Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Haymarket2008

I'm still thinking that the Earful tower is the "icon" of the park. Why would it be on the hat deconstruction walls if it wasn't? My guess on the ToT being central on that marketing is that first time guests probably assume that there has to be a 200ft building to know what park your in... Atleast we get the view of the theater. I still really don't like the marketing officials...

Edit: from WDW's Twitter accountView attachment 80595they refer to it as the Earffel Tower and it states that it is the icon, which I'm completely fine with, but atleast make either the Earful/Earffel Tower or the Theater front and center with the marketing ...

Yeah, I totally agree. Despite Tower of Terror being on the website, the Earful Tower does seem to be the new icon. New merchandise has it, the construction wall around the BAH has it, AND a friend told me that it is the featured icon on the Magical Express video as of recently.

FigmentJedi

Pretty much everything is fake if you don't believe in it. The tree of life is a focal point, and the heart of the entire Animal Kingdom. I liked the hat and i liked the wand over Epcot. If your going to build fake things, then do it Vegas style.
thisisbait.png

The Rocketeer

Yeah, I totally agree. Despite Tower of Terror being on the website, the Earful Tower does seem to be the new icon. New merchandise has it, the construction wall around the BAH has it, AND a friend told me that it is the featured icon on the Magical Express video as of recently.
I've heard also the "must see's" show at the resorts has it on there as well as the vacation planning dvd. I think if it's on merchandise then it's safe to say it's what they are going for. :)

JohnD

You know I have never known DHS/MGM without the hat. So, it is a little sad to see it go, from a nostalgic standpoint. That is how a lot of people remember the park, how they identify it from their younger years. But people need to look at it in context. It completely detracts from the theme of the area. It is quite the shame that people today, including my close family, do not comprehend theme parks as an independent art form. They are meant to encapsulate you in a sense of time and place, just as you are sucked into a book or movie for a certain period of time. Alas, I will miss it. It is what I know, and it's how I'll always remember my younger years with my family in the park. But I will be just as happy to see something finally done there.

Couldn't have said it better. Exactly the right sentiment to have about (I'll be nice) The Sorcerer's Hat.

kucarachi

How about removing the hat to simply give a better view overall? And a different focal point....

Well you take away the hat what would you use to represent the park now? The other 3 parks can be described with, The castle, The ball, and the tree. I think most people would say Disney Studios...the one that used to have the hat. Your going to have to put in another landmark

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Pretty much everything is fake if you don't believe in it. The tree of life is a focal point, and the heart of the entire Animal Kingdom. I liked the hat and i liked the wand over Epcot. If your going to build fake things, then do it Vegas style.

Does this mean everything is real if I do believe in it? What is fake and what is real anyway? Is not the fake theater a real structure? Will any semblance of sentience be left once my atoms are dispersed to the stars?

JohnD

Well you take away the hat what would you use to represent the park now? The other 3 parks can be described with, The castle, The ball, and the tree. I think most people would say Disney Studios...the one that used to have the hat. Your going to have to put in another landmark

Why? HS was without the hat for 13 years, with the hat for 14 until ALMOST now. I repeat again from an earlier post. Why must there be another icon to squat in the middle of the park obstructing the original view as intended? Earful Tower is a recognizable icon for HS. Why not that?

kucarachi

Sorry didn't think opinions were bait. If you want something that ties in a Chinese Movie theater, An old time Hollywood restaurant, A Frozen singalong, Preschool puppet musical, and a big Dinosaur in the middle of a lake then yes i agree a big sparkly hat is a ridiculous idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom