cinderella's Castle for Magic Kingdom, Spaceship Earth for Epcot, Tree of Life for Animal Kingdom and Tower of Terror for Hollywood Studios.

Clearly this is not an exact science.

image.jpg
image.jpg

jdmdisney99

Ahhh, but nobody knows the Earful Tower exists because the Sorcerer's Hat has been the icon and marketed at the icon for over 10 years. When Disney-MGM Studios first opened the Earful Tower was actually the icon.
It was marketed that way. So if they chose to market it that way again.....people would start to look for the tower, recognize the tower, and identify the tower with Hollywood Studios.

It's all a matter of marketing....and Disney excels at that.
Wait, why am I quoted? :confused:

Cesar R M

Yeah, they are currently marketing both.. I honestly don't think people need a huge icon to know what park they are in. It says "Disney's Hollywood Studios" on the entrance gate and on the animation courtyard arch and you should already know it's hollywood themed by the entrance architecture. If people actually do not know a park from an other and solely use icons to know what park then they are obviously first time visitors. I'm 99.9 percent sure all of us are not those people. I personally want the Earful Tower to be the official icon, but the people who manage MDE had other thoughts even though the Disney Design Group (the people who create all the merchandise designs) is using Earful Tower on all merchandise.. It's probably going switch between the two in future.

And you can see the Earful
Tower through the remaining Hat's ear odly enough. I'm hoping it will be much more visible if/when the expansion where backlot tour was happens.
the earful tower is very easy to spot before the turn for entering disney hollywood studios (from the main avenue).

I think its visible enough. Just not from the front of the park.

BrerJon

Throwback time!

That video should be compulsory viewing for anyone who thinks the BAH was a good idea, especially the explanation of the theatre at 8:25.

It's also sad to see how far the company has fallen. Watch Michael Eisner's comments at around the 4:45 mark, where he pretty much defines the Disney way of doing things as the opposite of how they are done in the Staggs/Iger era.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom