Is Mission Space too intense to take a camera?

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok, please read this fully before responding with "off" answers.

I am not taking my video camera in (unless there's a place to put it during the ride) but I would like to take my small digital camera in with me during the ride to shoot the interior of the que areas and such. Once on the ride I want to put my camera back in the holder around my neck. Is Mission Space too intense to keep my camera from being damaged?

barnum42

No worries - but when you are strapped in, it can get a little cosy in there, so you best have a W---I----D-----E angle lens. :animwink:

Coree

As everyone else has said, it shouldn't be a problem at all. They also have storage bins in the capsule that you can keep things in.

MKCP 1985

I took my digital camera when I went in October. You can see in my photo album a couple pics of the queue area. Whatever wasn't good about the photos had everything to do with the photographer - there was no damage to the camera!

NashvilleMouse

I think the real question is, can I eat a bowl full of yogert while in line for M:S? :hurl:

I am hearing from some people that it is intense and others that it is not. I am sure they have a place to put bags, like a net?

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
bangs

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
I think the real question is, can I eat a bowl full of yogert while in line for M:S? :hurl:

I am hearing from some people that it is intense and others that it is not. I am sure they have a place to put bags, like a net?

She bangs!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
bsandersjr - LOL!!

My Video Cameras done ToT, Space and Splash Mountains, BTM (yeah.. I know.. but the back row does whip somewhat), its been in the outdoor loop slipstream of Test Track and its done both Rock n Rollers... just MAKE SURE it is attatched. The worst thing that can happen is it strikes someone else. I always adjust the hand grip to be almost too tight (not possible with a stills camera) and wrap the shoulder strap around my hand, wrist AND forearm to ensure even if I lost grip it couldn`t go anyfurther than MY body!

PhotoDave219

The only way to get on ride shots of M:S, without using a flash, is to use a superclamp and mount the camera to the attraction itself in order to keep it steady.

Personally, i think its a total waste of time, considering the CM's would have a cow if they saw you mounting a camera.

Mateo1721

The only concern you should have with bringing a camera on the ride is forgetting it in the storge bins. I left my bag in there and had to wait around 15 minutes before it could be found again.

I guess I was just a little to excited after having ridden it for the first time :lol:

barnum42

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
The only way to get on ride shots of M:S, without using a flash, is to use a superclamp and mount the camera to the attraction itself in order to keep it steady.

Personally, i think its a total waste of time, considering the CM's would have a cow if they saw you mounting a camera.
*Contemplates making schoolboy "mounting" joke but thinks better of it and gets back to work*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom