Is it too early for a January 2010 roll call?

Lucille

January 2010 Roll Call

Is it too early to start a January 2010 roll call?

(Date: Board member's name, resort)

December 29-January 14: BLY
December 30-January 7: TTA-ATW, YCR and SSR
December 30-January 9: disneypearl, Coronado Springs and Pop Century
December 31-January 9: dizzney, BWV and BLT
December 31-January 17: Renee48, Polynesian
January 1-6: vadsnylvr, All-Star Movies
January 1-9: ZuzuPetals, Coronado Springs and Wilderness Lodge
January 1-10: wdwmap.com, Polynesian
January 1-10: popsicletrees, Pop Century and Polynesian
January 1-10: Disneybird, Pop Century and Polynesian
January 2-12: rodman1369, Beach Club Villas
January 3-7: Future Guy, Contemporary
January 3-8: chawk2004, BLT
January 3-10: Nicole220, Beach Club
January 3-10: papercut, CSR
January 3-10: natalia1681, off-site
January 4-9: dubba10, Polynesian
January 4-11: bigdonpaul
January 5-12: IMPoppins, All Star Music
January 5-12: Sweet Melissa, POFQ
January 6-13: petersenjp
January 6-13: Tinkrbell, Pop Century
January 6-13: Summerland24, POR
January 7-8 : LeeSeeBabe
January 7-13: WDWCPF98, Pop Century
January 7-16: tommyp, BCV
January 7-16: bcone, BLT
January 8-11: GoofyFan1
January 8-13: gjpjtj, POR
January 8-15: enough, Boardwalk Villas
January 8-16: DisneyPrincess5, the Polynesian
January 8-17: sweetpea_1993, AKL
January 10-17: Michael Hall
January 10-17: disney4life2008, Pop Century
January 10-17: farmersbell, POFQ
January 10-17: scotth1224, POR
January 11-18: JoeWDW
January 11-20: LongballMG and themoose, Pop Century
January 12-15: disneylemons, Boardwalk
January 15-20: PoohBear119, BLT and Contemporary
January 16-23: Goof-Man, CBR
January 17-21: skyhawk8519, WL
January 18-25: DougK, Polynesian
January 20-26: mitchk, All Star Music
January 20-27: Lucille, Pop Century
January 21-26: rjwalter, Boardwalk Villas
January 22-25: Epcotfan21, Beach Club
January 22-31: Krueg66, Caribbean Beach
January 23-30: raceroom, POFQ
January 23-30: hockeymeb, Pop Century
January 23-30: tazhughes, Boardwalk Villas
January 23-31: obrienIII, POFQ
January 23-February 1: Club 34, CSR
January 23-February 1: disneyfankev, Pop Century
January 24- : amaley01, POR
January 24-29: captainkidd, Beach Club Villas
January 24-31: pixiesteno, All-Star Music
January 25-February 1: ZipaDeeDooDad, POR
January 29-February 1: MistressLynnie
January 30-February 3: sparky03, Pop Century
January 30-February 6: DonChi, Contemporary
January 31-February : GentlRose, Wilderness Lodge

(I'll add people's info as they post it to the thread. If I get something wrong or forget you, let me know.)

P.S. If anyone starts a Pre-Trip Report, please post a link! I love reading them.

sweetpee_1993

Also... did anyone go on MLK weekend this year? How bad was it, really? I keep seeing conflicting reports, everything from "it's as bad as Easter" to "just slightly busier than usual". I know January gets busier every year... any firsthand experience with that weekend?
We weren't there for MLK weekend for this year (we went the last week of January) but we have in the past. Seems like it got busier but not like what I experienced the last week of May this year. Do some homework. Learn where to be & when. Even on the busiest of days you can do plenty if you know how to tour right. In my experience no matter when I've been there the weekends always seem to be the most busy. During the week is the best time to really see a lot. We try to take a slower pace on the weekends and not expect much. Of course our goal for our next trip (Marathon weekend thru MLK weekend) is to slow down, not feel hurried, and seek out stuff we have not seen before. :wave:

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
We weren't there for MLK weekend for this year (we went the last week of January) but we have in the past. Seems like it got busier but not like what I experienced the last week of May this year. Do some homework. Learn where to be & when. Even on the busiest of days you can do plenty if you know how to tour right. In my experience no matter when I've been there the weekends always seem to be the most busy. During the week is the best time to really see a lot. We try to take a slower pace on the weekends and not expect much. Of course our goal for our next trip (Marathon weekend thru MLK weekend) is to slow down, not feel hurried, and seek out stuff we have not seen before. :wave:

We were at WDW the week after MLK weekend in January 2008. I'm wondering if it was more crowded that week in January 2009 because of the 4/3 deal. And if so, I wonder if we'll find it to be more crowded in January 2010 because of that (if it's released.)

Upvote 0

Nicole220

This thread makes me happy! :D

My family and I will be there January 3rd-10th at Beach Club. Just booked our park hopper tickets and dining plan yesterday! Booking our dinner ressies in a week or so. :)

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
I called and booked Pop Century for our dates in January! I got the buy 5 nights get 2 free deal. I'm very happy! I know it's a better deal if you use it at a moderate/deluxe but we're all about doing this trip on the cheap!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I called and booked Pop Century for our dates in January! I got the buy 5 nights get 2 free deal. I'm very happy! I know it's a better deal if you use it at a moderate/deluxe but we're all about doing this trip on the cheap!
That's great!

I called this morning and changed our reservation for the 4/3 deal! Still 1/8-1/16, so we kind of have a 5/3 deal going haha.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Well, January gang, ain't it funny how plans change completely in such a short period of time? My youngest has been inexplicably sick for quite some time now and has missed several days of school this week alone. That said, we can't justify him missing 5 more to go on vacation in January. The in-laws looked at their work schedule and everyone decided that even tho it will cost more (and I WAS able to score the stay4/get3 for both of us) it would be best all around to switch to Spring Break: March 5 - March 14.

Sooooo, Lucille-darling, you can remove me from the January line-up. Good luck to all. I look forward to seeing some trip reports when you get home from your adventures!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
Well, January gang, ain't it funny how plans change completely in such a short period of time? My youngest has been inexplicably sick for quite some time now and has missed several days of school this week alone. That said, we can't justify him missing 5 more to go on vacation in January. The in-laws looked at their work schedule and everyone decided that even tho it will cost more (and I WAS able to score the stay4/get3 for both of us) it would be best all around to switch to Spring Break: March 5 - March 14.

Sooooo, Lucille-darling, you can remove me from the January line-up. Good luck to all. I look forward to seeing some trip reports when you get home from your adventures!

:wave:

Sorry you had to push the trip back. But at least you're still going! :) Hope your son is feeling better!

Upvote 0

amaley01

happy dance

We'll be booked before the end of the week. What a deal :)
Just have small details to work out like confirming vacation time and let the planning begin.
Here we come POR Jan 24

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
The January hours are out! YAY!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm

Now I have the dilemma of figuring out which flight to take on January 20th. There's a flight that leaves at 6am and one that leaves at 8am. The 6am flight lands at 1:10pm and the 8am flight leaves at 2:35pm.

For the 6am flight we'd have to leave our house no later than 4am (and since it takes me a while to get ready and do last minute packing in the morning I'll have to wake up by 2am. Normally, I'm barely in bed by 2am!) But we'd get to Orlando by 1:10 pm, take the ME to Pop Century, check in, grab some lunch, head to Animal Kingdom for EMH. We've never been to AK at night and it's our favorite park.

The 8am flight would be great because I could sleep until 4am instead of 2. But I worry we wouldn't get enough time at AK that night.

Anyone have any thoughts?? I have no idea how long it will take to do anything.

Last time we flew in around 12:30pm, got our luggage, waited in line for ME check-in, then waited in line for the bus. Then we ended up sitting on the bus forever before leaving. We stayed at POR and had to stop a few places first. Check-in didn't take too long but our room was pretty far away from the main building. We had lunch in the food court. then went back to our room to get stuff for the park. Then we took a bus to EPCOT. If I recall, we didn't get to EPCOT until close to 4:30 or so.

I'm hoping we could do things a little quicker this time around. But I'm still wondering if we should just take the early flight.

Ugh. I'll stop babbling now.

Upvote 0

popsicletrees

The 8am flight would be great because I could sleep until 4am instead of 2. But I worry we wouldn't get enough time at AK that night.

QUOTE]

I'm definitely a fan of sleeping in a little later. That way you can enjoy the EMH at the park.

Oh and if you could put us down Disneybird and I are officially on for Jan 1-2 at Pop and Jan 3-10 at Polynesian! 91 days!

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster

QUOTE]

I'm definitely a fan of sleeping in a little later. That way you can enjoy the EMH at the park.

Oh and if you could put us down Disneybird and I are officially on for Jan 1-2 at Pop and Jan 3-10 at Polynesian! 91 days!

I just worry that if everything ends up taking just as long this time as it did last time, we won't get to a park until 6:30pm (since last time we landed at 12:30 and got to the parks at 4:30.) And hour and a half just isn't much time at AK. :(

Are you and Disneybird traveling together?

Upvote 0

popsicletrees

I just worry that if everything ends up taking just as long this time as it did last time, we won't get to a park until 6:30pm (since last time we landed at 12:30 and got to the parks at 4:30.) And hour and a half just isn't much time at AK. :(

Are you and Disneybird traveling together?

I agree, not a lot of time at AK, especially since it will be getting dark early.

Disneybird is my mom. She's the one who made sure from birth that I would grow up to be an avid Disney fan. :lol:

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
I agree, not a lot of time at AK, especially since it will be getting dark early.

Disneybird is my mom. She's the one who made sure from birth that I would grow up to be an avid Disney fan. :lol:

Haha....nice.

I booked the 6am flight for us. EEK! We did 6am last time so I know we'll survive. We just really, really want to go to AK that night since it closes at 5pm every other night of our trip.

Upvote 0

Lucille

Original Poster
Well, I did it. Just booked my next mental vacation for 1/30 - 2/3 at Pop Century.

This will be my 8th trip to the World since 1974!

I added you to the list!

It'll be my 5th WDW trip since 1987. But only my husband's 2nd trip. (The first was in January 2008.)

Upvote 0

papercut

Booked today. 1/3-1/10 at CSR. It'll be our first time staying there. We're very excited.

It looks like the castle dream lights will still on for the first night we're there and Osbourne lights will be on still on 1/4. :xmas:

We were able to get all of the ADRs we wanted this morning too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom