Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Gator

And while they're at it, why not throw in flashback scenes of the Castle Cake & SSE wand? Call the ride: Soarin' Over Bad Ideas.

Bu-huh. Bu-huh-huh. While I never saw the cake outside of some ghastly photos, I saw the wand and thought it was a nice touch for the few years it was there. I was OK with SSE with and without the wand. I'm all about adding a little bit of Mickey to everything. He is, after all, the personification of Disney. You can't think Disney without thinking Mickey. And what character of Mickey's is more popular than Sorcerer Mickey. So it sorta makes sense to include Sorcerer Mickey at different parts of the parks. Buuuuuut, clearly many don't want Mickey to interfere with whatever they think the themeparks to be. Just be hidden, Mickey. That's all they want from you.

Bing Bong

Bu-huh. Bu-huh-huh. While I never saw the cake outside of some ghastly photos, I saw the wand and thought it was a nice touch for the few years it was there. I was OK with SSE with and without the wand. I'm all about adding a little bit of Mickey to everything. He is, after all, the personification of Disney. You can't think Disney without thinking Mickey. And what character of Mickey's is more popular than Sorcerer Mickey. So it sorta makes sense to include Sorcerer Mickey at different parts of the parks. Buuuuuut, clearly many don't want Mickey to interfere with whatever they think the themeparks to be. Just be hidden, Mickey. That's all they want from you.
And some people don't just see Disney as Mickey... Especially when a lot of properties, parks, movies, ideas within the company are not related to him.

elchippo

Any idea if those architectural elements that were removed from the roof of the Chinese Theatre will be restored? I would think if it's in full view, they'd want it fully restored for accuracy...

note2001

And some people don't just see Disney as Mickey... Especially when a lot of properties, parks, movies, ideas within the company are not related to him.

Yup. As a kid growing up, Mickey equated to Disney Cartoons (The best cartoons in the world at that point in time ;) )
The theme parks did not involve Mickey in my mind at all, and still to this day I find it little bit odd that there are character meet and greets in EPCOT. I can ignore them easily enough, and some are just fun and out of the norm to see anywhere else (Mary Poppins, Mulan & Mushu etc.)

Rescue Ranger

When all is said and done and we get star wars, etc....has there been talk of re-naming the park again?
I'd say it's time to take the "Hollywood" out and just call it Disney Studios.

Yes, there will be an element of old hollywood still there, but I think it makes more sense. They just better always and forever keep the citizens of holywood. It will be a very very sad day if they every leave. They are always a highlight of every single visit :happy:

Steel City Magic

Bu-huh. Bu-huh-huh. While I never saw the cake outside of some ghastly photos, I saw the wand and thought it was a nice touch for the few years it was there. I was OK with SSE with and without the wand. I'm all about adding a little bit of Mickey to everything. He is, after all, the personification of Disney.
unfortunately, everytime I've been there disney was mucking around with something. My first trip was castle cake. Then the wand then the hat. Good god that cake was terrible. Think half inflated macys ballon draped over the castle.

Last edited:

DisneyGentleman

I must admit it - after years of griping here, I would never have guessed that the BAH, the Space Mountain Arcade, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience would ever go away.

And in my very wildest fit of imagination, I could not have expected they would all go away at the same time.

All that and new lasers at Illuminations, turrets on the Chinese theatre. Daresay I ask - are monorail extensions next?

Crazydisneyfanluke

I must admit it - after years of griping here, I would never have guessed that the BAH, the Space Mountain Arcade, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience would ever go away.

And in my very wildest fit of imagination, I could not have expected they would all go away at the same time.

All that and new lasers at Illuminations, turrets on the Chinese theatre. Daresay I ask - are monorail extensions next?
Its a shame the Richard Petty Driving Experience is closing. Every time i drive past there seems to be no action occurring on the race track. Hopefully, they use this space wisely.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom