Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Gator

I wonder if there's a chance of purchasing or just getting a piece of the Hat. I'm sure most of you would love to get a piece just so you could do something diabolical and obscene to it, but I'd actually love to have a square of the blue metal just as a nostalgic piece of history from my favorite Icon from my very first trip in 2002. If it's not going back up, having it my living room would be a decent replacement.

Got a call from Disney today. No chance of getting a piece of the Hat. The CM was as bummed as me that it was going away. She had started the year they started building it so it's always been there. Now it's not. All that, and it still didn't help me get one measley scrap of blue. Not only is it going away, but it's going away without a trace. And that sucks.

note2001

Got a call from Disney today. No chance of getting a piece of the Hat. The CM was as bummed as me that it was going away. She had started the year they started building it so it's always been there. Now it's not. All that, and it still didn't help me get one measley scrap of blue. Not only is it going away, but it's going away without a trace. And that sucks.

I wouldn't' want a piece of the dead body if you paid me to take it... and I liked the hat too, LOL.
It's going to be awfully hard to delete millions of photos off of the web, never mind raiding everyone's homes looking for pics of it. I suppose though, if anyone can make something go away without a trace it'd be Disney.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
If Disney was in the business of selling destroyed park features and attractions, we'd all know about it long before now. People would have purchased 20k leagues, Mr. Toad, Skyway, etc...
Heck, I'd be on eBay every day hunting down original EPCOT stuff.
Can you imagine the lawsuit they would have if someone scraped themselves on a hunk of Nautilus and got Tetanus?

dstrawn9889

If Disney was in the business of selling destroyed park features and attractions, we'd all know about it long before now. People would have purchased 20k leagues, Mr. Toad, Skyway, etc...
Heck, I'd be on eBay every day hunting down original EPCOT stuff.
Can you imagine the lawsuit they would have if someone scraped themselves on a hunk of Nautilus and got Tetanus?
or lead poisoning

RAXIP

Random tidbit: I just checked my itinerary for my upcoming trip, and the banner that indicates which park you are going to each day has the Tower of Terror as the focal point. They did away with the BAH online within a day or two.
:/
TOT icon.jpg

Edit:
Before/After
dhs header.jpg

Last edited:

Arthur Wellesley

Someone in TDO must really just HATE that theater. They'll use anything instead of it as the icon. Let's use the Earful Tower, no the ridiculous BAH, no the ToT instead. What's next, the Muppets' balloon? Or what about the animation courtyard archway? But heaven forbid we use that beautiful, already centralized, photogenic theater as our icon these days! What are they afraid of...that it's not an original Disney-created design? So what? You tell me between Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone, Toy Story, The Wizard Of Oz....what percentage of that park is actually an original Disney idea.
And now with mumblings of a *possible* alteration or removal of the theater now that the BAH is finally coming down, it just seems like Disney will do whatever it can to keep it from representing the park like it rightfully should. Tell me, TDO, what did that theater ever do to you, and why must you hate it so?

I've posted this before, & I'll post it again. It looked great as the original icon for the park, (that's right, even before you took over, Earful Tower) and it can certainly work today. Show the theater some love, and let it play the role it's supposed to play.

Last edited:

The Rocketeer

I'm still thinking that the Earful tower is the "icon" of the park. Why would it be on the hat deconstruction walls if it wasn't? My guess on the ToT being central on that marketing is that first time guests probably assume that there has to be a 200ft building to know what park your in... Atleast we get the view of the theater. I still really don't like the marketing officials...

Edit: from WDW's Twitter account
image.jpg
they refer to it as the Earffel Tower and it states that it is the icon, which I'm completely fine with, but atleast make either the Earful/Earffel Tower or the Theater front and center with the marketing ...

Last edited:

TomP

You know that with just a small amount of time using search, you would have already known that. However, isn't it nice that somebody took the time to help you out and provide a link. It's probably against the rules, but, heck it was nice them anyway. Very Disney like!

I think you have a bone stuck in your craw...but I still like you! :joyfull:

p.s. and I agree with you on this.

lazyboy97o

Someone doing phone calls more than likely is not going to know if small bits become souvenirs.

SnarkyMonkey

You know that with just a small amount of time using search, you would have already known that. However, isn't it nice that somebody took the time to help you out and provide a link. It's probably against the rules, but, heck it was nice them anyway. Very Disney like!

Ummm...what are you on about now? I didn't ask anyone for a link or to search for anything for me. I use the search function multiple times a day with great success. I was thanking someone for posting a link to what looked like an interesting thread, related to a thread topic I suggested. I don't think saying "thank you" is against the rules.

Now...after that interruption...back to your regularly scheduled thread.

FoozieBear

I'm still thinking that the Earful tower is the "icon" of the park. Why would it be on the hat deconstruction walls if it wasn't? My guess on the ToT being central on that marketing is that first time guests probably assume that there has to be a 200ft building to know what park your in... Atleast we get the view of the theater. I still really don't like the marketing officials...

Edit: from WDW's Twitter accountView attachment 80595they refer to it as the Earffel Tower and it states that it is the icon, which I'm completely fine with, but atleast make either the Earful/Earffel Tower or the Theater front and center with the marketing ...

Is this current construction, or before the park opened?

kucarachi

It is making a lot of people happy. Side note, the hat wasn't a real hat just like the theater isn't the real Chinese theater. Nor the tree of life a real tree. And so on and so forth. So not sure how that is relevant.

Pretty much everything is fake if you don't believe in it. The tree of life is a focal point, and the heart of the entire Animal Kingdom. I liked the hat and i liked the wand over Epcot. If your going to build fake things, then do it Vegas style.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Pretty much everything is fake if you don't believe in it. The tree of life is a focal point, and the heart of the entire Animal Kingdom. I liked the hat and i liked the wand over Epcot. If your going to build fake things, then do it Vegas style.
Vegas is fake.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If the goal of removing the hat was to have a better view of a fake chinese theatre then i hope it made somebody happy. I think the hat was a nice focal point and looks good in pictures, but i think they were using it to cover a bald spot.
How about removing the hat to simply give a better view overall? And a different focal point....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom