Is PotC really going to stop being PC?

NASAMan

brich said:
It's bad enough that I have to explain to my kids about alcoholism and public drunkeness, never mind the firing of guns at each other. Just imagine if I had to explain the degradation of women back then as well...:lookaroun

Just do it the way Jack Sparrow did. Hunch your shoulders and say, "Pirate".

brich

RalphieN said:
you should probably skip Universal altogether.

don't all kids play "guns" anymore?

probably should throw out your TV as well.
I'll clarify... I was being sarcastic... My kids love their 61" big screen, are Star Wars junkies. They're not big into toy guns but love to duel with swords and fighting sticks. My 7 year old is almost a brown belt in Karate. And they both love Universal... But not as much as Disney. Their favorite role play is that of Pirates. It was the theme of my 7 year olds last birthday and it's what he was for the MNSSHP last year...
I just find it odd in a ride filled with unPC events that a woman in a barrel gets all the attention...:rolleyes:

wired

karatemum said:
Sorry could you please explain what PC is?

Thanks

It means, someone, somewhere, was offended at something, and they complained so much that, that something was changed.

You know, this is how we have what is now known as a time-out, V-Chip, manditory car seats until the child is 16, the message "No animals were harmed in the filming of this picture", removing "In God We Trust" from everything, etc.

Opps! sorry I would like to personally apologize to anyone I might have offended with this post, it is not right of me to press my thoughts on anyone.

wired

PC - :hammer:

NeedABreak

Since1976 said:
No longer PC? What an outrage! I will not ride a ride that's run on a Mac!

/runs away

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You wouldn't be able to see half the ride with that stupid dock jumping up and getting in the way if it were a Mac attraction. lol

I can see it now iPirates. :lol:

NeedABreak said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You wouldn't be able to see half the ride with that stupid dock jumping up and getting in the way if it were a Mac attraction. lol

I can see it now iPirates. :lol:

HA HA Ipirates I like that but I think ISTITCH WOULD BE MORE FUN or hows about Ijungle cruise or Ispace mountain? Its a thought isnt it.:drevil:

Buried20KLeague

I think the change was made for a good reason. The point is that the new storyline is that Barbossa and his crew are after Jack... AND THE TREASURE.

So this drunk pirate is sitting there with the treasure map in his lap... I think it's a humorous move to put Jack in the barrel looking over the guy's shoulder to read the map so he can beat them to the treasure. If Barbossa has a treasure map and is racing Jack to get there, Jack would somehow have to acquire that information as well. With limited time and space to do so within the confines of the ride, this seems to me to be an ingenious way to do so. It's not an hour and a half movie... It's a fairly short dark ride.

The little girl was a fairly static character in my mind... Not as important as the redhead, or even the dunking mayor's wife. I think of her more like the women that are chasing/being chased. I could take them or leave them, especially if they were replaced with something more impressive.

RedGear

iheartdisney91 said:
ok first of all if they got rid of that girl in the barrel im going to be upset because she was the original thing! and i dont think she was naked because she had on a hat and it looked like the starting of her dress.(well in wdw) i hope they make it so the pirates are chasing the girls. that is cool lol:lol:

I think they should bring that back too, I don't think it's offensive. . . right? But Im sure there is that one person out there that complains about everything and ruins it for the rest of us. . .

Dagger

I guess now we get to be the old people that remember the way it "used" to be.

I'd venture to say that new generations will think it was probably lame in comparison with Sparrow...

..that's just how things go. Familiarity isn't always better though.

JROK

coastermaster83 said:
HA HA Ipirates I like that but I think ISTITCH WOULD BE MORE FUN or hows about Ijungle cruise or Ispace mountain? Its a thought isnt it.:drevil:

I say bring on iPirates... I'm tired of riding the PC version where that damn paper clip keeps popping up going, "It looks like you're riding Pirates. Would you like some assistance?" then I ignore him and he keeps coming back... "It looks like you're riding pirates... It looks like you're riding pirates... It looks like you're ---" SHUT UP ALREADY! Bring on my iPirates' Life...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
"It looks like you're riding Pirates of the Carribbean with Jack Sparrow and enjoying yourself - would you like me to remember this prefrence and bash giant holes into the mural at the Living Seas for your future enjoyment?"

SteveUK

I'm confused about the use of the phrase 'politically correct' in this context. Am I missing something, or is domestic violence PC if it is a female perpetrator? Or maybe this is a bit too deep for what is essentially a lighthearted attraction designed to be fun and not taken too seriously? If this is the case, can I ask why it was changed in the first place?

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
mousermerf said:
"It looks like you're riding Pirates of the Carribbean with Jack Sparrow and enjoying yourself - would you like me to remember this prefrence and bash giant holes into the mural at the Living Seas for your future enjoyment?"

You are starting to sound like grizz ... :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom