Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

djkidkaz

I'm guessing all that's gone in today's update is the gold and clear trim that was the ears. I'll be surprised if it's even all gone from both sides.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm guessing all that's gone in today's update is the gold and clear trim that was the ears. I'll be surprised if it's even all gone from both sides.

They cut slots in the trim on the one ear to expose the steel which leads me to believe they may not remove all the trim, but just cut the steel and take it apart in chunks.

tirian

Here's a small version of the first computer screen wallpaper I put on my computer from WDW. When we got back from our first trip, all we wanted to do is get back to that place with the Hat. And now it is no more.
Okay, we get it. It's okay to disagree, but at some point you've got to drop it or you sound like a troll.

Now let's watch the response if/when that permanent stage gets built.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Here's a small version of the first computer screen wallpaper I put on my computer from WDW. When we got back from our first trip, all we wanted to do is get back to that place with the Hat. And now it is no more.

see that thing in front, the 100 years of magic sign...the hat was supposed to be gone the next year along with that sign...it was never supposed to stay longer than that, but Disney got cheap.

WelshBatman

Ya know after I saw this I realized that I didn't hate the hat as much as I thought I did. I just really hated the location. I don't know why, but I'm starting to agree that the hat could have been better served elsewhere. I missed the old view and I can't wait till the rest of this thing is gone but this picture made me think that the hat wasn't as bad as I thought, just the placement wasn't right.

Last edited:
Gotta chime in and say how happy I am that this is finally happening. It's so surreal to see it finally come down, it's a strange feeling.

To anyone who liked or loved the hat, I'm sorry you're losing something you enjoyed. But just like I learned to enjoy the hat, you all will also soon love the view of the Chinese Theater.

Kman101

The sadness you feel over losing the hat ... that's the sadness most felt when the hat was left up for 14 years destroying the view.

The hat should have been built where they originally intended it to be built.

When will Disney realize (they used to know this) that you spend the money and do it right the first time and then you won't have to go through this (much like the refurb on Mermaid, shoulda done it right the first time and they wouldn't have to do the updates now ...). I mean, how hard is it?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The sadness you feel over losing the hat ... that's the sadness most felt when the hat was left up for 14 years destroying the view.

The hat should have been built where they originally intended it to be built.

When will Disney realize (they used to know this) that you spend the money and do it right the first time and then you won't have to go through this (much like the refurb on Mermaid, shoulda done it right the first time and they wouldn't have to do the updates now ...). I mean, how hard is it?

If it wasn't hard, everybody would be doing it! :p

That's no excuse for Disney though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom