Is Riviera a DVC addition to Caribbean Beach?

apartment j

Original Poster
Will Riviera and Caribbean Beach be connected and share amenities, similar to Copper Creek, Boulder Ridge and Wilderness Lodge?

apartment j

Original Poster
Yes, you'll be able to walk between the two. Riviera is located next to Caribbean, just like Coronado and Gran Destino Tower.

Riviera is a DVC Resort, it will have it's own front desk, pool and restaurant.
Thank you. We are trying Gran Destino this winter and Riviera in the spring. I'm having a hard time keeping them straight as I learn about them. So much new Disney!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s laughable
Why? Was it a laughable question?
Your question was not.

It’s built ON TOP of the Barbados grouping...which was very much “in Caribbean” for 30 years.
I’ve never gotten this “completely” different stance. It’s not. One square pool and a gate on two paths isn’t very “distinguished”...remember that Disney never restricts resort access anyway as long as there’s a reservation to be had...

But it’s just my opinion...as evidenced by the “special deal” glossy I got in the mail for this and aulani the other day...obviously it’s selling fast 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thank you! This frank statement is exactly why I needed some clarification.
Here she is:
AF2EB142-B703-4C3D-85EC-E53496111FD2.png

nickys

Premium Member
That’s laughable

Your question was not.

It’s built ON TOP of the Barbados grouping...which was very much “in Caribbean” for 30 years.
I’ve never gotten this “completely” different stance. It’s not. One square pool and a gate on two paths isn’t very “distinguished”...remember that Disney never restricts resort access anyway as long as there’s a reservation to be had...

But it’s just my opinion...as evidenced by the “special deal” glossy I got in the mail for this and aulani the other day...obviously it’s selling fast 😂

Yes, it is built on what was part of CBR.

However CBR guests will not be free to use the Riviera pool or gym, which is what usually defines separate resorts.

For example, AKL Jambo and Kidani are part of one resort. Guests of one have the use of both pools and the gym. Same with WL, Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge. And YC and BC.

Contemporary and Bay Lake is slightly different again; BLT guests can use both pools and all facilities of Contemporary. Contemporary guests cannot use BLT amenities - not that there are actually any really other than the pool and community hall (TOTWL is a DVC only lounge).

Whilst Poly and GF guests cannot use each other’s pools. There is an arrangement there for the gym because the Poly is the only deluxe without a gym.

Technically of course it depends whether resorts share maintenance costs.

So from both facilities and maintenance cost POV, Riviera and CBR are separate resorts.

Restaurants have no bearing on it, because anyone is free to book.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That’s laughable

Your question was not.

Yes, it's completely different. What difference does it make that it was built on the same piece of land that used to have CB buildings? It has it's own lobby, check-in, 3 pools, and restaurants completely separate from CB. While resort access may not be restricted, the pool access is. You will need to be staying there for access to any of the pools. CB people will NOT have access to them.

Oh, and as of August, Riviera has sold 484,759 points. Not too shabby for a resort that's only been for sale for a few months, don't you think?

And according to your "opinion" you might as well call Yacht Club and Beach Club one resort, as they are connected. 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, it is built on what was part of CBR.

However CBR guests will not be free to use the Riviera pool or gym, which is what usually defines separate resorts.

For example, AKL Jambo and Kidani are part of one resort. Guests of one have the use of both pools and the gym. Same with WL, Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge. And YC and BC.

Contemporary and Bay Lake is slightly different again; BLT guests can use both pools and all facilities of Contemporary. Contemporary guests cannot use BLT amenities - not that there are actually any really other than the pool and community hall (TOTWL is a DVC only lounge).

Whilst Poly and GF guests cannot use each other’s pools. There is an arrangement there for the gym because the Poly is the only deluxe without a gym.

Technically of course it depends whether resorts share maintenance costs.

So from both facilities and maintenance cost POV, Riviera and CBR are separate resorts.

Restaurants have no bearing on it, because anyone is free to book.
Yes, it's completely different. What difference does it make that it was built on the same piece of land that used to have CB buildings? It has it's own lobby, check-in, 3 pools, and restaurants completely separate from CB. While resort access may not be restricted, the pool access is. You will need to be staying there for access to any of the pools. CB people will NOT have access to them.

Oh, and as of August, Riviera has sold 484,759 points. Not too shabby for a resort that's only been for sale for a few months, don't you think?

And according to your "opinion" you might as well call Yacht Club and Beach Club one resort, as they are connected. 😎
Yeah..:I got it...no pools.

It’s not selling, your thoughts?

My theory: I underestimated the customers...they sniff out a bland, moderate DVC and they aren’t biting at $192 a point.

If so...bravo!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Why? Was it a laughable question?

No, I think it’s a perfectly sound question...I only laughed because....

of the amount of time I’ve spent being sternly told that despite the fact they are spitting distance apart and sharing at least some transportation...THEY ARE TOTALLY SEPARATE. Don’t you dare act like they are at all connected. So on and so forth.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
No, I think it’s a perfectly sound question...I only laughed because....

of the amount of time I’ve spent being sternly told that despite the fact they are spitting distance apart and sharing at least some transportation...THEY ARE TOTALLY SEPARATE. Don’t you dare act like they are at all connected. So on and so forth.
They are totally separate just like Yacht Club and Beach Club are totally separate. What is so hard to understand about that? Actually, they are MORE separate since CB people can't use the Riviera pools, but YC and BC share theirs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom