Is PotC really going to stop being PC?

disneytati

Oh, by the way... I just loved that little girl.. she was my favorite figure. The dog, too. But I think they're keeping the dog, as it appears on the first movie...

KevinPage

Someone mentioned previously that the girl in the barrell, who is being replaced, was hiding from the pirate, & has part of her dress ???

I don't remember this at all. The Drunk pirate she is hding from has a treasure map and she is looking at it and laughing. I didn't get any "sexual" connotation out of this scene at all.

Either way, she's a minor part and not a huge change. Off with her head if it makes a better atraction.

And as for Al Lutz stating that Sparrow is going to have his hands or face on butts/, I'll believe that when I see it.

DeathBySka1986

a2grafix said:
you mean this one? Not sure if it looks like Captain Jack, though. Does the pirate below look like Barbosa? Not sure.

wdw_jack_barrel_060606.jpg

Is it just me, or does Jack look nude and not to mention, totally cut/pasted into that picture?

Huh.

:lookaroun

T-1MILLION

KevinPage said:
Someone mentioned previously that the girl in the barrell, who is being replaced, was hiding from the pirate, & has part of her dress ???

I don't remember this at all. The Drunk pirate she is hding from has a treasure map and she is looking at it and laughing. I didn't get any "sexual" connotation out of this scene at all.

Either way, she's a minor part and not a huge change. Off with her head if it makes a better atraction.

And as for Al Lutz stating that Sparrow is going to have his hands or face on butts/, I'll believe that when I see it.

That was one of the few PC changes from years back. At one time he did hold a piece of cloth. Althouh I never thought she was naked you could see enough that indicated something of an "underdress" His dialog was also changed quite a bit a long time ago.

shaelyn

t1-million said:
That was one of the few PC changes from years back. At one time he did hold a piece of cloth. Althouh I never thought she was naked you could see enough that indicated something of an "underdress" His dialog was also changed quite a bit a long time ago.

Yep! If you have the PotC: CotBP DVD, in the special features there's a ride-through from DL from yeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago, and it shows it, including clear audio of the pirate :)

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
T-1MILLION said:

I always thought he was holding her hankerchief.

Buried20KLeague

Eeyore said:
I always thought he was holding her hankerchief.

Ditto. It was a hanky. It wasn't part of her dress. And she was clothed. What ride were YOU guys on, "Pirates of the Adult Entertainment World"? :lookaroun

:lol:

iheartdisney91

shaelyn said:
The pirate in front of her used to be holding a lacy something and wondering where the girl went. She was hiding from him in the barrel, presumably naked. It was PCed up :)

OH YES YES!!! I REMEMBER NOW LOL THANX!!

disnyfan89

Buried20KLeague said:
Ditto. It was a hanky. It wasn't part of her dress. And she was clothed. What ride were YOU guys on, "Pirates of the Adult Entertainment World"? :lookaroun

:lol:
Weren't we all :lookaroun

AEfx

shaelyn said:
Yep! If you have the PotC: CotBP DVD, in the special features there's a ride-through from DL from yeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago, and it shows it, including clear audio of the pirate :)

A for-real ride through?

If so, Disney should give you a commision - you just sold a copy. ;)

AEfx

polarboi

KevinPage said:

As others have pointed out, this was changed several years ago.

For those wondering about the change, an image from Disneyland's original version can be found on this page:
http://www.tellnotales.com/secrets3.htm

According to Wikipedia, the pirate's original dialogue included an indication of his intention "to hoist me colors upon the likes of that shy little wench," along with the remark that "I be willing to share I be." In today's world, these references to rape just didn't seem funny or appropriate. Obviously most of the pirates' activities are lighthearted takes on some pretty serious real-life events, but I guess that some in WDI felt that ultimately, this bit crossed a line. Most people never knew the difference.

-p.b. :cool:

shaelyn

AEfx said:
A for-real ride through?

If so, Disney should give you a commision - you just sold a copy. ;)

AEfx

Haha it's from The Wonderful World of Disney. There's the intro with Walt showing the model to a Disneyland ambassador or w/e her title is, and then they have footage of pirates sailing in on opening day, attacking the fort, killing the guards (yep!) and getting into the ride. Then, there's a ride through. It's pretty awesome :)

polarboi said:
As others have pointed out, this was changed several years ago.

For those wondering about the change, an image from Disneyland's original version can be found on this page:
http://www.tellnotales.com/secrets3.htm

According to Wikipedia, the pirate's original dialogue included an indication of his intention "to hoist me colors upon the likes of that shy little wench," along with the remark that "I be willing to share I be." In today's world, these references to rape just didn't seem funny or appropriate. Obviously most of the pirates' activities are lighthearted takes on some pretty serious real-life events, but I guess that some in WDI felt that ultimately, this bit crossed a line. Most people never knew the difference.

Yes! I knew I wasn't crazy. In the aforementioned PotC:CotBP ride-through, they do a close-up of this pirate and he DOES say exactly those things!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom