Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Seabasealpha1

For example? Not doubting you, just curious.
Well, for example...

It's really friggin' awesome to get insider knowledge and history from certain members. For example, I greatly enjoy anything posted by Marni. His videos are something I could tune into all day long...and his knowledge comes into play here a lot. It's nice to have a place where you can go discuss this little obsession a lot of us have. God knows my wife wouldn't mind sticking a sock down my throat on occasion...it's a release!

Also, we get great trip updates from folks who are there and are members of these forums. Which, can be really handy if you're headed to the parks in a time frame close to theirs...you might know what to look for. If,for example you were a first-tripper (to the tune of Day Tripper) and you joined up...ask anything and there's a plethora of caring folks (myself included) who are more than happy to share a multitude of tips and opinions to help you along...

This thread we're on now is awesome...a lot of us are anti-hat. Every morning we get up and it brightens our mornings to see what kinda delectable carnage the demo guys have brought forth with their saws and torches...it's cool that we get updates on a constant basis about what might be going on in the parks...I feel like I'm a little more in the "know" for it...regardless of if some of it is speculation or rumor...

It can be overwhelming...but I mean... I joined up because I'm hungry for knowledge about a lot of this stuff and I have a crazy love of everything nostalgic...and out of a lot of forums out there..I picked this one because it has good structure and good members...and I guess all of the above is what I kinda mean...

As Jeff Spicoli once said: "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine..."

That work? :)

Magenta Panther

Well, for example...

It's really friggin' awesome to get insider knowledge and history from certain members. For example, I greatly enjoy anything posted by Marni. His videos are something I could tune into all day long...and his knowledge comes into play here a lot. It's nice to have a place where you can go discuss this little obsession a lot of us have. God knows my wife wouldn't mind sticking a sock down my throat on occasion...it's a release!

Also, we get great trip updates from folks who are there and are members of these forums. Which, can be really handy if you're headed to the parks in a time frame close to theirs...you might know what to look for. If,for example you were a first-tripper (to the tune of Day Tripper) and you joined up...ask anything and there's a plethora of caring folks (myself included) who are more than happy to share a multitude of tips and opinions to help you along...

This thread we're on now is awesome...a lot of us are anti-hat. Every morning we get up and it brightens our mornings to see what kinda delectable carnage the demo guys have brought forth with their saws and torches...it's cool that we get updates on a constant basis about what might be going on in the parks...I feel like I'm a little more in the "know" for it...regardless of if some of it is speculation or rumor...

It can be overwhelming...but I mean... I joined up because I'm hungry for knowledge about a lot of this stuff and I have a crazy love of everything nostalgic...and out of a lot of forums out there..I picked this one because it has good structure and good members...and I guess all of the above is what I kinda mean...

As Jeff Spicoli once said: "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine..."

That work? :)

This is the best Disney forum out there, bar none. :)

articos

Actually...I think it's the Tower of Terror! Not what I expected!
It is Tower. I think a lot of people put more thought into what the "icon" of the park is here than most of the people in Marketing do actually. In this case, it's a stock banner that doesn't signify anything of note really. They just needed something that would say DHS for the calendar page banner and that image was what they used. DHS's icon can be the water tower or Tower of Terror interchangeably. Technically, it's the Earful Tower still, but ToT is used a lot.

Seabasealpha1

It is Tower. I think a lot of people put more thought into what the "icon" of the park is here than most of the people in Marketing do actually. In this case, it's a stock banner that doesn't signify anything of note really. They just needed something that would say DHS for the calendar page banner and that image was what they used. DHS's icon can be the water tower or Tower of Terror interchangeably. Technically, it's the Earful Tower still, but ToT is used a lot.
seems like a vague looking little icon...i had to look it over a few times... :(

erwinalber4

To add to the conversation, I love Disney we all do that's why we're here. I disagree with some things they do and I love most of what they do. I've seen a lot of positive improvements lately and I may be in the wishful thinking category here but I think we have a lot of positive things coming after infastructure upgrades. The removal of the BAH, Hub redevelopment at MK are all setting the foundation for new and great things whether it be new nightime entertainment to new attractions and lands. Again I may be in the minority here but I love FLE and the Little Mermaid ride is a great dark ride. Is it what we expected based on the original concept? No, but it's a solid dark ride overall. One of my favorites at MK. Same for 7DMT I like it for what it is, a glorified kiddie coaster. I never expected Everest or even BTMR. Plus we know, even though it's not confirmed, that DHS is in for a lot of upgrades soon and same with DAK. WDW is headed in the right direction lately and even though it doesn't mean new E-tickets every year like Universal it's a foundation for great things to come. Remember UNI is playing catch up right now. WDW pulls in a lot more people and therefore doesn't have to open E-ticket after E-ticket. As hardcore fans who visit regularly this may be upsetting but most if not all of us will still go and enjoy our visit at the end of the day. UNI is where WDW was in the 80s and 90s looking to expand where WDW has reached it's long term expansion goals to this point. Nobody will ever agree on whether a new addition is good or not but MM+, FLE, ect is still accepted and loved by many. I for one, enjoy being able to reserve FP+ and have never had an issue with magicbands or MDE. I know that can't be said for everyone but the glitches will be worked out in time. I'm excited for what's to come and the BAH removal is a step in the right direction. Now I'll go back to snorting my pixie dust or whatever y'all call it.

Matt_Black

tumblr_inline_n5kao2Be7X1rxlg8g.gif

Ba-da-la-la-la-la-la!

BrerJon

This is the best Disney forum out there, bar none. :)

Yup I've tried a few and this one is technologically the easiest and most pleasant to use, has the best design, and the most intelligent and informed members of any of them. You also never know who everyone is in reality, but stay here long enough and it becomes apparent it's safe to assume they know their stuff, which is not true elsewhere.

I don't think any of the other boards would have hat demolition threads that consisted of much beyond the odd picture and a few complaints or hopes for the future.

This one, however, covers the specifics of architecture and construction, history, the plans and past for the theatre and analysis of the different ways the hat impacts imagineering. I haven't seen anywhere else covering all that in such depth.

The Rocketeer

To add to the conversation, I love Disney we all do that's why we're here. I disagree with some things they do and I love most of what they do. I've seen a lot of positive improvements lately and I may be in the wishful thinking category here but I think we have a lot of positive things coming after infastructure upgrades. The removal of the BAH, Hub redevelopment at MK are all setting the foundation for new and great things whether it be new nightime entertainment to new attractions and lands. Again I may be in the minority here but I love FLE and the Little Mermaid ride is a great dark ride. Is it what we expected based on the original concept? No, but it's a solid dark ride overall. One of my favorites at MK. Same for 7DMT I like it for what it is, a glorified kiddie coaster. I never expected Everest or even BTMR. Plus we know, even though it's not confirmed, that DHS is in for a lot of upgrades soon and same with DAK. WDW is headed in the right direction lately and even though it doesn't mean new E-tickets every year like Universal it's a foundation for great things to come. Remember UNI is playing catch up right now. WDW pulls in a lot more people and therefore doesn't have to open E-ticket after E-ticket. As hardcore fans who visit regularly this may be upsetting but most if not all of us will still go and enjoy our visit at the end of the day. UNI is where WDW was in the 80s and 90s looking to expand where WDW has reached it's long term expansion goals to this point. Nobody will ever agree on whether a new addition is good or not but MM+, FLE, ect is still accepted and loved by many. I for one, enjoy being able to reserve FP+ and have never had an issue with magicbands or MDE. I know that can't be said for everyone but the glitches will be worked out in time. I'm excited for what's to come and the BAH removal is a step in the right direction. Now I'll go back to snorting my pixie dust or whatever y'all call it.
I agree completely!

The Rocketeer

I would be really upset if the Earful tower wasn't the icon at all. It's front and center on the new Starbucks cups, it's on other merchandise, and it's on the construction walls so I do think it is going to be used. I understand that new guests want something big, which explains the whole MDE representation of the park. I say why don't they put a large Earful Tower on the webside and make it look as big as TOT. I'm just hoping with whatever they do in place of the Backlot Tour, the Earful Tower will more visible. I'm not saying it isn't visible from anywhere else in the park, but if you could see more of it people wouldn't say "you can't see the water tower in the park anymore."

SnarkyMonkey

I'm going to have to disagree with part of this. I do know people who worship anything Disney does simply for the sake that Disney is doing it. Not for the merit, or creativity, or anything like that - worship simply because it is Disney.

There will always be disagreements about what we like/don't like. But for some, Disney can't possibly do anything we don't like because they are infallible Disney.

Ok. Let's assume that you are right. What I really want to know is why does that bother you and others so very much? Why can't they like everything that Disney does if they want to? A lot of effort goes in to killing a buzz around this place. Let the happy people be happy.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ok. Let's assume that you are right. What I really want to know is why does that bother you and others so very much? Why can't they like everything that Disney does if they want to? A lot of effort goes in to killing a buzz around this place. Let the happy people be happy.
Happy people can be happy as much as they desire. Still doesn't mean things won't be discussed, particularly on a forum as this....

Kman101

I disagree that people are intentionally trying to "kill the happy buzz" (and yes, some are far more negative than they need to be, IMO). It's up to you how you react to something. Want to be happy, be happy. It goes both ways. It's not that hard to ignore posts you may not agree with.

And yes, there are many things they're doing at WDW that I'm happy about. I visit the parks still. I don't walk around miserable and nitpick when I'm there.

The point is, most of us SHOULDN'T be nitpicking because WDW shouldn't be at the point that we do nitpick. People act like so many of us just go out of our way to knock on those who like things. No. (Well, maybe some I'd guess). No, it seems to me the ones who want to "be happy" jump on everyone else, derail threads with arguments that make it clear the two sides just aren't going to agree. Again, respect of opinion works both ways.

You can like that hat all you want. You can like Frozen all you want. It doesn't make where they went and where they are going the right places.

Matt_Black

Happy people can be happy as much as they desire. Still doesn't mean things won't be discussed, particularly on a forum as this....

I think he was more referring to the dismissive or condescending tone that often comes up in response to the happy people. If someone says they're excited for the new Frozen attraction in Epcot, you can bet someone else will comment about how they have low standards and things were better in the 1980s and other "MY tastes are clearly more refined and nuanced than yours" type talk.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think he was more referring to the dismissive or condescending tone that often comes up in response to the happy people. If someone says they're excited for the new Frozen attraction in Epcot, you can bet someone else will comment about how they have low standards and things were better in the 1980s and other "MY tastes are clearly more refined and nuanced than yours" type talk.
Well, unfortunately it's all part and parcel of a forum such as this. On both sides of the aisle. Regrettable....

Kman101

I do see that happen.

I appreciate those who have a vast understanding of how the 'World' was in the 70s and early 80s. But that doesn't mean someone can't appreciate things there now, or appreciate the way things were and be happy about some changes.

My argument towards the hat and the Frozen ride are they just simply aren't thematically appropriate where they were and where they are going. In My Opinion. Doesn't mean I hate them.

Too many people are so quick to jump in with their "I know it all" attitude and it often leads to sniping back and forth and derailing a thread. Partly why I'm not posting as often. The nasty sarcasm, the condescending posts ... And there are also many who have amazing knowledge of the parks, and share it without talking down to the other posters and saying "No, that's wrong this is right and I'm going to argue with you until you agree"

But anyway .... I love reading and posting on WDWMagic. We've had disagreements, I've had disagreements with others, and I don't always agree with many posts, but you read it, shrug your shoulders and move on. That's life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom