Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

TomP

No, Echo Lake is being transformed into Dagobah. From Wookiepedia:

"Dagobah was a harsh, humid, swampy planet, mostly covered in shallow marshland, interspersed with stifling forests and at least one cave. There were very few truly open bodies of water on the planet: the water supply was thinly invested throughout the planet's main habitat, swampland, although there were vast expanses of mud fields. Dagobah was home to many creatures, such as bogwings, dragonsnakes, nudj, sleens, vine snakes, and swamp slugs. Examples of flora included the Adder moss, the Hassling, Gnarltree and Meat flower. The planet was devoid of any advanced civilization."

Doesn't this just scream "Florida theme park"?

This habitat occurs naturally here in many parts of Florida. No need for a theme park to reproduce it. ;)

WelshBatman

Anyone mind posting them anyway? Could still be good to keep an eye on it...

...yeah...yeah just in case they put it all up again last night without us seeing it.... yeah... heh heh heh... would serve us right to await the new destruction pictures every day only to see the hat totally rebuilt. Come to think of it, that would be an awesome April Fools prank on all of us... maybe that's why it seems like it's taking so long for the hat to come down...

Cesar R M

...yeah...yeah just in case they put it all up again last night without us seeing it.... yeah... heh heh heh... would serve us right to await the new destruction pictures every day only to see the hat totally rebuilt. Come to think of it, that would be an awesome April Fools prank on all of us... maybe that's why it seems like it's taking so long for the hat to come down...
Ub57j2r.gif

Bolt

Why are they putting Tower of Terror as an icon? Nothing represents a Disney theme park better than an old dilapidated haunted hotel right?
I know - they need to fix that building. It looks like it got struck my lightning, heck, one of the letters in the neon doesn't work. Even the elevators aren't up to code. Plus, the line goes through a boiler room, that's just lazy, no theming!

#yearofathousandcuts

Mouse_Trap

To add to the conversation, I love Disney we all do that's why we're here. I disagree with some things they do and I love most of what they do. I've seen a lot of positive improvements lately and I may be in the wishful thinking category here but I think we have a lot of positive things coming after infastructure upgrades. The removal of the BAH, Hub redevelopment at MK are all setting the foundation for new and great things whether it be new nightime entertainment to new attractions and lands. Again I may be in the minority here but I love FLE and the Little Mermaid ride is a great dark ride. Is it what we expected based on the original concept? No, but it's a solid dark ride overall. One of my favorites at MK. Same for 7DMT I like it for what it is, a glorified kiddie coaster. I never expected Everest or even BTMR. Plus we know, even though it's not confirmed, that DHS is in for a lot of upgrades soon and same with DAK. WDW is headed in the right direction lately and even though it doesn't mean new E-tickets every year like Universal it's a foundation for great things to come. Remember UNI is playing catch up right now. WDW pulls in a lot more people and therefore doesn't have to open E-ticket after E-ticket. As hardcore fans who visit regularly this may be upsetting but most if not all of us will still go and enjoy our visit at the end of the day. UNI is where WDW was in the 80s and 90s looking to expand where WDW has reached it's long term expansion goals to this point. Nobody will ever agree on whether a new addition is good or not but MM+, FLE, ect is still accepted and loved by many. I for one, enjoy being able to reserve FP+ and have never had an issue with magicbands or MDE. I know that can't be said for everyone but the glitches will be worked out in time. I'm excited for what's to come and the BAH removal is a step in the right direction. Now I'll go back to snorting my pixie dust or whatever y'all call it.

Right now, I think most fans would settle for 1 new E ticket. I kind of agree with what you're saying, but there really isn't any excuse for the stagnation of top rides.

It's been 9 years since the last E ticket opened (EE) and with no current construction on anything resembling a new E ticket (although the Avatar Soarin clone could potentially come close...we wait to see), I think it's safe to say there will be a whole decade without a new top tier attraction in the whole of WDW.

I get that sometimes you only need to flesh out the existing parks, but you do need headliners to pull in the crowds. I guess the major problem is that the crowds just keep on coming.

The management of WDW should be ashamed just how much they have let Universal Orlando catch-up in the last decade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom