Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

asianway

Im sorry, what does the 'park icon' have to do with efficient demolition? There's plenty of quick, safe demolitions out there. No is expecting TDO to strap dynamite to the hat and implode it. You and I can agree to disagree here. I believe they have given this project to the lowest bidder and their primary concern is saving costs -- over efficiency. If you want to look at this eye sore for the next 2 months and thank TDO for it....you be my guest.
I for one am savoring the tear down taking so long.

erclvrb18

My point that they should just leave it up and let nature rot it down. That was what the poster quoted and that was what was dripping with sarcasm. I still stand by my point that they are taking the cheap way out here and as park guests, despite paying the same admission with walls up all over the place, we're simply forced to deal with it.
I wouldn't even explain myself lol.... the hat is ugly and cheep... if you are as annoyed as I am just waiting for it to finally go away... then get it on out there ha... if ppl don't like it... then they can go stick some vintage (at this point) post cards of a big pointy hat on there little wall of worship since its that important....

spacemt354

Chili's
My point that they should just leave it up and let nature rot it down. That was what the poster quoted and that was what was dripping with sarcasm. I still stand by my point that they are taking the cheap way out here and as park guests, despite paying the same admission with walls up all over the place, we're simply forced to deal with it.
Nobody is forcing guests to go to the park either.

If a guest feels like the experience will be ruined with construction all over the place and hats have demolished, then they shouldn't go. That being said, construction hasn't stopped people from going to the parks in the past though.

Also the hat isn't some umbrella that just folds up after sitting there for over a decade. It takes a while to tear down safely. If I remember right it's only been about a month and look how far it's gotten...give it another few weeks and we will have our long awaited Chinese Theater view back..

halltd

I've been super excited for this thing to come down ever since it was officially announced last year. I was even ok with them taking it down in full view because I didn't think it would be a lengthy process. But, now that the destruction has been visible for over a month, I'm really wondering why they didn't scaffold around this (at least the bottom half) with a scrim to preserve some type of visual integrity to the park.

The Magic Kingdom was built on top of tunnels just so guests wouldn't see costumes in the incorrect land or garbage being emptied. Now things like this are acceptable? It breaks a tiny piece of my heart knowing that vision is now gone from park operations.

jdmdisney99

v4j4izS.gif

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting that it is a sign company.
My first thought of course are the missing spires, but would they have a sign company do those instead of BVCC?

The instead of BVCC part is easy to explain, it's not unusual to contract out things that BVCC might have done. The real question is, why a sign company and not someone other outside contractor.

note2001

The instead of BVCC part is easy to explain, it's not unusual to contract out things that BVCC might have done. The real question is, why a sign company and not someone other outside contractor.
Every company has to start somewhere with Disney, if they can do the job, why not?
or... Maybe they'll be neon. :D

note2001

They aren't exactly "starting" with Disney, Disney has used them since at least 1991.
So I limited the choices too much... need to insert a third, because as funny as it would be to hear all the Theater lovers groan, I really doubt they'll be neon spires.

Choice 3: They can do the job: they have availability, experience, and are priced right.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

So I limited the choices too much... need to insert a third, because as funny as it would be to hear all the Theater lovers groan, I really doubt they'll be neon spires.

Choice 3: They can do the job: they have availability, experience, and are priced right.
Obviously. A company that can hoist up signs can hoist up spires.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom