Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

JohnD

My head can't even handle the idea that you just compared the BAH to Mr. Toad or 20K.

Offering appeasement to those who miss the BAH. See my reply to the earlier post who said they grew up with the BAH and will miss it but agree it detracted from the intention of the park. I share that sentiment and will miss the hat but not where it was located. My idea was offered in that fashion. If it helps, I see your point. Those were vastly revered compared to the BAH. I get it.

NYwdwfan

Offering appeasement to those who miss the BAH. See my reply to the earlier post who said they grew up with the BAH and will miss it but agree it detracted from the intention of the park. I share that sentiment and will miss the hat but not where it was located. My idea was offered in that fashion.

I get that - but the hat - a decoration - was in no way the equivalent of the only E ticket to ever close in a park.

The Rocketeer

Whatever is constructed around it, I doubt the tower is going anywhere. If anything, once construction is finished, guests should see more of it as I doubt the former site of the tour will be anything other than an expansion for new lands and attractions, so they should be able to walk right up to it.
I agree 100%.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Got a call from Disney today. No chance of getting a piece of the Hat. The CM was as bummed as me that it was going away. She had started the year they started building it so it's always been there. Now it's not. All that, and it still didn't help me get one measley scrap of blue. Not only is it going away, but it's going away without a trace. And that sucks.

Do we think Disney will eventually sell pieces?

Admiral01

Premium Member
Well you take away the hat what would you use to represent the park now? The other 3 parks can be described with, The castle, The ball, and the tree. I think most people would say Disney Studios...the one that used to have the hat. Your going to have to put in another landmark

It's not a ball - it's a geodesic sphere.

Come on people!!! Can we talk about Space Ship Earth like the architectural marvel that it is!?!

End of rant. Thank you.

Brian

Well... at least we know where the top of the hat (affectionately known as the "hat nipple") is going now!

dsajkl654322thumb.jpg

(Disney California Adventure, on top of their theatre, for the 60th celebration)

Not really, though. Just trying to lighten the mood!

Admiral01

Premium Member
Well... at least we know where the top of the hat (affectionately known as the "hat nipple") is going now!

dsajkl654322thumb.jpg

(Disney California Adventure, on top of their theatre, for the 60th celebration)

Not really, though. Just trying to lighten the mood!

I just saw the pictures of Disneyland 60th anniversary decorations. I wonder how long their own BAHN will be atop the theater at DCA?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
it's on the backlot tour isn't it? you can't make the landmark of your park something that has been shut down or about to be replaced. The TOT i guess would be the best choice but not sure a ride should be the representation of that parks essence.

The hat was always inaccessible. Technically it wasn't on the tour either.

Not saying it will be, but the Tower Hotel would be fitting as a symbol for a park based on adventures in Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom