Is Mystic Manor coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

HMF

If this comes to full fruition, I think it could be really well done and a good ride. Mickey needs a signature ride and I think a ride in Hollywood Studios telling the story of his progression through film is a really good idea.
I agree it's a good idea for a ride. I disagree with the placement.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm hearing rumors that Mystic Manor will be moving into The Great Movie Ride after the "new lands" are completed. I know we have heard a rumor regarding a Mickey Mouse based attraction in the same place. A new trackless system would be awesome for this facility and really up the possibilities for the "Hollywood Studios." Anyone have an update for this possible project?

From where precisely are you hearing these rumours? Having read this thread, I can now say that I too "am hearing rumours".

Unless you are hearing these rumblings from a credible source, this thread really belongs in another forum.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I agree it's a good idea for a ride. I disagree with the placement.

Really? A ride about movie history of their main character in their movie park? For me it works. Where do you think it should be? For me it just makes sense to be in Hollywood Studios.

I don't mean that with snark - seriously just curious.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I don't mind it being in Hollywood Studios. I mind it replacing the Great Movie Ride.

I understand that. I love the movie ride, but I can also see it being hard to keep up especially if Turner isn't interested in renewing the deal.

HMF

I understand that. I love the movie ride, but I can also see it being hard to keep up especially if Turner isn't interested in renewing the deal.
Lack of interest in the deal on TCM's part is not the reason they are closing it.

ToTBellHop

Really? A ride about movie history of their main character in their movie park? For me it works. Where do you think it should be? For me it just makes sense to be in Hollywood Studios.

I don't mean that with snark - seriously just curious.
The MIckey Ride is not a historical piece about the history of Mickey.

In every way, it would make the most sense in Animation Courtyard. I think it will be a wonderful ride. It should be a wonderful ADDITIONAL ride for the park, not a replacement. What is so foolish is that GMR could be updated for relatively little money allowing the park to keep its signature E-ticket and get a new one for the Mouse.

NelsonRD

They are different. One is not objectively better than the other.

Clearly different, and clearly Manor is better. All rides are different, and my claim is Mystic Manor is one of, if not the best attraction, compared to any ride.

ToTBellHop

Clearly different, and clearly Manor is better. All rides are different, and my claim is Mystic Manor is one of, if not the best attraction, compared to any ride.
You seem to have an alternate understanding of fact vs. opinion. No opinions are "clearly" true.

I happen to feel Mansion is better because it is filled with a level of detail that Disney simply doesn't achieve anymore. They too readily rely on screens nowadays. I prefer an entirely practical experience.

NelsonRD

You seem to have an alternate understanding of fact vs. opinion. No opinions are "clearly" true.

I happen to feel Mansion is better because it is filled with a level of detail that Disney simply doesn't achieve anymore. They too readily rely on screens nowadays. I prefer an entirely practical experience.

Your right, it is a matter of opinion, but have you been on Mystic Manor? It does not rely on screens, has great animatronics, a great musical score, trackless (smooth), great story, and overall is an amazing attraction. Seeing a youtube video is not the same as experiencing it. Its one of the best, which is why Disney World should have something similar.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Mystic Manor is in Hong Kong. Fact.
Mystic Manor is newer than HM in the MK. Fact.
Mystic Manor is different from HM in the MK. Fact.
Mystic Manor is better than HM in the MK. OPINION. A clear value judgement. NOT quantifiable.

Biff215

Good point...They might be testing the possibilities. Just thought that the rumor would make this a true full day theme park destination.
Mystic Manor or the rumored Mickey ride replacing GMR would not help make it a full day park, as they would likely decrease capacity in that space. As others have pointed out, this should be an addition not a replacement to truly help the park.

I imagine this rumor sprung from the Mickey LPS rumors, as Manor would be one example of the ride system. Doubt it's more than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom