Is Riviera a DVC addition to Caribbean Beach?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Snagged two nights in feb for $330 a night .. Figured, might as well give it a try.
We typically like to stay at the Yacht Club, but wanted to give this new resort a fair shake and its around the same price point assuming there will be a 35% Visa Cardmember discount as well (i'm thinking tomorrow they will be released)

nickys

Premium Member
So I'm thinking maybe it's not selling so well since Disney Visa cardholders had an offer released today for 40% off from December to March. I took advantage of it and got a 1 bedroom for 3 nights arriving 1/17 for $1600. Not bad.

When they start selling a new DVC resort, they only “declare” a certain percentage of the rooms to begin with. They sell the points against those rooms first, and then declare the second batch of rooms. That is standard practice.

The rooms which have not been declared are Disney’s to use via their central reservations office (CRO). At the start Disney will still own much more than half of the rooms.Those are the rooms they are offering in this VISA promotion.

How well the resort sells determines when they declare the next batch. Even when that happens, Disney will still own more than 50% of the rooms.

nickys

Premium Member
Just got a brochure in the mail advertising come stay at the Riviera be one of the first to stay when it opens in Dec (I'm not a DVC member) is it common practice for Disney to open DVC resorts to the public when their DVC resorts are not sold out? DVC members don't pay a parking fee would a parking fee applied to non DVC renters , do you get housekeeping ?

Renting a room direct from Disney will give you housekeeping as for any other room, but you will pay the parking fee. Disney are having to pay the maintenance fees for the undeclared rooms, which are what is being offered under this promotion.

PrincessNelly_NJ

We typically like to stay at the Yacht Club, but wanted to give this new resort a fair shake and its around the same price point assuming there will be a 35% Visa Cardmember discount as well (i'm thinking tomorrow they will be released)
Hoping so. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas then switching to Riviera. Depending on the other discounts and more feedback from the skyliner, we may still switch.

correcaminos

Renting a room direct from Disney will give you housekeeping as for any other room, but you will pay the parking fee. Disney are having to pay the maintenance fees for the undeclared rooms, which are what is being offered under this promotion.
Though if you are DVC and rent from Disney you will not pay the parking fee for DVC resorts.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

correcaminos

I saw that this morning as well. Might be due to the much longer lead time from start of sales to opening. Will be interesting to see what happens after December. Oh, and the fixed week incentives seemed to help, as they sold quite a few.
Yep, the incentives did help. We'll have to see if the slump can recover. It could be just that or a sign that DVC hit a ceiling so to speak with pricing, points per night, and/or restrictions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom