is project gemini dead

coopdog

Original Poster
With soring now being built will we see now more things happening in epcot or is project gemini dead?

jrriddle

That's a pretty heated topic around here, but I don't think anyone has devoted a thread to it.
My findings are that there's 3 different views.

1. It's dead. Project Gemini was for the most part a Blue Sky project, the plans as seen at Hill's sute will never be done.

2. It's alive. Things have are just taking longer and may be altered (Nemo instead of Lil' Mermaid), but the plans will eventually be completed.

3. It's evolving, a mix of the two. Project Gemini as presented by Hill was blue sky, but the basic plans will be done as needed.
ie, no SSE overhaul (actually I've read that it may be still on, not as a coaster but the ride system redone), no tree planting, maybe a rainforest themed ride or something between the Land and the LS, no Jr. Autopia (boo), etc.

I fall under no.3 I think Epcot is changing, but it won't look exactly like "Project Gemini".

TURKEY

Originally posted by General Grizz
Don't forget Corrus.

I've got some answers, but I can solidify them in approx. 2 weeks.

Mr. Bear, why can't you solidify them now? Why do I have to wait 2 more weeks?

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by coopdog
With soring now being built will we see now more things happening in epcot or is project gemini dead?

Project Gemini is a living, breathing entity.
Always evolving...never static.

Alive in the hearts and minds of those who care...

It only works when you can't see it.

Be careful or you'll step in it.

:lol:

jrriddle

Originally posted by General Grizz
Don't forget Corrus.

I've got some answers, but I can solidify them in approx. 2 weeks.

I knew I was forgetting someone (hence the "etc.")
Sorry Corrus, no disrespect.
So two weeks starting....NOW.

pppapazo

Originally posted by jrriddle

3. It's evolving, a mix of the two. Project Gemini as presented by Hill was blue sky, but the basic plans will be done as needed.
ie, no SSE overhaul (actually I've read that it may be still on, not as a coaster but the ride system redone), no tree planting, maybe a rainforest themed ride or something between the Land and the LS, no Jr. Autopia (boo), etc.

Why would they place a rain-forest themed ride in EPCOT when AK is still begging for attractions (and attention), even with Everest on the horizon.

Peter

PS Pun intended.

NowInc

I wouldnt declaire it dead just yet. Disney has a habit of changing overall plans, but still going thru with proposed changes. I wouldnt expect to see it completed for a while tho.

Shaman

Change is good right? I hope some sort of change is on the way for Epcot...I don't want to see the pavilions fall apart...and WoL opened seasonly makes no sense at all...so whether Gemini or not change is needed....M:S and Soarin are great additions...and the NEMO addition to TLS is surprisingly good, but I think they should focus on the showcase and SSE....just my opinion....:D

I certainly hope it is dead. There should be a movement to restore EPCOT to it's original futuristic glory! Leave my Spaceship Earth alone and bring back Horizons, World of Motion, and the original Journey Into Imagination!!!

NowInc

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
I certainly hope it is dead. There should be a movement to restore EPCOT to it's original futuristic glory! Leave my Spaceship Earth alone and bring back Horizons, World of Motion, and the original Journey Into Imagination!!!

HAH! wont EVER happen. Most people here dont remember, but i am a big fan of change (most of the time)..and this is all part of making epcot seem NEW again. If it was always the same thing over and over, it would get boring..things have to always be altered in some way to attract people there...old fans and new. Its just a matter of WHAT decisions they make, but if it means getting rid of a few old attractions, then so be it.

SirGoofy

Getting rid of Journey Into Imagination was the worst idea ever.

But back on topic. I hope Gemini isn't dead. I would like to see changes made to WOL and SSE. Yes, SSE. I used to love it, but recently it just seems stale. I can't put my finger on why, it just doesn't intrest me anymore.

cloudboy

Really. Is there any particular point? And do you mean stale as in dated or stale as in doesn't hold your interest? I think Spaceship Earth is probably the least dated of some of the rides. Could it just be that you have been on it so many times?

What is theme behind Gemini, anyway - is there one? There use to be something about the future and learning, now it seems like it is just headed towards more science fiction rides.

andre85

Originally posted by cloudboy
Really. Is there any particular point? And do you mean stale as in dated or stale as in doesn't hold your interest? I think Spaceship Earth is probably the least dated of some of the rides. Could it just be that you have been on it so many times?

While I may not be SirGoofy, I can attest to the fact that, I too find SSE to be a bore. While it may have been great at one time, it simply comes across as horribily outdated, and as a result, it's quite wearisome. I don't know what they should do to improve it, but drastic measures are in order.

SirGoofy

Originally posted by cloudboy

What is theme behind Gemini, anyway - is there one? There use to be something about the future and learning, now it seems like it is just headed towards more science fiction rides.

I don't think it's dated. It's probably because it doesn't hold my intrest anymore. I used to love it, but I don't know what happened. It isnt because it's a dark ride, cuz I love them. I think it's because it doesn't have the great story many of the dark rides do.

Not For Sale

I think Disney is just looking for an excuse to put in a roller coaster in EPCOT to be able to say that they have a coaster in all of their parks worldwide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom