Is Riviera a DVC addition to Caribbean Beach?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I’m actually curious as to wether or not that is good or bad. I don’t know the typical sales of a DVC resort.
According to DVC News, here is the breakdown:
At 159.6 points per deed, Riviera is averaging more points per deed than its recent predecessors. Copper Creek Villas & Cabins averaged 147.8 points per deed during its active marketing period, while the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort averaged only 141.7 points. Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows trailed its sister resorts, averaging only 132.6 points per deed.

So I think by any measure, sales are going very well.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
And yet they are. Not sure how you can see it any other way. Just because they sit next to each other means nothing in the context of being "separate" resorts.
They are separate resorts but part of the same resort complex. That’s why.

Take Bahamar for example. Three separate resorts all part of the same complex. So they aren’t quite “totally” separate.

Look, it’s semantics. I just fail to see how they can be considered completely separate with this type of crossover.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
According to DVC News, here is the breakdown:
At 159.6 points per deed, Riviera is averaging more points per deed than its recent predecessors. Copper Creek Villas & Cabins averaged 147.8 points per deed during its active marketing period, while the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort averaged only 141.7 points. Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows trailed its sister resorts, averaging only 132.6 points per deed.

So I think by any measure, sales are going very well.
So they are selling in bigger chunks? But are they selling in bigger totals?

FWIW I expect any DVC to sell well these days.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

Take Bahamar for example. Three separate resorts all part of the same complex. So they aren’t quite “totally” separate.

Look, it’s semantics. I just fail to see how they can be considered completely separate with this type of crossover.
So what is the crossover? That it sits on land that used to be part of CB? Uses the Skyliner? Just don't understand what kind of crossover there is, besides it's close location. And if that's all, then you might was well consider Poly and Grand Flo, as they aren't that much farther apart.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So what is the crossover? That it sits on land that used to be part of CB? Uses the Skyliner? Just don't understand what kind of crossover there is, besides it's close location. And if that's all, then you might was well consider Poly and Grand Flo, as they aren't that much farther apart.
They aren’t that much further apart. But they are indubitably separate. In design, in function, in borders.

Like I said, it’s semantics. And Disney wants desperately for us to view them as separate. Otherwise you’re buying a moderate DVC.

Can’t fool me though.

:D

nickys

Premium Member

What crossover?

Poly, GF and Contemporary share buses in some cases. Or WL and Contemporary. Or WL and FW. The latter 3 all share boats too. So do BW and BC / YC.

Do they share facilities and resort costs? If yes, they are sister or linked resorts. If not, they are separate.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They aren’t that much further apart. But they are indubitably separate. In design, in function, in borders.

Like I said, it’s semantics. And Disney wants desperately for us to view them as separate. Otherwise you’re buying a moderate DVC.

Can’t fool me though.

:D
As we are both DVC members, I still fail to see how you cannot think of them as separate resorts. But that's ok, we can agree to disagree on that point. Will we buy points there? Probably not, as our next buy is points at BWV. Will we stay there? Absolutely!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Uncle.

I can’t do this again. I’ll keep calling it the Caribbean DVC. You guys and gals can call it The Riviera. Everyone’s happy.

Enjoy your day my friends.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So they are selling in bigger chunks? But are they selling in bigger totals?

FWIW I expect any DVC to sell well these days.
So also according to DVC News:
After only three months worth of sales, it’s too early to estimate when Riviera will sell out. However, the 114,091 points sold in June for Riviera might be indicative of what it will average in the coming months. That amount is comparable to the 110,688 points and 111,139 points averaged by the Polynesian and Copper Creek, respectively, while they were being actively marketed. If Riviera averages about 114,000 points in future sales, it would not sell out until around January 2024.

So initial selling is better than either the Poly or Copper Creek. Looks like people either don't know about the possible resale restrictions, or just don't care. I know if we would ever to decide to purchase, we'd not care about the restrictions either.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really?? So 484,759 points sold in a few months is not selling??????
I’m actually curious as to wether or not that is good or bad. I don’t know the typical sales of a DVC resort.
I saw others who track this much closer than May the point sales are not going well...but I’m not sure what number that is? And how do you gauge it?

I’m not gonna try to tell DVC advocates not to buy this...they’d never listen.

But a really bland, tower style design more befitting of a Marriott or Hilton that’s attached - cause it’s in its lake - to a moderate that opened at $49 a night and really shouldn’t cost much more adjusted for inflation is gonna quickly fall to the lower end of demand for DVC. Especially at that price. It will.

Iffy Star Wars land attached being the primary draw? Good luck with that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After only three months worth of sales, it’s too early to estimate when Riviera will sell out. However, the 114,091 points sold in June for Riviera might be indicative of what it will average in the coming months. That amount is comparable to the 110,688 points and 111,139 points averaged by the Polynesian and Copper Creek, respectively, while they were being actively marketed. If Riviera averages about 114,000 points in future sales, it would not sell out until around January 2024.

So initial selling is better than either the Poly or Copper Creek. Looks like people either don't know about the possible resale restrictions, or just don't care. I know if we would ever to decide to purchase, we'd not care about the restrictions either.
Wait...I 5 year sellout would not be good...in a drunken economy?

That would put it on like a Saratoga trajectory with 1/3 the units

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I saw others who track this much closer than May the point sales are not going well...but I’m not sure what number that is? And how do you gauge it?

I’m not gonna try to tell DVC advocates not to buy this...they’d never listen.

But a really bland, tower style design more befitting of a Marriott or Hilton that’s attached - cause it’s in its lake - to a moderate that opened at $49 a night and really shouldn’t cost much more adjusted for inflation is gonna quickly fall to the lower end of demand for DVC. Especially at that price. It will.

Iffy Star Wars land attached being the primary draw? Good luck with that.
Not sure how you can state that a resort that is selling more than 100,000 points every month as "not going well". Well, I guess you would to fit your ridiculous narrative, but that's just you.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

I think people don’t care. FWIW the resale restrictions are reason 193 why I wouldn’t buy there. The first 192 are $$$.

Minthorne

Ok...this isn’t worth litigating again - I burned out on it when they announced moderate DVC - but please try to keep in on the non-patronizing level, please??

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure how you can state that a resort that is selling more than 100,000 points every month as "not going well". Well, I guess you would to fit your ridiculous narrative, but that's just you.
Why am I getting $2000 off discount promos from them? This and Aluani?

You are familiar with aluani, correct? It’s had “issues”

...you bought this thing, didn’t you??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom